Notices
G35/G37 General discussion and news for Infiniti's G or for full Forums check out MyG37.com or G35Driver.com

New INGS+1 body kit info

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2004, 05:42 PM
bulletproofBen
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just sold out of them last week. We have quite a few more sets on order right now. If you can find the link about hybrid aero, please let me know. I'd like to see it.
Old 09-09-2004, 06:41 PM
thebigsadler

Where you get off saying you never could "see" the problem is beyond me. You need to understand that fiberglass is real easy to have warp, especially the 1st or 2nd kit. And the fact that you don't take responsibility is really hard for me to swallow. You have offered a couple hundred bucks off some stuff in your store and some other generous things; but you have not offered to simply take care of the cost that I should not have had to incur.

These are pictures of my kit fitted to the car. The front lip is very easy to see that it needed a TON of work to flow with the body lines of the car and to fit properly with no gaps (the front lip was warped, plain and simple). The sideskirt you can see sits out quite a ways from the body and has gap issues as well. I wasn't able to get the body shop when the rear was being fitted to show the gaps, all I can show is the 1/8" and 1/4" body filler that had to be used to get rid of gaps.

Yeah, this isn't the hardest stuff to fix, and yeah some fit work is to be expected with fiberglass.. but not throughout the entire kit.

I just lay a warning out there to anyone who is really ridiculously picky how their brand new $40,000.00 car looks. There should be no "guarranty" on fitament, because there is no assistance when the guarranty is brought to question.

jason sadler
Old 09-09-2004, 06:49 PM
350Zforums
Banned

Jason. As I have apologized before, your problems were isolated to only your kit and no one else had them. If we were given the chance to take it back and give you a fresh one this could have been avoided all together. Our policy states on our site once a kit is modified from its original state we cannot take it back, nor was the maker willing to compensate you because all the other kits fit. Your pictures only show one side of it we have no idea how they were put up there for the picture to be taken so it is not fair for us to make a judgement call 1500 miles from the parts. I know you say yours is different but really how can that be when they are all made at the same time?

Your car looks great and you saved a lot of money not going with a real 2700.00 +shipping+paint+install kit. I wish there was something I can do other than what has been offered to you but i am afraid a full refund on a kit you are driving around on is not one of those options.
Old 09-09-2004, 06:59 PM
thebigsadler

Originally posted by 350Zforums
Jason. As I have apologized before, your problems were isolated to only your kit and no one else had them. If we were given the chance to take it back and give you a fresh one this could have been avoided all together. Our policy states on our site once a kit is modified from its original state we cannot take it back, nor was the maker willing to compensate you because all the other kits fit. Your pictures only show one side of it we have no idea how they were put up there for the picture to be taken so it is not fair for us to make a judgement call 1500 miles from the parts. I know you say yours is different but really how can that be when they are all made at the same time?

Your car looks great and you saved a lot of money not going with a real 2700.00 +shipping+paint+install kit. I wish there was something I can do other than what has been offered to you but i am afraid a full refund on a kit you are driving around on is not one of those options.
This could go on for hours.. what you think, what i think, what he thinks, what she thinks.... It's all speculation because I am not near you and I can not "prove" what I show in pictures. I am just simply trying to warn everyone of what could possibly come to their doorstep.

You should know better than anyone else, that #1 this project took a ton longer than anticipated and to have to send a kit back and wait for another could have taken forever, #2 it takes a good amount of time to get a kit fitted perfectly to a car and to take it all off and try again is a huge step back and waste of time and money and lastly #3 there are problems with molds and with parts made from molds; there are always the few that come out wrong, especially with sprayed pieces.

I told you what I thought was fair, paying me back what your cost was on the kit. I thought that would be fair, you obviously made enough money on the last deal to do another and you will make more money so I don't see how this is a hard decision. When it comes down to it, it's your decision to make, it's your business and it's your reputation to uphold.
Old 09-09-2004, 07:24 PM
350Zforums
Banned

WE took a week longer than we said so that is abusrd to say it went to long. 10 people jason have posted postive fitments and cheap installs.

My apologies as always and I respect you as a person very much.

My reputation for delivering this kit the best we could is intact. You are right on mayn issues that FG is not the easiest to work with, etc.

If all 11 kits had bombed I would be singing a different song but no one else had this experience. I wish yours would have been better because I really like dealing with you.
Old 09-09-2004, 08:32 PM
G352NV

Hmm I think Ill hold off.
Old 09-09-2004, 08:36 PM
G352NV

I found it!
"First of all, Hybrid Aero is not Urethane. It's just some very flexible fiberglass material. It's soft enough to absorb minor collision and very light compare to urethane. But the only thing I hate hybrid aero is they are too soft to keep their shape. Adn that's the reason I won't buy hybrid aero again"
http://g35driver.com/forums/showflat...sed&sb=5&part=
Old 09-09-2004, 10:08 PM
RaySur350GT

I Think 350zforums did an excellent job getting this together and providing us something we wanted at an affordable price. I'm a patient person so waiting a couple weeks was fine by me because I'm getting a pretty good deal in the end.
The kit was delivered to my house by the Edward who is general manager for the company that makes the kit. He came to my house, had a couple drinks and shoot the **** about how long he has been in the business.
My kit fit very well, with only a noticable gap on the sides of the rear bumper. Everything else fit perfectly and the shop had no problems installing it. My shop prepped it, painted, sealed, and installed for $400 for me. I think got a deal from the shop because I was a nice guy and promised them business in the future if they did a good job.
All in all, I got a good kit at a great price compared to the original. I'm happy and I get tons of stares on the road...
Old 09-10-2004, 08:28 AM
NismoV35

my friend has the real Ings bodykit and the fitment was almost as bad as the replica. The side skirts doesn't sit flush with the body and the front lip as you try to fit it over the bumper it becomes a little warped since the Hybrid Aero was so soft.
I also found a couple people on G35drivers.com that has the real Ings kit that purchased from Bulletproof like Mark. His kit also had a bad fitment on the side skirts and the Ings Fenders. Being in the industry for almost 15 years you learn a thing or two, it is very rare to see aftermarket kits that fit "perfectly" with the exception of OEM optional aero kits. So don't be so hard on David because this is really unavoidable when the original doesn't even fit perfect.
FYI, 2 shops that was selling the INGS +1 replica has been slapped with a copyright infridgement lawsuit and has pulled out from selling these replicas. And I heard the fine is in the 100g+ range. so hey people, give the inovators at INGS some credit and go with the real thing, if you don't have the money just go with alternatives like the Veilside kits.

thanks for you time.
Old 09-10-2004, 08:32 AM
shimz350z

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE INGS SIDE FENDERS FOR THE Z?...it was similar to the G's (the little hole) WAS that a PHOTO SHOP? does anyone remember the thread?
Old 09-10-2004, 10:27 AM
bulletproofBen
Banned

Thank you for all of your support.

With regards to the authentic Ings fitment issues, this is news to me. We've been selling Ings for quite some time and I've never once heard of a fitment problem directly from our customers.

I kindly request that any customer who has had a problem with an authentic Ings+1 part contact me direclty. I have nothing to hide, nor does Ings so I welcome the contact in public or in private, whichever the customer feels is best.

We will need to evaluate the problem and report it to Ings+1 Japan for review. Because this is news to us, its important that we evaluate it quickly because fitment and quality is extremely important to Ings. We will do our absolute best to rectify any problem that is indeed out there.

It is just odd that no customer has ever contact us directly about such an issue...
Old 09-10-2004, 10:28 AM
bulletproofBen
Banned

Ings aero fenders for the Z are in production and on order. We'll be stocking them in limited quantities in the US. The design is essentially the same as the Skyline Coupe (G35C) aero fenders.
Old 09-10-2004, 10:29 AM
topsecret2001
Sponsor
Bulletproof Automotive

They're a new item.....BTW, notice how well everything fits....
Old 09-12-2004, 08:10 AM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thread closed per thread author.