Notices
G35/G37 General discussion and news for Infiniti's G or for full Forums check out MyG37.com or G35Driver.com

Guitarrocker98 Built Turbo'd g35 coupe

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 05:29 PM
Guitarrocker98

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ooooo yea got ya. Thanks. I know how they looked the first pic of the brown car is real . I didn't photoshop it at all. Then there's the black one with pink wheels then there is a blue one. Those a re all the rides I know of that have flares. I'm doing both I think and I will decide later.
Old 01-21-2014, 05:33 PM
Guitarrocker98

Finally made it to the second page haha. The first page took so long to load.
Old 01-22-2014, 03:46 PM
Guitarrocker98

If anyone can help me track down a APR GTC 300 Spoiler I would appreciate it. I think I need the 67' one not the 61.
Old 01-23-2014, 01:05 PM
Guitarrocker98

Guys Im debating on what hood pins to use. Should I run the Aerocatch, OR I was thinking hood pins with the wire like on old mustangs would look good with my build. Fender Flares with exposed bolts, Spoiler..... You know what I mean?????? Advice is wanted.
Old 02-06-2014, 05:48 AM
VisualSeven

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Guitarrocker98
Guys Im debating on what hood pins to use. Should I run the Aerocatch, OR I was thinking hood pins with the wire like on old mustangs would look good with my build. Fender Flares with exposed bolts, Spoiler..... You know what I mean?????? Advice is wanted.
Hey whats up guitarrocker! nice to see you on here. I think go with Aerocatch
Old 02-06-2014, 09:16 PM
Guitarrocker98

Yea, Im in the middle..... I think I will do aerocatch, that makes it easier to make the car look way clean if I decide to mold the widebody in later on.
Old 03-31-2014, 10:06 PM
Guitarrocker98

Just tried starting my car, and it won't even attempt to kick over really… It gets like one rotation and stops… I don't know if its the alternator or whats going on… The car does have its entire interior gutted and I have not installed everything back in to make sure I'm not missing anything…
Old 04-05-2014, 12:12 PM
Guitarrocker98

Good news, car started up. Bad news is that the coolant is leaking behind the plenum. Under the throttle body. Anyone have any ideas??? I remember pulling off a hose back there I will take the plenum off later and take a peek and make sure all plugged up… If not then I have a PITA job of getting a new hose back there. Good news is no oil leaks or gas spewing.
Old 04-05-2014, 01:16 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

^ Noticed the title of your vid. 600whp on a modified Turbonetics kit? Good luck with that. Several have tried and failed. That kit wasn't designed to support built motor power. By the time you address the shortcomings on both the hot and cold side of that kit, you'll essentially have a custom one-off kit that has more in common with the other top mount ST kits on the market than the original Turbonetics kit (Taurran comes to mind). Dunno if you have upgraded it since then, but that intercooler on Page 1 of this thread looks way too small to support that power goal.
Old 04-05-2014, 01:49 PM
Guitarrocker98

It is a custom kit... I know I need to address the intercooler. The car was just at 520... It was running. But this is the first start up after I added a new radiator, injectors, fuel pump, fuel rail, belts, unorthodox pulleys, and a few other pieces. Car has not. Turned over for about a year and a half. I'm hoping with these mods I can max it around 600 daily it in the high 4's low 5's.... I will be replacing the intercooler before I get it tuned.
Old 04-07-2014, 04:13 PM
Guitarrocker98

OKAY I need help... A local shop here is hooking me up with an intercooler. I currently have a spearco one, but they will hook me up with a Morimoto limited one. I need a little help. My accenting is all gold. Here is my debate. Which one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mishimoto-Universal-Intercooler-M-Line-Eat-Sleep-Race-Edition-Gold-End-Tanks-/141022862855?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20d59e1e07&vxp=mtr
OR

http://www.mishimoto.com/mishimoto-m...-all-gold.html

A part of me tells me all gold is to much, but its the intercooler so it is kinda a visual piece... Mine currently doesnt have any BLING to it..... But the other one is nice as well. Polished off center gold sides... I dunno HELP!!!
Old 04-07-2014, 06:50 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

The all gold is too much IMO. But regardless, it looks like they don't offer either one with their 4" R Line core. So I would advise to get neither.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:06 PM
Guitarrocker98

Well I'm. Urgently running the spearco one with the turbonetics kit... But this one would just be crap compared to that or??? I'm researching the inter oilers a bit more tonight.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:25 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

This is the intercooler used on the PowerLab kit. It will better support the 600+whp power goal you have.

http://www.icevex.com/products_40m.html

I also tried looking up Treadstone intercoolers as well, but their website seems to be down right now.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 04-07-2014 at 07:27 PM.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:37 PM
Guitarrocker98

I cant get on treadstone either. Im currently trying to figure out how to mount that large of an intercooler... Its HUGE haha. I may end up notching it out from the brace and drilling out holes in it to allow more air flow... I dunno...
Old 04-13-2014, 02:29 PM
Urbanengineer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got fed up with the dip, and I have migrated over here for the time being. I see 350z gets nicer pictures then we do over on the dark side!
Old 04-17-2014, 09:12 AM
Guitarrocker98

HAHA yea one of the issues I run into is I dont much input over on Driver so I try and post on both to get a fair amount of feedback before I go and make decisions... Sorry that I dont post a fair amount of pics haha on both.......
Old 04-17-2014, 09:14 AM
Guitarrocker98

Anywho car went off to the shop on Monday. It will be getting a

OS Giken Twin disc clutch installed
Aerocatch flush mount hood pins
re clear coat on the Carbon Fiber Roof
AC system recharged (turbo tubing burns holes in the AC line...)
A good old look over of the motor since it has not started in 2 years or so time...
Clean out the injection system make sure its not gunked up
Many more things... (like the Fender Flares are going on...)

Car went off to the shop yesterday...

Trunk may end up like this

Old 04-17-2014, 12:52 PM
Guitarrocker98

Rear toe is almost fixed. The sway bar is fixed up!!! looking pretty haha. It is very dirty. I tried to wash it down before it went in, and the soap didnt get all off and it has that smearing on it...

Old 05-06-2014, 01:47 PM
Guitarrocker98

OKAY, so some of these mods I will be listing are FOR SURES, some I dont know quite yet on... I will be asking some advice....

Lets start of with the FOR SURE ONES!!!

Vinyl wrapped tail lights...

Tail light Eye Lids

LIMITED EDITION Eat Sleep Race Intercooler

NOW FOR THE MAYBES AND THE QUESTIONS

Gold NRG Rear Tow hook

Quick Release Bumper Fastener in Gold (this one all depends on the flares and where they are built into.....

These Last Two are BIG TIME Questions.....

Mercedes C63 AMG Side Vents OR Canards...

Here is my bumper I would most likely delete the sidemarkers...

Here are the pieces im debating adding... They are either OR.. I wont do Both I may do NONE...

Reason to add them is to break up the front end a little once the Flares are on... Here is what I am talking about...

Something else up there...

Nismo Aprons I will Bolt on...

Once again trying to mask the rear tires poking out from the body trying to avoid this...

Any advice or help PLEASE!!!

Quick Reply: Guitarrocker98 Built Turbo'd g35 coupe