Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Pop Charger on a 2006 Z?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2005, 04:53 PM
Chad68

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Pop Charger on a 2006 Z?

Would it be a safe bet to say that a Pop Charger for the 2003-2005 Z will fit the '06 Z as well?

I'm asuming the Pop Charger fits the current 300HP version Z"s, in addition to the 287 HP versions?

I'm asuming that the '06 Z's which are all going to be 300HP have the exact same engines and intakes etc. as the current '05 300HP versions? I know it's near impossible to say at this point with any certanty but I think it's a safe bet.

I know it's mostly a dumb type of mod but for $120 I don't think I will be loosing that much $$ if I don't like it. I was trying to decide what my first mods would be, right off the bat.

No matter which of the the 2 mod options (below) I was going to go with first, the following mods are going on as soon as I get the car, all of which I will have before I even get the car, most are already on their way right now if I don't have them collecting dust already.

Nismo floor mats, "Z" License Frame, aluminium kick plates, aluminium pedal covers, shorter antenna, Veilside V-1 wing, darkest "legal" tint (obvisouly I can't order that), B&M gear shift ****, and Hotchkis springs, which I am hoping will also fit the '06.

In addition to the above mods, the main initial mod choices where either...

1. Keep the factory 18" wheels, get wheel spacers and get a Nismo exhuast.

or

2. Get a Pop Charger and 19" silver Axis Hiro's 8.5" and 9.5" on 245/35/19's and 275/35/19's Toyo's. Then sell the factory wheels and tires. Dollar wise both options come out the same, after the factory wheels are sold.

Well after going down to the dealer and looking again at the factory 18" wheels with those 245/45 series tires in the rear, I decided I'm going to hold off on the Exhaust for now and get The Hiro's and a Pop Charger instead. I would rather have the car look sweet first, then sound sweet later on, so the Pop Charger costs next to nothing and supposidly ads some niffty sound, which isn't the same as the Nismo but better than no gain in sound at all.

I will evntually have all the mods but I was trying to decide what would give me the most joy initially (sound or looks) and decided that having the Z look they way I want would make me the happiest. Besides ya can't mash the gas during break in all that much anyway.

Dayamn got side tracked. Anyway was curious if the Pop charger bolts up to the current 300HP models exactlly the same as the 287's?
Old 09-06-2005, 08:34 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I didn’t realize that the 2006 350Z was on the street. You must be the first member driving a 2006.
Old 09-06-2005, 08:35 AM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes it will fit on the 06 Models.
Old 09-06-2005, 03:53 PM
Chad68

Originally Posted by davidv
I didn’t realize that the 2006 350Z was on the street. You must be the first member driving a 2006.

No I don't have the first one haha. I am buying a '06 base model in the middle or end of January, unless I find a leftover '05 Enthu or Touring model in my price range, which I doubt a Touring would be. I am just putting some parts away so I can start bolting them on when I get it:-)

Hopefully the only things I will have to wait for from the big brown truck are the wheels and rear wing.

I'm pretty sure it will fit, if not I can just sell it to somebody because i doubt I could return it after 2 or 3 months after the purchase.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:04 PM
ZON

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Chad68

I know it's mostly a dumb type of mod but for $120 I don't think I will be loosing that much $$ if I don't like it. ?
Huh? This is a great mod!!! I still remember when I put it on and it was my 1st mod. Instant sound effects and i thought maybe I felt something but it was probably just the cool sound. Best mod for the money.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:57 PM
Chad68

Originally Posted by throbbing_Zon
Huh? This is a great mod!!! I still remember when I put it on and it was my 1st mod. Instant sound effects and i thought maybe I felt something but it was probably just the cool sound. Best mod for the money.
I probably shouldn't say dumb, I mean as far as any power gains go, one shouldn't expect much if any gains at all but it's the nifty noise that I'm after, like most that use it.

It's just something to hold me over until I decided on and get the money set aside for an exhaust later down the road. I might not even get an exhaust depending on how cool it sounds.
Old 09-07-2005, 08:40 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Thumbs up You da man!

Originally Posted by Chad68
No I don't have the first one haha. I am buying a '06 base model in the middle or end of January, unless I find a leftover '05 Enthu or Touring model in my price range, which I doubt a Touring would be. I am just putting some parts away so I can start bolting them on when I get it:-)

Hopefully the only things I will have to wait for from the big brown truck are the wheels and rear wing.

I'm pretty sure it will fit, if not I can just sell it to somebody because i doubt I could return it after 2 or 3 months after the purchase.
Wow! You've got the jump on performance modifications. No 350Z and a garage full of stuff.