Notices
G35/G37 General discussion and news for Infiniti's G or for full Forums check out MyG37.com or G35Driver.com

VRT in USCC

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 08:12 AM
Rampant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think anyone is upset at Eagle1 or his car -- it is great to see a fellow board member in the USCC.

The only thing people were reacting to is the publicity will go to VRT -- NOT Eagle1. And this may lead the magazine readers to believe that VRT is a great shop -- because of what Eagle1 had them do to the car.

It is sad when a shop can behave so poorly (illegally) and still receive acknowledgment as a top tuning shop (as a participant in the USCC), and that is what is upsetting people.

Nothing against Eagle1 or the car (it is an amazing machine and I hope it does well) -- just the shop and the promotion it will receive after it has screwed over so many people.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:23 AM
fallenromeo

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Rampant
The only thing people were reacting to is the publicity will go to VRT -- NOT Eagle1. And this may lead the magazine readers to believe that VRT is a great shop -- because of what Eagle1 had them do to the car.
+1 The work is not recent, most of it was done while Scott and Mark were still there wasn't it? Well now that they have left, isn't that a little misleading?
Old 09-28-2007, 10:19 AM
SeanMO

So why leave the stickers on?
Old 09-28-2007, 10:27 AM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SeanMO
So why leave the stickers on?
If VRT is on that car....it's an endorsement of that shop in my eyes and many others.

IMO...
Old 09-28-2007, 11:40 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by buzzardmountain
If VRT is on that car....it's an endorsement of that shop in my eyes and many others.

IMO...
1+......Some Noob comes along and reads that Mag and feels that VRT must be good....and the story goes on.

Not every G/Z owner is on the web
Old 09-28-2007, 12:13 PM
buzzardmountain

Just like this thread for example.....

http://www.importsnc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26052

You got to keep people informed so there aren't anymore victims......
Old 09-28-2007, 12:37 PM
masterj26

Nice sig. on that site
Old 09-28-2007, 01:40 PM
buzzardmountain

Originally Posted by masterj26
Nice sig. on that site
Thanks.....I'll see ya in a couple of days.

Heading down Sun. to ZCON.....

Phins better win while I'm on the f'ing road and unable to watch.
Old 09-28-2007, 01:44 PM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

IMO...
I have to agree on this with Buzz.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:34 AM
SoCalTed

I hear ya.

Actually, I have a conference call with Eagle1 this afternoon, so I'll mention it to Ed and get his take on the situation.

Cheers, Ted
Old 10-01-2007, 09:36 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

god, please do so we can get his name out of these threads. I feel bad that he is getting dragged into it due to his apparent fraternization with that company.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:43 AM
Eagle1

Hi gentlemen. DaveO gave me a call this morning and said I should check in on this thread. I have been traveling alot and not on the board much. Also just got a new computer and had a parental control put in as a matter of course, but it is so strict that it will not let me log on to My350Z. I think it may be because there are some "girlie" threads or links someplace on the site.

Anyway, to the topic at hand.

The car is mine. It has a lot of mods made to it. A lot. None are paid for by anyone but me. I went to VRT initially because Jim Wolf recommended it, they had the only JWT TT kits at the time, and Mark Brent was the mechanic to build the motor. Many of the specs to the car were my own, not VRT's.
The car's performance speaks for itself. We don't need to go into that.

I allowed them to put their sticker on the car because, at least in my case, it appeared that I was treated fairly and openly. I understand that this may not be the case with others. Many others. But I am not VRT, I was a customer, and have no business or other relationship other than that. Perhaps I was just lucky. And I have had no interest in joining into chats about what other people do or do not do, think or do not think about others. Just not my thing. I am sure you would not appreciate being associated with things over which you have no knowledge or control.

VRT came to me and asked if they could borrow my car, do some very radical stuff to it, and enter it into the challenge with SCCM. They would pay for 100% of everything done to the car and guarantee to return it to me the way they got it. If I liked any of the mods made, I could keep them, and pay the cost of the parts only, no labor. If I did not, they take it back to the way it was. Sounded like a cool deal, especially since it was to be a AWD project, paddle shifters, the whole nine yards. Part way through the project they decided they could not achieve the objective in time. Long story short, the car competed, you will read about how it did in the next issue.

They then got the car back, put it back together for me, all as promised and I turned it over to Mark Brent and Jim Wolf to square all the work and race tune it for me for the upcoming season. I hope to get it back next week.

I have some open accounts with them and maybe I will or maybe I won't get the money back that they owe me. It isn't much. The company is gone, and the stickers for VRT are off. But so far I am not aware that I have ever been done wrong. But I was also always very careful and precise with my directions on what to do and what it would cost up front.

Where things went wrong with VRT and its customers, I do not know.

Respectfully,

Ed

And yes.................the car performed well on the track.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:57 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Eagle1
.............I have some open accounts with them and maybe I will or maybe I won't get the money back that they owe me. It isn't much. The company is gone, and the stickers for VRT are off. But so far I am not aware that I have ever been done wrong. But I was also always very careful and precise with my directions on what to do and what it would cost up front.

Where things went wrong with VRT and its customers, I do not know.

OK I have been waiting fro your replay cause you have been considered by many a respectable member and i give you all the benefit of the doubt... so let me lay it out... VRT and MR A are the the biggest POS in the business. Yes VRT had some good guys in Mark, Scott but once they left all the shlt from mra put the business down , and it went down fast.
NOW
I give you props for taking the vrt stickers out of your car but as Mark ans Scott did and as Buzzwards puts it :

"Try to run far, far, away from VRT.......when you can't run any more, get in your car, plane, boat, whatever......get out of dodge "

OK ALSO MANY MEMBERS, including those who thought they got what they paid for and all, are now finding out that they did not get everything they paid for, like cams things like that but the biggest thing.. IS THAT YOU ENGINE IS NOT YOURS!!!! IT WAS STOLEN FROM SOME GUY IN GERMANY THAT PAID 40K$ for his pRoject.... and unfortunately you could be dragged into he mess because of VRTs scam, with you and the German.

Originally Posted by TurboTim
Well.......We have the worse story yet.We have a car that was sent over from Germany to be built by VRT.He was charged almost $40K.It was sad what was actually done.A bogus *** used motor that was about to seize up and a JWT turbo system with blown turbos with chewed up compressor wheels and he got some Carbon doors and a Carbon hatch that wasnt installed right! For $40K.Oh yeah and the hood on the yellow bumble bee car on Dpsort was his.VRT stole it off his car painted it and put it on Miguels car! Needlsee to say there was a huge list of parts that we not put on his car and there is a huge list of parts that were stolen off of it!
The German is like 6" 10" and 275 lbs of solid muscle.LOL. Mike A is about 5"8" and 165lbs. I would be ****tin myself if this dude was coming after me too.We actually wnet to JWT today to see if any of his JWT engine ,turbo parts were salvagable and..............the verdict.......not really but some $400 dollar Eagle rods are(He paid for Pauter rods)! We also found out that the parts in this engine were defintiely out of the yellow VRT race car.So we estimate that he paid close to $40K and he honestly has about $3K of usable parts.Most of that is in the carbon doors.The carbon hatch is f*cked and the lexan install was botched up horribly.VRT told him to come pick up the car when he arrived here and we went to Mike A's house(he was nowhere to be found) and so we start the car and it is making all sorts of noises. So we turn it off and tow it to the shop. Put it on the lift and take a quick look......oil everywhere,stock axles,stock exhaust,stock G35 diff, driveshaft bolts only tightened with fingers! no oil cooler, nothing else really except the turbo system was there.So we pull the motor and find out the clutch is JWT and not a $2800 Carbonetics tiple disc,the 850 turbos compressor wheels are chewed up.Start dissassembling the motor and find out their is aluminum shavings in the exhaust ports, find out the cams are pretty much junk,the heads are trashed,the oil squirters bolts were all loose and one of them backed out and was bouncing around in the bottom-end cracking a piston,smashing up the block and damaging the crank.No darton sleeves,just a stock block that is preety much done with.Oh but they put a VRT Carbon engine cover on their I would advice you to take your Carbon VRT cover off of your car and burn it unless you want to be one of the people who still supports VRT.
Originally Posted by denchan350gt
Do you think he will allow you to post pics of their f**k ups?

I will ask the customer.

Who put in the engine Mike Knop?

I dont know.

What did the person who gave him his keys have to say about the noises?

It was a guy washing the new owner of VRTs car. She wasnt their. VRT wanted him to pay another $5000 to pick up his car and the Germans buddy was smart enough to mention the serials number of the engine not matchng the chasis and them not being able to get past customs in Germany and not be able to get TUV certification. He wanted to see the engine in Ed Reisners car because supposedly Ed Reisners car has the Germans sleeved blcok. All of a sudden the keys were handed over and no money was asked for. Ed Reisners car was smoking so bad and burning oil so much and kocking to the point you could hear it from a 100 yards away. It is a complete joke. Yes Ed, your car will be the biggest pile of dog doo to come ou of VRT yet! Sorry. I know you probably dont want to hear that and I know you are an innocent bystander in all this but it is the truth.

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 10-01-2007 at 02:25 PM.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:55 PM
turismo

Originally Posted by zz350zz
unbelievable that they still are getting any spotlight....

Nice post dave079

That avatar cracks me up everytime I see it
Old 10-01-2007, 08:43 PM
Motormouth
Banned

that is sort of a cop out. but oh well, at least your car is good.

I can't beleive any enthusiast would ever take the line 'well, they did me fine, oops on the others'.

but... your car, your life.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:55 PM
THE ROADSTER

Thumbs up

good job on warning other customers.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:18 AM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Hello, I feel as if I have remained in a professional manner throught ALL of these VRT posts and not slinging mud publicly about what I know about the company known as VRT and the reasons why Mark and myself left.
I must state that I DID try to share and express my concerns about the way things were starting to go with as many customers as I felt were directly impacted before I left.
Ed (Eagle1), in particular was one of the customers (and friend) which I had alot of respect for that I shared with about the goings on and that I was no longer going to a part of that company and will no longer be able to help him out on overseeing his car. I tried not to, but I did take it personally when he listened to what I had to say, but despite what I had told him he still decided to continue and evolve his relationship with Mr A and VRT for the past year, pretty much taking what I put my neck out on the line to tell him and tossing it aside. Ed is awesome and someone that I held in VERY hi regard, had a ton of respect for, and considered him a good friend. I took it hard weather he knows it or not. I went from having weekly, many times daily extended conversations with Ed, (even having dinner at his house with his family) to being treated as if I was the enemy, or as if I had the plague. (I would love to someday here why this was the case). He obviously made his decision on what to do, and that was that. ...........Anyways enough about that.

All's I know is that (not me, but) Mark Brent my main mechanic, buisness partner, and original builder of this car has been contacted directly by Ed to go over his whole car, fix what was wrong with it, and get it back in "good" working order for him. It was mentioned to me today that Ed has also requested that the VRT stickers all be removed, (finally). I am sure the car will be back to as good as it ever was, and back terrorizing track goers in no time.

--Scott @ Relentless Autosports

Last edited by WA2GOOD; 10-02-2007 at 01:32 AM.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:34 AM
DVFlyer
Speed of White

No offense, Eagle, but you state you don't want to join chats about what people do or don't do yet here you are. And you state you don't know where you have been done wrong by VRT, yet say they owe you money.

You may not be as upset as others who have posted, but I'm not buying that you don't think something we awry with the work done to your car. Especially since you're having other people check it out which even if VRT was still around, I have a feeling you would have still done.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:13 PM
r10apple

Originally Posted by DVFlyer
No offense, Eagle, but you state you don't want to join chats about what people do or don't do yet here you are. And you state you don't know where you have been done wrong by VRT, yet say they owe you money.

You may not be as upset as others who have posted, but I'm not buying that you don't think something we awry with the work done to your car. Especially since you're having other people check it out which even if VRT was still around, I have a feeling you would have still done.
I think in the wonderful world as we know it today, making a rather germaine post explaining his position is the "safest" way of not being part of a (bigger)legal headache that is inevitably in VRT's future.

Certainly, saying something like the post a couple pages up ("so let me lay it out... VRT and MR A are the the biggest POS in the business") is actionable. Perhaps we should remember to preface future statements with "it appears that" or "in my opinion". The again, brevity and/or silence is a beautiful thing...

Quick Reply: VRT in USCC