Notices
G35/G37 General discussion and news for Infiniti's G or for full Forums check out MyG37.com or G35Driver.com

SERVICE ENGINE SOON after exhaust and cats installed? HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2004, 08:21 AM
ZsBiggerBrother

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SERVICE ENGINE SOON after exhaust and cats installed? HELP!

Hi,

This weekend I installed (with my good friend Steve --SteveAreno on G35Driver) my Injen SES exhaust and Kinetix Hi-Flo cats. No sooner did I get on the freeway did the Service Engine Soon light come on in the dash and on my NAV. Now, I did reinstall the sensors from the old cats to the new and tightened everything down, do you think the cars ECU detects MORE air flow and thinks the stock cats are malfunctioning? I need help on how to fix this. I tried resetting the ECU with the "remove the negative on the battery" option, but that was a no go. HELP! I want that damn light OFF.

Oh, I also did the 12 hours +/- disconnect and 30 miles into the reset, the light came back on. If you don't want to post here, email me. randys_g@comcast.net

Here: ZsBiggerBrother...G35Driver: Randys_G
Old 06-02-2004, 01:49 PM
Donald0730

Drive it for a little bit longer. It should go away by itself. Maybe ur O2 sensors got damaged or something.
Old 06-03-2004, 05:21 PM
InfinitiTech

Default Re: SERVICE ENGINE SOON after exhaust and cats installed? HELP!

Originally posted by ZsBiggerBrother
Hi,

This weekend I installed (with my good friend Steve --SteveAreno on G35Driver) my Injen SES exhaust and Kinetix Hi-Flo cats. No sooner did I get on the freeway did the Service Engine Soon light come on in the dash and on my NAV. Now, I did reinstall the sensors from the old cats to the new and tightened everything down, do you think the cars ECU detects MORE air flow and thinks the stock cats are malfunctioning? I need help on how to fix this. I tried resetting the ECU with the "remove the negative on the battery" option, but that was a no go. HELP! I want that damn light OFF.

Oh, I also did the 12 hours +/- disconnect and 30 miles into the reset, the light came back on. If you don't want to post here, email me. randys_g@comcast.net

Here: ZsBiggerBrother...G35Driver: Randys_G
Exhaust upgrades should not cause a DTC(diagnostic trouble code). As suggested above, an o2 could have possibly been damaged during the install. They are somewhat fragile and any drop or other rough handling could damage it.

If the light persists, you may want to pull the code and see what it is.