Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Kinetix V5 plenum cracked.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 04:59 AM
SungNamZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cbr, try calling. I know, you got the "message" saying leave a message. They spend more time in the shop than the office. Call several times back to back and hang up before you get to the recording. You will eventually get their attention and they will answer the phone.
Old 03-22-2005, 09:09 AM
lsdunique

Sorry to hear about your problems.

To clarify, we only have a V4 plenum, there has been no V5 plenum.

True, we do not have a 0% defective rate, but we are getting closer.

There are probably close to 400 V4 plenums in circulation , and the small handful of problems generally happen when installing the first time.

We have had a few people have problems with the tabs that the engine cover mount to, and have had about 3 people with the same problem described in this thread about the throttle body insert.

We dont point fingers (overtightening), because it could have just as easily been a manufacturing defect. Besides, what does it matter whos fault it is, as we will obviously replace the plenum no problem.

CBR, I hope you emailed me at jamisonl@msn.com , if not, please do and I will give you a quick response.

Thanks
Old 03-22-2005, 09:29 AM
Cbr

I was told by the shop i purchased the plenum from that it was a V5, sorry for the mix up

lsdunique - I will e-mail you
Old 03-22-2005, 09:29 AM
Vash350Z

I had a V3, it cracked, they promptly sent me a V4, ive had it for about 9 months without a single issue!
Old 03-22-2005, 05:15 PM
zachcrosen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lsdunique
Sorry to hear about your problems.

To clarify, we only have a V4 plenum, there has been no V5 plenum.

True, we do not have a 0% defective rate, but we are getting closer.

There are probably close to 400 V4 plenums in circulation , and the small handful of problems generally happen when installing the first time.

We have had a few people have problems with the tabs that the engine cover mount to, and have had about 3 people with the same problem described in this thread about the throttle body insert.

We dont point fingers (overtightening), because it could have just as easily been a manufacturing defect. Besides, what does it matter whos fault it is, as we will obviously replace the plenum no problem.

CBR, I hope you emailed me at jamisonl@msn.com , if not, please do and I will give you a quick response.

Thanks
Hey Robert. Havent seen you here in a while. This has been asked many many times before, but, do you have any updates on your aluminum 1 piece plenum? I am currently buying parts for my Vortech install and would love to buy a better plenum while I have the cash. Others also probably would like an update!!

Zach
Old 03-22-2005, 05:18 PM
lsdunique

hey Zach, hope everything has been good for you.

I monitor the board, just cant post as much because we have been so busy.

I guess I can sneek a little update on this thread and see if word gets out.

We are VERY close to release of our complete intake manifold (upper and lower plenum)

We have gotten great results back from testing so far with a car running the vortech supercharger.

We actually will be posting some pics/news hopefully this week when we get a better idea of timing in terms of release date.

look for a post later this week, and you wont be dissapointed.
Old 03-22-2005, 05:30 PM
EdgeOfSanity

i have the v4 plenum and i havent had any problems with it. I havent had to retorque any bolts and in 3 months i've had no cracks. The only problem i did have was with the cooling block not being sent with the plenum. After contacting kinetix it arrived within a day or so. The plenum even survived me snapping the heads off two bolts from over torquing.
Old 03-22-2005, 05:44 PM
zachcrosen

Robert, if the numbers look good and the price is right I would jump on the plenum. Has the design changed from the previous pix? I cant wait to see and hear the updates!!!

Zach
Old 03-22-2005, 06:05 PM
350zdanny

If the new Kinetix combo plenum actually fits right the first time, put me on line to get one. I also liked that FI plenum you guys were working on. What ever happend to that?
Old 03-22-2005, 06:15 PM
zachcrosen

Originally Posted by 350zdanny
If the new Kinetix combo plenum actually fits right the first time, put me on line to get one. I also liked that FI plenum you guys were working on. What ever happend to that?
That is the plenum that we are talking about! I dont understand what you mean about fitting right the first time. I had no problems installing my V4 the first time.
Old 03-22-2005, 06:18 PM
350zdanny

I had alot of problems with my Kinetix cats. There's definitely less tolerance for error when it comes to building a plenum so I definitely hope the workmanship is better, but overall I can't argue with the performance of any Kinetix parts I've owned.
Old 03-22-2005, 06:20 PM
DIE DIE

v4 has been good to me only had it on for a month or so tho Do you all get that little hum while accelerating?? not big deal..just wondering
Old 03-23-2005, 02:02 AM
abstrakt

Originally Posted by DIE DIE
v4 has been good to me only had it on for a month or so tho Do you all get that little hum while accelerating?? not big deal..just wondering
mine is more like the sound of air blowing when i accelerate...but i can only hear it at low RPMs b/c then the injen takes over
Old 03-23-2005, 06:59 AM
xephiron

Originally Posted by abstrakt
mine is more like the sound of air blowing when i accelerate...but i can only hear it at low RPMs b/c then the injen takes over
Hehe, I wanna hear one of these Injen exhausts some day... I have read so many posts, but is it really that loud?

I was about to order the Kinetix V4 maybe tomorrow (birthday money ) heh but now maybe I should wait for a complete intake manifold, I know 350EVO is also designing one and I am assuming it may be better than buying a V4 upper with a 35th anniversary lower ... which was my original plan. I guess price is gonna really play hard on that too. 35th anniversary lower is only like $220 and v4 $340 'ish.
Old 03-23-2005, 07:05 AM
captj3

xephiron
Or you could buy mine for $300 shipped
Old 03-23-2005, 07:11 AM
SungNamZ

Originally Posted by xephiron
Hehe, I wanna hear one of these Injen exhausts some day... I have read so many posts, but is it really that loud?

I was about to order the Kinetix V4 maybe tomorrow (birthday money ) heh but now maybe I should wait for a complete intake manifold, I know 350EVO is also designing one and I am assuming it may be better than buying a V4 upper with a 35th anniversary lower ... which was my original plan. I guess price is gonna really play hard on that too. 35th anniversary lower is only like $220 and v4 $340 'ish.
You might want to wait to see what lsdunique (Robert) at Kinetix announces
Old 03-23-2005, 08:33 AM
xephiron

Originally Posted by captj3
xephiron
Or you could buy mine for $300 shipped
Just curious, why selling your Kinetix V4?
Old 03-23-2005, 08:44 AM
zachcrosen

Originally Posted by SungNamZ
You might want to wait to see what lsdunique (Robert) at Kinetix announces
I agree.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:35 AM
abstrakt

Originally Posted by xephiron
No its not that loud, at least mine isn't...they all sound different depending on what other mods you have. mine has a deep tone to it...it's combined w/RT Cats
Old 03-24-2005, 03:03 PM
slaponte

I think (or heard) captj3 went FI (TTs).... Most people don't want to risk the V4 on an FI (again, TTs) application.

I just bought one because I think it will be fine with a mild SC application.

So now : Kinetix camber arms front and back, kinetix plenum and HF cats!

Quick Reply: Kinetix V5 plenum cracked.....