Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Installed Motordyne 1/2" Plenum Spacer with OEM strut bar retained (pics included)

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 02:04 PM
Hattori Hanzo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm not feelin this at all, it'll make your car look stupid with the hood proped up like that, looks like you forgot to close your hood or something.....this thread is gay.
Old 04-22-2005, 02:13 PM
nismo33
BoNe SToCK BaSe

Originally Posted by Hattori Hanzo
i'm not feelin this at all, it'll make your car look stupid with the hood proped up like that, looks like you forgot to close your hood or something.....this thread is gay.
that's fine you are entitled to your opinoin. If you don't like it that's cool. now was the last part really neccesary. i suppose a bit of fellow Z courtesy is not too much to ask for. I think just saying that your not feelin it would be enough. oh well.

BTW welcome to the forum
Old 04-22-2005, 02:34 PM
Hattori Hanzo

Originally Posted by nismo33
that's fine you are entitled to your opinoin. If you don't like it that's cool. now was the last part really neccesary. i suppose a bit of fellow Z courtesy is not too much to ask for. I think just saying that your not feelin it would be enough. oh well.

BTW welcome to the forum

I was a little harsh on that last comment, I apologize for that man, I don't know you nor do I have any issues at all. I'm just a newbie having a bad day and I shouldn't have taken it out on you and your thread, my fault.

As for the idea, I'm still not with that because of the faulty weather us Chi people get, and I fear that the salt and snow would enter the engine bay. You're in socal so I'm sure you don't worry about weather much out there, but what about us midwesterners.
Old 04-22-2005, 02:52 PM
nismo33
BoNe SToCK BaSe

I was a little harsh on that last comment, I apologize for that man, I don't know you nor do I have any issues at all. I'm just a newbie having a bad day and I shouldn't have taken it out on you and your thread, my fault.

As for the idea, I'm still not with that because of the faulty weather us Chi people get, and I fear that the salt and snow would enter the engine bay. You're in socal so I'm sure you don't worry about weather much out there, but what about us midwesterners.

no worries...in terms of plenum spacer then you can go with a 1/4" plenum with no clearance issue. i believe you can go as high as 3/8" plenum spacer with some adjusting. i think a few member were able to do this. with those plenum spacer should achieve a stealth look and retain the OEM look.

Virg
Old 04-22-2005, 02:54 PM
Hattori Hanzo

will that hurt the flow of the air if I were to go with a 3/8" set up?
Old 04-22-2005, 03:01 PM
nismo33
BoNe SToCK BaSe

will that hurt the flow of the air if I were to go with a 3/8" set up?
from what i understand there's not much difference between the smallest plenum 1/4" to the middle sized plenum 3/8". i can't personally tell you performance or which one is better. but i know you can't go wrong, you will feel a difference in acceleration.
Old 04-22-2005, 03:14 PM
Hattori Hanzo

hmmm, yea I knwo the bizz, I like the sound of that, I'm down for more accel. But the look is my concern though, even the smallest setting will show that crack won't it?
Old 04-22-2005, 03:21 PM
nismo33
BoNe SToCK BaSe

hmmm, yea I knwo the bizz, I like the sound of that, I'm down for more accel. But the look is my concern though, even the smallest setting will show that crack won't it?
if you mean the spacer will show not at all check this picture the spacer is the bright line between the upper and lower plenum. after time the color will match . hydrazine already had it the same texture as the plenums.

hope that helps
Old 04-22-2005, 03:32 PM
Hattori Hanzo

interesting to say the least. good find. sorry for the comments earlier, I may consider this project down the road, right now I'm stocker then stock although I have the track model, nissan threw some nice stuff on it to begin with...don't know.
Old 04-22-2005, 03:37 PM
nismo33
BoNe SToCK BaSe

interesting to say the least. good find. sorry for the comments earlier, I may consider this project down the road, right now I'm stocker then stock although I have the track model, nissan threw some nice stuff on it to begin with...don't know.
it's cool all i can say choose your mods wisely cause it can be disheartning to spend a lot of money and not feel or see any gains. going N/A is so expensive and have minimal gains. F/I is the way to go, and maybe down the line i'm there.
Old 04-22-2005, 03:40 PM
Hattori Hanzo

your sig says bone stock, but I highly doubt that man, what other mods you got? Maybe I'll follow your lead. Thing is I searched for exhausts and a whole buttload of products showed up, how do I know which one is best, there are sooooo many options out there.
Old 04-22-2005, 03:50 PM
nismo33
BoNe SToCK BaSe

your sig says bone stock, but I highly doubt that man, what other mods you got? Maybe I'll follow your lead. Thing is I searched for exhausts and a whole buttload of products showed up, how do I know which one is best, there are sooooo many options out there.
current set up:
greddy evoII exhaust
JWT intake
helix test pipes
1/2" plenum spacer

contemplating:
crank pulley

pipe dream:
twin turbo
Old 04-22-2005, 04:55 PM
copba1t

This looks like a pretty cool idea for the track. I think it would be awesome if the brackets could somehow be designed to easily convert from normal closed position to the new slightly higher position, just with a simple adjustment of the brackets. Maybe some sort of a notched joint or similar...?
Old 04-23-2005, 10:23 AM
MySunset350Z

in the pic you posted, is that the 1/4 in spacer or the 1/2 with the hood spacer?
Old 04-24-2005, 02:12 AM
Z350Lover

Sorry.. a bit off the topic here...

nismo33:

Why would you choose the spacer instead of the full replacement? I am currently looking into the plenum/spacer right now and don't really know which one should I go for... also heard that the spacer will probably cause the air leakage, is that so?!

cheers and thanks!

richie
Old 04-24-2005, 05:32 AM
ZON

Dang, just get the strut bar that will work! Your hood is getto now.
Old 04-24-2005, 08:57 AM
350Zenophile

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by copba1t
This looks like a pretty cool idea for the track. I think it would be awesome if the brackets could somehow be designed to easily convert from normal closed position to the new slightly higher position, just with a simple adjustment of the brackets. Maybe some sort of a notched joint or similar...?
Now that would be sweet...some sort of ratcheting mechanism or something you could do with some basic hand tools.

I would think it'd get to be a pain in the **** to deal with latch alignment if you wanted to just put 'em on at track events and take 'em off afterwards. Also seems like a two man job. Do you have to remove the entire hood first or can you do one side at a time?
Old 04-24-2005, 11:52 AM
owali1

I think I am on the same page as z350lover, why not just get a whole new aftermarket plenum? Which one has the most gains?
Old 04-24-2005, 10:29 PM
NourZ

Originally Posted by owali1
I think I am on the same page as z350lover, why not just get a whole new aftermarket plenum? Which one has the most gains?
you'll pay double the price and get the same gains.. I just paid for the 1/4" spacer $150 compared to $350 for a complete plenum. as far as the kenetix, it'll need to prove it self first and get cheaper second.
Old 04-25-2005, 06:55 AM
TheBigShow

don't listen to these homos; your hood looks pretty cool, i think. i couldn't do that though (non-garage kept, daily driver).

Quick Reply: Installed Motordyne 1/2" Plenum Spacer with OEM strut bar retained (pics included)