Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

APEXi N1 cat-back exhaust install *PICS*... *Video to come*

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 02:56 PM
Blurr350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default APEXi N1 cat-back exhaust install *PICS*... *Video to come*

Installed the APEXi N1 exhaust. Very satisfied. The install was about 2.5 hours, and the hardest part was removing the stock exhaust system. The apexi bolted on very easily, and fits even better then the stock system IMO. The silencers it comes with makes the car sound really rice. But when they are out, it sounds close to stock, but the tone is a lot deeper. I fell in love with it, I grinned ear to ear for a week. The mid-pipe really impressed me, the diameter was huge, didn't take the time to measure it, but it is larger than stock.

I'm working on getting a video up of revving, drive-bys, in-car clips, etc. For now, just enjoy the pics. Any questions about it, post it on the thread, or PM me. I highly recommend this exhaust, top quality. Thanks APEXi.
Attached Thumbnails APEXi N1 cat-back exhaust install  *PICS*... *Video to come*-exhaust-002.jpg   APEXi N1 cat-back exhaust install  *PICS*... *Video to come*-exhaust-008.jpg   APEXi N1 cat-back exhaust install  *PICS*... *Video to come*-exhaust-016.jpg   APEXi N1 cat-back exhaust install  *PICS*... *Video to come*-exhaust-003.jpg   APEXi N1 cat-back exhaust install  *PICS*... *Video to come*-exhaust-010.jpg  

Old 07-03-2005, 03:03 PM
Blurr350z

More pics
Attached Thumbnails APEXi N1 cat-back exhaust install  *PICS*... *Video to come*-exhaust-005.jpg   APEXi N1 cat-back exhaust install  *PICS*... *Video to come*-exhaust-006.jpg   APEXi N1 cat-back exhaust install  *PICS*... *Video to come*-exhaust-007.jpg   APEXi N1 cat-back exhaust install  *PICS*... *Video to come*-exhaust-013.jpg   APEXi N1 cat-back exhaust install  *PICS*... *Video to come*-exhaust-017.jpg  

Old 07-03-2005, 10:42 PM
Roggan

Looking very nice!

Im in the process of getting a new exhaust as well and the N1 is one of my top 3 options!

Does it sound like this?? (I think this is the N1 but not 100% sure):
http://crawfordz.com/videos/ExhaustVideo.wmv

The sound in that video is amazing, especially in front of the car (i think he has an open air filter as well).

Please post some videos/sound samples, it would really help in my decision for which exhaust to go with! If possible record some in-car sound as well!

Thanks
/Roger
Old 07-04-2005, 07:11 AM
lowrider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm assuming at some time you'll get rid of that stock "Y" Pipe and cats? Those three pieces are really where all the restriction is.

Lou
Old 07-05-2005, 08:10 AM
05 NISMO

Is it loud? also are you planning to get test pipe... very interested in checking out some video clips.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:11 PM
asugradinwa

Is the N1 a cat Back? What mods if any are needed to put this sucker on a stock Z? I'm really interetested in it but want to make sure it isn't just a muffler.

Thanks!
Old 07-05-2005, 03:26 PM
Blurr350z

Roggan: My car sounds very very similar to that video. I think the guy in the video has other exhaust mods that made it even louder, but the tone in the video is identical to the tone my Z puts out. Like the title says, video is to come, I'm waiting on my girlfriend's digital video cam to get some clips. I also will need help posting the video somehow, but I will deal with that once the cam is available.

lowrider: I'm looking around for a new y-pipe, most likely going to get the JIC. That thing is almost perfectly straight, looks too be very un-restrictive. Also I've seen pics of the UR y-pipe, and that looks to be one of the best, but I can't find a price on it. Info is appreciated.

05 Nismo: Is it loud... hmmm... It is def. louder than stock, but it isn't loud enough to ever get in trouble with cops. That video of the red Z with the Apexi is very very similar to what mine sounds like. I am so glad I got this exhaust, the looks are awesome, and the sound is perfect. The butt dyno def. senses some hp in the high r's too. The only thing that sucks is I rev my engine alot more now, to ricers or mustangs or whatever, and now I'm getting poorer gas mileage lol.

asugradinwa: The N1 replaces the stock mid-pipe and rear muffler. So it only consists of two major pieces, the long mid-pipe and the smaller muffler piece. Factory headers, cats, and y-pipe don't come off, unless you plan to replace them. My advice is buy a high flow y-pipe to install with the rest of the system. The Apexi system is only around 600 bucks, so drop another 300 on y-pipe and thats about the average price for a Z exhaust system.

** Video is to come, and the y-pipe is still in the decision process. If you are considering buying this system, do yourself a favor and buy it. With headers, HFCs or test pipes, and y-pipe this thing will sound even more mean.
Old 03-23-2006, 05:39 AM
jj350z

Is it raspy at all without the resonator? or does the Mid-pipe included have one built in?
Old 03-26-2006, 03:18 PM
Blurr350z

no resonator.... not raspy at all. Occasionally theres that pop sound when you rev it to redline when ur not moving, having to do with the backpressure. No... for the one-thousandth time, the N1 is NOT raspy....
Old 03-26-2006, 03:21 PM
Blue_pen

Nope its not raspy at all. My friend put one on his Z. I think it sounds more like a farrari. Its really sweet.

Ruben
Old 03-28-2006, 02:40 PM
BlackStevo8
Banned

i wish I could sell mine... but its for a g35....
Old 03-28-2006, 06:00 PM
Bboy Hustler

I ordered mine about 3 weeks ago, still being shipped out to me here in AUS, cant wait for your vid man!!

Great pics cant wait for mine to arrive now!!