Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

21HP 19 FT Torque! On the 350Z

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2005, 09:11 AM
duneking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you all are a bunch of crybabies.
I just recently bought a used 2004 350z. I am new to this forum because I bought my car last week. The car actually has an afe kit on it already. I can tell there is a power GAIN hence the word GAIN not PEAK power. If you knew the difference half the people would not have posted on this.

I have to say that the kit is put together very well. A friend of mine is thinking about buying one because he noticed a difference driving my car. Arguing on the internet is like the special olympics. Your still retarded even if you win. Get a life and stop bashing companies that are out there making products for our cars. If your a cheap *** go buy a cheap filter on a stick and tell me how it performs. It wont.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:17 AM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by duneking
The car actually has an afe kit on it already. I can tell there is a power GAIN hence the word GAIN not PEAK power.
How can you tell? You bought it with the AFE intake already on it, did you take it off and put a stock one back on and feel the loss in power? What is the GAIN you're feeling being measured against?
Old 09-23-2005, 09:20 AM
bixby

Ah, the butt dyno strikes again.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:31 AM
duneking

Yes it was a butt dyno if thats what you want to call it.
My friend has a completly stock car that I drove. My car has the intake on it. And to answer a question that you are going to ask, yes they are the same exact cars except for colors.

It makes power, I like it, I know you critics will pick at all the details of my statements. If you guys have a problem with it buy something else and then find something to complain about.

Old 09-23-2005, 09:39 AM
bixby

My friend has a completly stock car that I drove. My car has the intake on it. And to answer a question that you are going to ask, yes they are the same exact cars except for colors.

It makes power, I like it, I know you critics will pick at all the details of my statements. If you guys have a problem with it buy something else and then find something to complain about.

Well this thread is really all about the almost double costs of the CAI vs others. Once it was proven that the claimed 21hp gain wasn't there it has the manufaturer rethinking price. The ONLY justfication there was for the huge price was the claimed gains and now that is gone.

They'll adjust their price down if they wish to sell their product to anyone in this community at least.

Pretty easy for you to jump on the forum and deffend the intake when you weren't actually the person who OVER paid for the product.

Go buy something that claims one thing then actually doesn't even come close and lets here your opinion then.

Last edited by bixby; 09-23-2005 at 09:57 AM.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:47 AM
duneking

Well like the guy said MSRP pricing isnt the price you pay. Look online and you can find a better price. I see your point but its not like it lost power. Regardless of the claims I am satisfied with the product and I recommend it to anyone. The quality is there so thats where you pay the price. Im surprised all of you arent *****ing about the current gas prices!
Old 09-23-2005, 09:55 AM
bixby

Well like the guy said MSRP pricing isnt the price you pay. Look online and you can find a better price. I see your point but its not like it lost power. Regardless of the claims I am satisfied with the product and I recommend it to anyone. The quality is there so thats where you pay the price. Im surprised all of you arent *****ing about the current gas prices!
There's another thread on gas prices. But why *****? At least the pricing is fairly equal for "like" products.

No one has ever disputed the quality of the product but it's really not better than some of the other's.

I guess my point is, aFe has acknowledged gains are misstated as well as the fitment issue and is addressing both as well as pricing. I am waiting to see if both pricing & fitment are resolved before I commit. I like the way it looks and I really don't care if it only adds a couple of ponies.

If the price is right & fitment is resolved I'd buy it. I'd rather go get a 2nd gen Nismo CAI otherwise. At least then if I over pay I won't void my warranty.

Last edited by bixby; 09-23-2005 at 09:58 AM.
Old 09-23-2005, 10:05 AM
hfm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you all are a bunch of crybabies.

Your still retarded even if you win. Get a life and stop bashing companies that are out there making products for our cars. If your a cheap *** go buy a cheap filter on a stick and tell me how it performs. It wont.
You joined today, you have a whopping post count of three, all of which are on this thread, you're defending a company who engages in false advertising and you attack members of the forum, calling us cry babies, retarded and cheap asses.

Get it straight. We are not bashing on companies that are making products for our Z. We are calling bullshit on a company making false claims and charging more than twice what any other manufacturer sells for a similar product. Unlike yourself who claims to have bought a Z last week, some of us have had our Zs for years and are not new to checking out manufacturers. There are many companies such as 350EVO, Crawford, Borla that have been tested and proven or disproven. None of them have made the same outrageous claims of performance gains nor demonstrated the obvious greedy profit gouging.

Wecome to the forum and enjoy your Z. But, do yourself a favor, stop calling forum members names, stop defending a shady company and read a few threads because you're coming across like some new troll with his head up his ass.
Old 09-23-2005, 10:19 AM
duneking

I think they will have an intake for you to buy here.....
Old 09-23-2005, 10:41 AM
rubAdub

trolls and intakes......great combo
Old 09-23-2005, 11:34 AM
GlenRoseFireFighter

Originally Posted by DavesZ#3
How can you tell? You bought it with the AFE intake already on it, did you take it off and put a stock one back on and feel the loss in power? What is the GAIN you're feeling being measured against?
+1, and I was so cheap, I went out and got some REAL power...wanna race Mr. 4 posts?
Old 09-23-2005, 11:38 AM
GlenRoseFireFighter

Quality? It's a fricken 2 1/2" diameter pipe with a MAF flange welded on and a K&N type filter....they make those already. See Jim Wolf, Injen, AES, Nismo, etc. Quality, what a joke. Maybe if you threw in a Turbonator, I'd be sold!
Old 09-23-2005, 12:00 PM
cvt

i think it's weird people are crappin on afe making false claims then recommend injen and k and n...again i have never seen a similar manufacturer dynos and independent dynos...but i think motordyne is the most consistent.
Old 09-23-2005, 12:27 PM
GlenRoseFireFighter

Originally Posted by cvt
i think it's weird people are crappin on afe making false claims then recommend injen and k and n...again i have never seen a similar manufacturer dynos and independent dynos...but i think motordyne is the most consistent.
Who recommended Injen or K&N? I said they were other companies that have similar products that don't charge $500+ for it. That's all. Motordyne makes CAI?
Old 09-23-2005, 12:37 PM
duneking

Personally I think the turbonator is a pile of crap. Yeah I just registered but I have been watching this site for a few months now. I figured I could post questions about my car when the time comes. Sorry im not cool enough to have as many posts as you. Hey Randys G noticed on your upgrades you said you used mobil 1 oil. Do you really think there is a performance increase with that oil. Also OEM NAV, thats stock right. So it wouldnt be considered an aftermarket upgrade. You must really not do anything but post all day. Do you even work or is mommy and daddy supporting you.

Old 09-23-2005, 12:46 PM
cvt

Originally Posted by Randys_G
Who recommended Injen or K&N? I said they were other companies that have similar products that don't charge $500+ for it. That's all. Motordyne makes CAI?
many people reccomend injen or k and n...just start a 'what's the best intake?' thread..lol. as far as motordyne they have pretty consistent dynos as far as performance parts...no they do not make intakes.

$500 for 4whp is outrageous...but not at outrageous as 6whp for $900 (nismo exhaust) or $1100 for 8whp (stillen exhaust). i'm not saying afe did the right thing. far from it. they got caught steppingo n their own crank...lol. what i'm getting at is where was all this anamosity when the other more reputable companies started claiming 'false' dyno numbers?
Old 09-23-2005, 01:09 PM
undrgnd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personally I think the turbonator is a pile of crap. Yeah I just registered but I have been watching this site for a few months now. I figured I could post questions about my car when the time comes. Sorry im not cool enough to have as many posts as you. Hey Randys G noticed on your upgrades you said you used mobil 1 oil. Do you really think there is a performance increase with that oil. Also OEM NAV, thats stock right. So it wouldnt be considered an aftermarket upgrade. You must really not do anything but post all day. Do you even work or is mommy and daddy supporting you.
You are truly a loser. You obviously have nothing to contribute, especially in this thread where it has all been said before. You really know how to make friends and influence people. As already stated, this thread is about an overpriced and overhyped intake, not about insulting other members. Wouldn't you be happier in a Civic?
Old 09-23-2005, 02:21 PM
NTRIGUE

My friend has a completly stock car that I drove. My car has the intake on it.

You do realize that the Z can vary from 220HP-245HP with no modification. Oh wait no you don't realize that do you.

Quick Reply: 21HP 19 FT Torque! On the 350Z