Notices
G35/G37 General discussion and news for Infiniti's G or for full Forums check out MyG37.com or G35Driver.com

my Lambo Balloon White G coupe (Satin White)

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 12:29 PM
kaminariZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

car is nice, but front offset and wheels completely ruin it man! fix that offset on the front. other than that, i don't like the stretched look but thats just personal preferance. i just always think a car would look meaner with some 285's + on the rears.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:54 PM
Adon

^

I said more than once, and I'll say it again in caps to make sure people read it, my shop ordered the wrong size tires for my front so right now....

THE WHEELS ON MY FRONT RIGHT NOW ARE A SPARE SET OF WHEELS AND THEY'RE ON TEMPORARILY UNTIL I GET THE RIGHT TIRES FOR MY ACTUAL FRONT WHEELS

Last edited by Adon; 05-26-2009 at 12:25 AM.
Old 05-17-2009, 02:01 PM
kaminariZ

i gotcha man!
Old 05-17-2009, 07:42 PM
Fluid1

the fitment on the passenger side of the new front bumper looks way off...
you need bigger tires to go on those rims....

looks good overall
Old 05-19-2009, 06:34 PM
Ed Hardy
Banned

Originally Posted by Adon
I'm a low offset stretched tires kinda guy.
ORLY? How do your 30mm spacers fit into that statement?
Old 05-19-2009, 09:23 PM
Adon

^ I don't understand what you're trying to say, if you have an opinion on something then feel free to state it, everyone is entitled to theirs, no need for the typical forum subliminals. I know true offset is done without spacers, but offset offset isn't everything when it comes to fitment, it's about the width of the wheel combined with offset that give you the desired stance, and not offset alone.

I do however get the sense that you're throwing cheap shot at my choice in wheels and ultimately my willingness to spend money on a higher end wheel which seems to be the most common insult on a car forum. And in that case, you should know that they're my first set, and SINCE I KNEW when I bought the wheels that I was going to get a full widebody kit in the future and would end up having to get a different set of wheels, I decided that spending 5 grand on Volks/Works wouldn't be wise since they would be useless to me after the widebody install.

So you can't really come at me assuming I'm one of those guys who are too "cheap" to afford high end wheels since I've spent around 6k alone on various sets of wheels since I've gotten the car, and not including the set of custom HRE's sittin in storage just waitin for the widebody, these R1 Hypes are the second nicest set I have, cuz as you can see in the pics those generic winter beaters are taped up with blue tape for a reason.... they're ugly as fck, fake rivets and all.

In any case, don't wanna start a forum argument since I'm not that guy, I just answered your comment to the best of my ability.

and Fluid yea I have to go back so they can readjust the passenger side, it wasnt tightened down enough it must have popped out of place.

Last edited by Adon; 05-20-2009 at 03:58 PM.
Old 05-22-2009, 12:09 AM
Ed Hardy
Banned

I do however get the sense that you're throwing cheap shot at my choice in wheels and ultimately my willingness to spend money on a higher end wheel which seems to be the most common insult on a car forum. And in that case, you should know that they're my first set, and SINCE I KNEW when I bought the wheels that I was going to get a full widebody kit in the future and would end up having to get a different set of wheels, I decided that spending 5 grand on Volks/Works wouldn't be wise since they would be useless to me after the widebody install.

So you can't really come at me assuming I'm one of those guys who are too "cheap" to afford high end wheels since I've spent around 6k alone on various sets of wheels since I've gotten the car, and not including the set of custom HRE's sittin in storage just waitin for the widebody, these R1 Hypes are the second nicest set I have, cuz as you can see in the pics those generic winter beaters are taped up with blue tape for a reason.... they're ugly as fck, fake rivets and all.

In any case, don't wanna start a forum argument since I'm not that guy
Bit defensive, are we? Where did I say anything about the brand of your wheels? You both started and ended that particular argument all on your own, in this case.

^ I don't understand what you're trying to say, if you have an opinion on something then feel free to state it, everyone is entitled to theirs, no need for the typical forum subliminals. I know true offset is done without spacers, but offset offset isn't everything when it comes to fitment, it's about the width of the wheel combined with offset that give you the desired stance, and not offset alone.
I did state it, but since you obviously don't get it, I'll explain further. You stated that you like low offsets and stretched tires. Running wheels that are narrow and/or high offset, then running massive spacers to achieve flushness, is completely contradictory to what you claim to be into. Got it?

Have you heard of hellaflush? It's funny b/c their motto, "offset is everything," is the polar opposite of what you said. I agree that it's about more than just offset when it comes to fitment, and width also matters. It's so confusing because you say all that, but then you run wheels with weakass fitments. Bottom line: running gigantic spacers means your wheels DO NOT FIT.

I just answered your comment to the best of my ability.
I was confused and hoping for more explanation, since you said one thing while your actions were entirely opposite of that. However, now I understand. You, yourself, are totally lost when it comes to flush wheels. It's ok, everybody will end up following some trend blindly to some degree at some point in their lives.

Last edited by Ed Hardy; 05-22-2009 at 12:22 AM.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:43 AM
Adon

yea aight I already explained myself, and I don't feel like letting you shlt in this thread cuz it's been clean for 8 pages.

I don't understand what part of
-First set of wheels ///
-werent bought with the intention of being flush ///
-knew they would be replaced down the line ///
-didn't wanna blow money on expensive set when they'd be replaced eventually////
isn't quite registering with you.

And since it's gonna be a while before I install the widebody with the custom hre's I figure I'll have a little fun with 25mm spacers and stretched tires, so if you wanna bag on me for using spacers narrow tires on a 10 inch wide rim to achieve a flush look, then go ahead... but jump in the aggressive fitment/stretched tires thread and do the same there, lot of guys are using spacers and stretching the **** out their tires in there as well.

thanks for comin out stating your opinion
Old 05-25-2009, 02:17 AM
604G35

Hey Adon i think i just saw your ride 2day,were you at Denmen and Robson today around 6:30pm if that was you loveing the ride i had to do a 2nd look and almost missed my turn
Old 05-25-2009, 08:03 AM
Adon

yea I was there yesterday, went to go visit a friend at my old work and took the wife out to eat. It was a nice day, streets were packed eh.

you coming out to the meet on Sunday 31st at Jericho beach Spanish Banks area ??
Old 05-25-2009, 04:34 PM
jtuned_philip

these are pictures taken with my iPhone so cut me some slack. So yea due to shitty pictures it may look like primer, but believe me, it is not.

guess we'll all have to wait for a real photo shoot so you can see the pearly texture with the satin clear over it. This paint job is for real, it's the pics that are not giving it justice. It looks exactly the same as the Lamborghini pics up top, except those pics were taken with a 5 thousand dollar camera probably.
Not hating on you or the car... but as a photographer I can't let that $5k comment go, I looked at the EXIF data on the photos and they were shot with a Canon PowerShot SD800 IS ($229, Google Shopping), to see it for yourself just save the photos to your desktop, right click, go to properties look at the details tab and scroll down till you see "Camera."

I just can't stand it when people think their photos depend on how expensive their gear is, that's all.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:21 PM
Adon

^ thanks for pointing that out, yea I'm not a photographer hence the random 5k pricetag camera thing I said. So yea sorry didn't mean to step on anyone toes with my random comment.

a friend of mine who does photography told me the lighting inside that warehouse was pretty good thats why the pics came out so nice, would you agree ?

Old 05-25-2009, 09:19 PM
- bigc -

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

^ holy shiznit, that lambo has like 6 flux capacitors!
Old 05-26-2009, 12:24 AM
Adon

^ bigc, sup homie how you been ? i seen all the stuff u done to your car since last time i talked to u, looks awesome man, keep up to good work, and I saw you on YouTube as well, IN HIGH DEFINITION, lol... on that RiceBoy TV interview at that drive in place, way to rep the community man!

ok guys< I just got back tonight from another nighttime photoshoot, and it went real well, my wheels are on, alignment is done, and the photos looked really really good, I will post them sometime tomorrow, hopefully the pics won't disappoint
Old 05-26-2009, 06:48 AM
NA350Z

Originally Posted by jtuned_philip
Not hating on you or the car... but as a photographer I can't let that $5k comment go, I looked at the EXIF data on the photos and they were shot with a Canon PowerShot SD800 IS ($229, Google Shopping), to see it for yourself just save the photos to your desktop, right click, go to properties look at the details tab and scroll down till you see "Camera."

I just can't stand it when people think their photos depend on how expensive their gear is, that's all.
Thats odd, I just did it and it said Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT, I know thats not exactly cheap.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:00 AM
- bigc -

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

^ bigc, sup homie how you been ? i seen all the stuff u done to your car since last time i talked to u, looks awesome man, keep up to good work, and I saw you on YouTube as well, IN HIGH DEFINITION, lol... on that RiceBoy TV interview at that drive in place, way to rep the community man!
things are chill man and i'm glad to see you're posting over here! i had no idea you were planning to go widebody until i came across this thread a few months ago. that color is sick; hope I can see your ride in person some day!

don't mention that riceboy tv stuff...cameras just make me nervous

Last edited by - bigc -; 05-26-2009 at 11:03 AM.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:11 PM
Adon

^ ay man, you did good in the interview, repped real well, cool to see some coverage for our cars man. Yea I'm going widebody soon hopefully once I get all the parts together.

-------------

aight guys I have a few pictures from the shoot the other night, got a bunch more including rolling shots that I will put in an official photoshoot thread I'll make in a few days, I can only post a few of these cuz it's all I got finished right now.

sorry for the big pic size, here's a 1 pic from the photoshoot, the others still havent been edited, once they are I'll post them.

Last edited by Adon; 05-27-2009 at 03:50 PM.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:25 PM
jtuned_philip

Originally Posted by NA350Z
Thats odd, I just did it and it said Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT, I know thats not exactly cheap.
Strange, I just checked again and I'm still seeing Canon PowerShot SD800 IS, but the XT is about $300 in the used camera market since it's a discontinued model. My point isn't the price of any camera though, it's just that a nice camera doesn't necessarily mean nice photos.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:25 PM
tinlok

100% sex

i'd hit it.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:02 AM
fventura03

looks good, love the colour, now lower it and get some really nice wheels for it .

Quick Reply: my Lambo Balloon White G coupe (Satin White)