Notices
G35/G37 General discussion and news for Infiniti's G or for full Forums check out MyG37.com or G35Driver.com

Can a g35c take a rsx-s ? plus i dont find g35c fats compared to my Z

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 01:41 PM
Tailspinz
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can a g35c take a rsx-s ? plus i dont find g35c fats compared to my Z

I have a auto g35coupe with borla exhaust my good freind has a 6sp rsx-s says it's fatser i killed him with my 350z 2 months ago .. can i still take him with a g35coupe i'll be honest with you guys... i only have 150 miles on my car just got it 4 days ago and added my exhaust same day.. but I really really don't feel tha tthe car is quick? i keep reading that it's alomosty as quick as the Z .. nooo way in helll My z was fassst.. i had borla exhaust and pop charger i havent added my pop charger on my g35c yet i am waiting for heat shield .. anyways let me know if anyone raced as rsx-s type and what outcome was.
Thanks.. ( i hope its not so quick becuase it brand new)
Old 02-16-2004, 02:09 PM
Mosi

We just got rid of our RSX-S for the G. If the RSX is pretty much stock, you should take him since all you have to do is hit the "go pedal". The RSX is pretty tricky to launch correctly unless he has plenty of practice at it. If he has I/E and a reflashed ECU, then you may be in trouble since it can put down a low 14 or better in the 1/4.
Old 02-16-2004, 05:22 PM
Tailspinz
Banned

Thanks ... I notice u have the g35x i am talking about the g35coupe
Old 02-16-2004, 05:44 PM
o snap its eric

tailspinz, im sorry but i have to break it to you. THis car is heavier and a biut slower than the Z. All your threads have been saying is bashong on the G and how it is way slower than you Z. Well DUH! The Z is a race car like car while the G is more refined. I mean if you compare motor to motor its 99% identical. And the G is 200lb heavier. except a your 1/4mi time a little slower but not as slow. I smoked a rsx-s by at least half a car.

I think its about time you realize you drive a more refined car with just about the same power as the Z but its more heavier. STOP complaining. There are so many people out there who would kill for a car what you have. I knew some Z owners who wants one but cant afford one.

Now lets enjoy this car and accept it for its weight and its slower 1/4 times.
Old 02-16-2004, 05:47 PM
o snap its eric

Also i would like to mention what feels fast is not really fast sometimes. Take for instance a 83 honda accord 5mt. ITs light as hell and feels fast but its actually slower than a 94 civic hatch back. When you ride in a hatchback it feels powerless and slow. When you ride in the accord it feels like its flying! Why because the accord is built really really light. But if they ever raced the hatchback will win everytime. I know because i tried.
Old 02-16-2004, 06:01 PM
ColdFusion

You should definitely be able to kill the rsx-s. My former TL Type S killed RSX Type S's pretty easily when i had it and i know for a fact that my g coupe now is alot faster. He'll probably keep up for a little but you'll surely win.

I also don't think that the Z is alot faster than the G. The Z only feels faster because it's smaller, its a 2 door sportier car, and its part of the lower bracket of nissan which means that you feel things like speed and such. The g35 coupe on the other hand is in the higher bracket of Nissan and so it was designed to be a little smoother feeling to accomodate people who want a luxury sport car. I mean there is always a difference in 'feeling' when comparing honda to acura or toyota to lexus or nissan to infiniti
Old 02-16-2004, 06:07 PM
D_Nyholm

Well, I ran a 14.0 stock if that means anything to you. I think you should be able to wipe him all over the pavement.
Old 02-16-2004, 06:15 PM
bhk1004

hmmmz.... I drive a 350z auto and I havent had any problems with any g35s.... no mods or anything... but im guessing a person that can drive a manual properly can hand a g35c all day and nite. I mean people buy cars for different reasons but truthfully I doubt people buy 350z's cause they cant afford a g35... its almost exactly the same price. just cause a bone stock one starts at 27 just means people want it so they can waste the money on mods. Anyways u should hand a stock rsx-s its axx all day and nite though so dont worry 2 much. if anything ull start 2 kill it as u get in higher speeds.
Old 02-16-2004, 07:45 PM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I completely resent the rational that most people buy Z's because it's more affordable and they wished they had a G.

That's total B.S. because the cars are marginally the same in price when comparing the right trims. Most of these Z drivers would have bought a G35c if they wanted it.

Two different styles for different folks. Should I say the G35c folks didn't go with the Fx45 because they couldn't afford it? I know that's a drastic comparison but it's as ridiculous as the Z over G35c theory.
Old 02-16-2004, 08:41 PM
Mosi

Don't under estimate an RSX because you could be watching tail lights if they are slightly modded.
go here for some 1/4 mile slips
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=47794
Old 02-16-2004, 09:21 PM
moog

Yeah RSXs w/ Hondata and bolt ons can run 13s easy.
Old 02-17-2004, 12:39 AM
NoExcuses

was your z an auto or stick? I still have not purchased either car yet. I'm still trying to decide on which one I really want. The speed has nothing to do with it. because the z is only marginally faster. Maybe it feels faster to you because of the differences in the suspension. Right now I'm kind of leaning towards the g35 simply because of the 2 extra seats (as small as they are). In a perfect world the g35 would not be so much heavier...I understand its got 2 more seats...but its even heavier than the g35 sedan (which isn't much heavier than the z).
Old 02-17-2004, 11:40 AM
o snap its eric

I didnt say all people who bought the Z couldnt afford the G. All im saying is that there are some people who wish they could have owned a G instead of the Z because of pricing. Yes pricing can be the same between the two cars dependoing on trim. But remeber im not saying everyone. Im just saying there are some people and that tailspinz should still be happy with the car he got. Personally if i had to, i might take a Z over a G but since i had to get a four seater i got the G instead. I dont really look back at my decidsion because there is always a pro and con part of a car. I like the pros of the G because i can fit a bit more people and it looks more elegant and refine for me in the long run. This car i can last a while without a racer image. The Z looks mean and agressive. 2 seater sports car. I love it!!!! But like i said, i had to get a 4 seater so yeah.... Its just my .02 agree with it or disagree... my .02 =)
Old 02-17-2004, 12:44 PM
delhi

camaro, firebird, mustang.... corvette. take your pick.
Old 02-17-2004, 02:47 PM
35oZephyR

Originally posted by o snap its eric
I didnt say all people who bought the Z couldnt afford the G. All im saying is that there are some people who wish they could have owned a G instead of the Z because of pricing. Yes pricing can be the same between the two cars dependoing on trim. But remeber im not saying everyone. Im just saying there are some people and that tailspinz should still be happy with the car he got. Personally if i had to, i might take a Z over a G but since i had to get a four seater i got the G instead. I dont really look back at my decidsion because there is always a pro and con part of a car. I like the pros of the G because i can fit a bit more people and it looks more elegant and refine for me in the long run. This car i can last a while without a racer image. The Z looks mean and agressive. 2 seater sports car. I love it!!!! But like i said, i had to get a 4 seater so yeah.... Its just my .02 agree with it or disagree... my .02 =)

I realized your point after I made my response but went ahead to post it anyway because of past comments. Just had to rant!

I originally had the response marker on you but erased your quote to make a general comment because I had to get it off my shoulder.
I have to admit somedays I wished I had a G35c to fit some folks in the back. In fact, I was set on the G35c well before the Z. I hated how the Z looked in comparison to it's predecessors but it totally grew on me. I realized how different both cars are. The G is definitely a comfortable everyday driver though. However, this is the only time in my life for a two seater and I always wanted a race focused sports car so I was like what the hell!

Sorry to poke at you bro.
Old 02-17-2004, 03:35 PM
Marc's R/T

I ran a manual RSX-S a few months ago. I have a 6-speed and we did a quick 1st-3rd gear run. No contest. Pulled him HARD in 2nd and up to 80 I had about three cars on him. For 200hp, the RSX-S does perform well though.
Old 02-18-2004, 05:09 AM
delhi

why even bother with an rsx? shouldn't g35/z owners a step higher than those? what happened if a dodge srt-4 comes along? they'll always be something better. just be glad with what you have. i get revs from all walks of automobiles. from crusty crx to mustangs. from decked out 'rollas to dodge Ram R/T! i just ignore all of 'em.
Old 02-18-2004, 08:14 PM
NzZ

Default Re: Can a g35c take a rsx-s ? plus i dont find g35c fats compared to my Z

Tailspinz,

The Z is def faster than the G, but it's hard to actually feel that difference. one thing I can say is the Z feels faster, b/c of how you sit, the sound of the motor, and the tuning of the suspension. I even prefer the 03 cars to the "softened" 04 cars, b/c their handling is definitely better. The turn in on the Z is just amazing - I can get that slip light to come on without any body roll. Every time I do it I'm left wondering, how'd they do that? ;-)
You should see the look on other driver's faces when I fling the Z around a corner at 40mph. Awesome.

The G just doesn't feel that way, at least not stock. The suspension is softer, and allows some body roll..which results in a less stable feel during cornering. As others have said before, the difference in these cars is not in numbers but in FEEL. I was all set to go G, but after driving it I was a little disappointed. I thought I was gonna come home with an M3 (although I hate the BMW driver image)...ended up liking the Z enough to settle on that. The $15k back in my pocket can be used for something else like...speeding tickets. :-)

Anyway, the G is still a dope car. Enjoy it, I guarantee you it's better than 99.999999% of the other cars out there.
NzZ
Old 02-18-2004, 09:33 PM
n10zt

Default off topic

i just ignore all of 'em.
..something I need to and been trying to learn to keep myself out of trouble.
Old 02-18-2004, 11:10 PM
35oZephyR

Default Re: off topic

Originally posted by n10zt
..something I need to and been trying to learn to keep myself out of trouble.
Get some good limo tint on your side windows and that's a good start there.

Then go rent Back to the Future III and watch the last part where Marty Mcfly is about to race his pick-up but decides not to and barely misses getting T-boned by a Rolls Royce.

Quick Reply: Can a g35c take a rsx-s ? plus i dont find g35c fats compared to my Z