Notices
G35/G37 General discussion and news for Infiniti's G or for full Forums check out MyG37.com or G35Driver.com

Turbo questions

Old 10-28-2014, 07:46 AM
sammyflex520

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo questions

I don't know if this question has been asked or not, i did some searching and couldn't find a definite answer.

What is the largest turbo you can fit or has been fitted in the stock airbox location?

i have an 05 g35 coupe 6mt that is turbo already (stock bottom end still) and I want to upgrade the turbo.
I picked up a borg warner s360 turbo and side by side comparison to my existing shows it may not fit. A mid mount setup is an option but i'd prefer not to.

No matter what i have to change all the piping to fulfill the needs of the bigger turbo so if I have to go mid mount then so be it but I do feel more comfortable with the turbo sitting up in the engine bay.
Old 10-28-2014, 08:11 AM
iideadeyeii

Received 441 Likes on 357 Posts

WHY!?
Old 10-28-2014, 08:18 AM
sammyflex520

Why what??
Old 10-28-2014, 10:57 AM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

I'll go out on a limb and say no effin way that thing fits... That's a big turbo even for supra guys. Now would it be a good match to the VQ is another question? I think guys fit a GT35 up front...
Old 10-28-2014, 11:08 AM
sammyflex520

Thanks Highway - was advised by a friend to go with this but he apparently didn't put into consideration the physical size of it.
I just got it a few days ago and am more than likely going to send it back.

Def more helpful than asking me "why" lol.

I will say this though, my buddy has an sc300 with a 2JZ GTE swap and is pretty familiar with those motors. I feel as if he would've told me if it's too big for a supra.

Would appreciate some more answers if anyone has any insight.

Last edited by sammyflex520; 10-28-2014 at 11:26 AM.
Old 10-28-2014, 11:50 AM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by sammyflex520
Thanks Highway - was advised by a friend to go with this but he apparently didn't put into consideration the physical size of it.
I just got it a few days ago and am more than likely going to send it back.

Def more helpful than asking me "why" lol.

I will say this though, my buddy has an sc300 with a 2JZ GTE swap and is pretty familiar with those motors. I feel as if he would've told me if it's too big for a supra.

Would appreciate some more answers if anyone has any insight.
No p.. Well it isn't too big for a supra at all. It's physically large but not too big. I have a 2 JZGTE powered SC and most likely will use the turbo you mention. and I might have issues clearing some of the manifold runners but I may use a QSV to compensate. Disconnect the battery and take the airbox out and test fit it for shizz and giggles...
Old 10-28-2014, 12:17 PM
sammyflex520

Originally Posted by Highway Riding
No p.. Well it isn't too big for a supra at all. It's physically large but not too big. I have a 2 JZGTE powered SC and most likely will use the turbo you mention. and I might have issues clearing some of the manifold runners but I may use a QSV to compensate. Disconnect the battery and take the airbox out and test fit it for shizz and giggles...
Airbox is out already thats where my current turbo sits. I haven't had a chance to pull out the current turbo and see where i stand as of yet but I'm going to tackle that tomorrow and snap some pictures.

I Want this turbo to work because after i get the block done i want to be around the 600 hp range until i get bored and want more.