Notices
G35/G37 General discussion and news for Infiniti's G or for full Forums check out MyG37.com or G35Driver.com

Juiced up G Cpe**pics**

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2003, 06:19 PM
Edretti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Juiced up G Cpe**pics**

Well, after a very long project due mostly because of the lack of time, I have finally finshed my nitrous install. I am very impressed and happy with it. I first started out with the 55 shot and was like....eeehhhhhh. I got home and installed the 75 shot and wow! This is one of the cleanest nitrous installs I have ever seen. My shop foreman at my work installed it for me and did an incredible job. The nitrous control panel is for the remote bottle opener, heater blanket, purge and main controller. I used velcro and stuck in on the drivers side as shown for easy access and can easily be tucked under the seat if I had a need to. Enjoy the pics!

Bottle:

Control panel:

Purge:

Controller:

Purple Monster:

What people will see at wide open throttle:
Bottle Control Panel: Purge
Old 08-01-2003, 05:55 PM
Tigerstylez

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks good man...I am sure she will fly for you now. Nice clean install.

How often do you get to use it?
Old 08-01-2003, 11:28 PM
Edretti

Wink

as often as I can brother!
Old 08-02-2003, 05:14 AM
brattygirl72

First I want to say, nice install and I like you car. Secondly, I hate to sound ignorant but how safe is it to use NOS on your car? I know it's a lot cheaper than buying a supercharger or turbo. I thought about using NOS but I'm scared of blowing up my engine.

Thanks,
Brat
Old 08-02-2003, 05:47 AM
Edretti

Hey Brattygirl, it is safe just as long as you pay attention and know what you are doing. First off, I bought a zex wet nitrous kit. The nitrous controller operates and only engages at wide open throttle which means "the pedal is to the floor". The days where you hit a button and spray as you give it gas are over! The controller is programmed to learn that position of the pedal though the tps (throttle position sensor). When you hammer the pedal it squirts nos into the engine through the throttle body. The trick is to make sure you don't hit the redline because if you do the computer will cut the fuel off and then your in trouble. As for the bottle you take other percautions like putting a blow off valve and tube outside of the car in the event the bottle ever gets too high in pressure it releases the nos through the tube and out the car. It just takes common sense and an awareness to be safe. I just advise people that are considering to use nitrous is to educate themselves before they go out and spend the money on the kit or even blow up their engine. A good start would be on this website in the forced enduction forum and the post that reads "the big bad nitrous". It's very long but very educational. Hope that helps!
Old 08-02-2003, 09:06 AM
brattygirl72

Default Thx

Edretti,

thanks for the information. I guess I'm still living in the 80's when it comes to NOS. I remember seeing a lot of white smoke and tow trucks back in the day because guys where spraying at the beginning of the race. Doh! Since the controller is programmed through tps it sounds much safer!
Again, thanks for the information. Make sure you post some kills and some times on the site too!

Take care,

Brat