Notices
G35/G37 General discussion and news for Infiniti's G or for full Forums check out MyG37.com or G35Driver.com

Dc Sports Headers !

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2004, 04:04 PM
neffster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Road Warrior
can you find a better set of headers for 360 shipped

they are certainly better than stock....guaranteed
What's this guarantee? How can you offer a guarantee if you are not the manufacturer? I will certainly respect your opinion, but a guarantee is more than an uneducated opinion. It is a declaration of fact backed by something, usually financial in nature, either a refund, or compensation of some kind. Again, what type of guarantee do you offer other than speculation? Do you have before/after dyno runs? Do you have flow bench data performed on the stock and DC header with the complete stock exhaust after the header in place? Do you offer a major computer simulation of turbulent flow going through the 2 headers and subsequent following exhaust paths?

Yeah, didn't think so...

by the way, the crawfords are welded too...i suppose they are crap also

crawfords
Well you won't see me buying them. Yeah, let's lift the engine off of the mounts so that we can fit these really long headers in there. Yeah, $1300 isn't bad for maybe 10 rwhp. No I don't mind paying you another $500-$700 to do the install and YES I've done my research into headers already. They are really good mods for some cars, but haven't really proven to gain anything measurable for the G35 for any reasonable amount of money.

I have not heard of one objective (independent) person doing a before and after dyno on the DC Headers. I have heard of results from Crawford and Borla, and the Crawford didn't sound too bad, but not worth the money IMO.

Did anyone ever call Jason at Performance Nissan to get the scoop? I didn't think so, it would be too easy of a thing to do and it would have already ended this conversation.
Old 07-19-2004, 05:00 PM
350xfire

Originally posted by neffster
What's this guarantee? How can you offer a guarantee if you are not the manufacturer? I will certainly respect your opinion, but a guarantee is more than an uneducated opinion. It is a declaration of fact backed by something, usually financial in nature, either a refund, or compensation of some kind. Again, what type of guarantee do you offer other than speculation? Do you have before/after dyno runs? Do you have flow bench data performed on the stock and DC header with the complete stock exhaust after the header in place? Do you offer a major computer simulation of turbulent flow going through the 2 headers and subsequent following exhaust paths?

Yeah, didn't think so...

Well you won't see me buying them. Yeah, let's lift the engine off of the mounts so that we can fit these really long headers in there. Yeah, $1300 isn't bad for maybe 10 rwhp. No I don't mind paying you another $500-$700 to do the install and YES I've done my research into headers already. They are really good mods for some cars, but haven't really proven to gain anything measurable for the G35 for any reasonable amount of money.

I have not heard of one objective (independent) person doing a before and after dyno on the DC Headers. I have heard of results from Crawford and Borla, and the Crawford didn't sound too bad, but not worth the money IMO.

Did anyone ever call Jason at Performance Nissan to get the scoop? I didn't think so, it would be too easy of a thing to do and it would have already ended this conversation.
Damn! Settle down people. Buy what you want and leave the rest alone. What's the point of all this BS?
Old 07-19-2004, 05:41 PM
Road Warrior

Originally posted by neffster

Yeah, didn't think so...

if you have already done your research than argueing with you is a moot point and you can make your own phone calls

now, it may not be worth the money for you....but for me, 360 bucks shipped for stainless steel equal length headers that i know are better than stock suits me....and thats all that matters
Old 07-19-2004, 07:33 PM
myGspot

if you have already done your research than argueing with you is a moot point and you can make your own phone calls

now, it may not be worth the money for you....but for me, 360 bucks shipped for stainless steel equal length headers that i know are better than stock suits me....and thats all that matters
how do yo uknow that these headers are better then stock.

There is no DYNO... there is no real comparison. there is nothing. Just cause they are header dont make them better.

Show me numbers.... what is the diameter of the pipes on both stock and DC... what are the openings... are they matched to the exhaust ports or not.
Old 07-19-2004, 07:34 PM
Loren04G35

Has anyone read the new September issue of Turbo magazine? They have an article with a dyno test on the DC Sports headers. They made 4 hp peak on an otherwise stock Z, but more power EVERYWHERE! They made up to 12 lb-ft more torque in the midrange and significant more low end torque. Too bad they didn't test them on a car with highflow cats or smooth tubes and an exhaust. They didn't seem to think they were "crap" either.

September Turbo Magazine table of contents

BTW, if you don't want to buy them because they are cheap, I paid less than $160 for the first pair of cheaply made Mac unequal length 1 5/8" shorties I bought for a Mustang. The high quality JBA equal length replacements (CNCed 1-piece flange and 1-piece tubes) were a whole $219. For less than $1000 I can buy a set of top quality Bassani step long-tube stainless steel equal-length headers and a stainless steel X-pipe with hi-flow cats for a Mustang with 8 cylinders. How can anyone justify $1300 just for a set of shorty tube headers for a V6?

Last edited by Loren04G35; 07-19-2004 at 07:42 PM.
Old 07-19-2004, 07:54 PM
Road Warrior

Originally posted by myGspot
how do yo uknow that these headers are better then stock.

There is no DYNO... there is no real comparison. there is nothing. Just cause they are header dont make them better.

Show me numbers.... what is the diameter of the pipes on both stock and DC... what are the openings... are they matched to the exhaust ports or not.
nothing is good enough for you....even if one were to do an independent dyno you would scrutinize that too....wtf....take a look at the stockers....nuff said

turbo magazine....there you go....someone did the research for you

loren04g35,
i wasn't even considering this mod because i really don't think the gains are worth it either...but in this case, i think 360 is reasonable....and i can do the install myself so i am not paying anymore than that...its just my time and i enjoy doing it
Old 07-19-2004, 08:03 PM
myGspot

nothing is good enough for you....even if one were to do an independent dyno you would scrutinize that too....wtf....take a look at the stockers....nuff said

turbo magazine....there you go....someone did the research for you

loren04g35,
i wasn't even considering this mod because i really don't think the gains are worth it either...but in this case, i think 360 is reasonable....and i can do the install myself so i am not paying anymore than that...its just my time and i enjoy doing it
the thing is ... just because somethig comes out doesnt mean its always going to be good.

To me... if i was going to spend money on mods i would want to see some sort of gains from them. I wouldnt spend money on something that would give me no increase in HP... cause thats not money well spent.

The increase on a dyno of +4HP... is not great from what was stated. Such increase on a dyno could be attributed between a 1st run and 4th run. When the car is still somewhat cool VS hot.

I like to do research and see the proof before i buy something. Better yet see it for myself. Its me being **** especially when it comes to my car and the money i spend on it. I'm a perfectionist so i would like everything to be of highest value. nothing wrong with that.
Old 07-19-2004, 08:29 PM
Road Warrior

Originally posted by myGspot
I like to do research and see the proof. I'm a perfectionist so i would like everything to be of highest value. nothing wrong with that.
for sure, i am the same way with stuff so i know how you feel....rw....peace out
Old 07-19-2004, 09:40 PM
esemes

guys..

i see both sides here....

keep in mind, we swim in a sea of useless hype and unproven claims.....

i will NOT goto these (or any) headers anytime soon, as the reported gains dont reflect how it'd be on a non stock exhaust system (the ctas and Y-back will make a BIG change on the flow aft. the headers, and could upset it greatly)..

were they designed to make power with low BP exhaust, or oem zaust?? dunno....

I th9ink crawford are the best looking, and show gains (and i trust doug and his craft), and i dont mind any install issues either, but im just not convinced that on my specific app. these (or any) headers will actually net a positive gain (with or without mapping)....

they are on my list, but way, way down now (last month i woulda sed different, but i am a bit jaded now).....

EACH experience can/will vary on these this mod.... use discretion, IMO
Old 07-20-2004, 08:45 PM
Loren04G35

Everyone needs to keep one thing in mind, the most restrictive part of our exhaust system is the cats. 10 rwhp is a common gain from swapping to hi-flows or smooth tubes. the stock bunched up quad cats flow less than the stock monifolds do. This is the first mod that should be made. It doesn't do much good to open up the front end if it is going to just get packed up immediately afterwards. Hence why I commented that the real test will be with hi-flow cats or smooth tubes and an exhaust. In that case you could see 10+ rwhp from a set of headers. As one last not to think about, how much does everyone think it costs to make a set of headers? ie...how much are they making off of you for buying them?