Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Exhaust sound volume increase - cheap & easy!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2002, 09:53 AM
bhobson333

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Vlad
is this what need to be cut out?

Also did they deinstall exhaust before doing mod? I guess it's the only way... Was it easy to deinstall?
That's the part they took out, yes. No deinstall of exhaust, though. They just took a sawsall (heavy-duty reciprocating saw) and cut it out, then made a sleeved piece out of pipe, put it in place, and welded it on.
Old 12-18-2002, 05:54 PM
Papito-Z

Default Re: Did it 2 months ago......

Originally posted by j's350z
I had a direct bolt in pipe made to replace that one about 2 months ago.....Good Luck with yours!!!!
Jason
NJ
Where did you get the pipe? I am looking for one myself.
Old 12-19-2002, 06:06 AM
Eric1h

Anyone in the Raleigh Area can go to R&J custom exhaust in Apex, Ask for Robert and tell them Eric Hardcastle sent you, he'll hook you up!
Old 12-20-2002, 12:49 AM
ppw350Z

i removed the resignator, i am very pleased with the outcome. i just wanted to thank all of you that post these tips on here. if you don't already know it you are helpful wheter it's the first or the fiftieth time it's been posted. this is probably one of the best finds on the web ever. thanks again!
Old 12-20-2002, 05:23 AM
Vlad

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just removed mine yesterday. Local muffler shop did it. It took guys 20 minutes for everything, including painting the whole piece with ceramic silver paint, so the seams won't corrode over time. Costed me $40, and I'm very pleased with quality.

The whole deleted piece saved me probably 5lbs, and probably added some fraction of HP. I defenetely feel how much better and faster my car became, but I know it's mostly psychological.

Now about sound. I can't say that difference is dramatic. It still pretty far from those mustangs without mufflers you can meet on gas station... Idle sound remain the same. But then when you add throttle you see obvious sound change. It's kind of higher and more alive than it was. Now the most exciting part - when you release throttle you can hear somesing you never heard before. I don't know how to describe it but if you've been to formula one races, that's the sound you hear on turns, where they release throttle or to change gear and engine makes brh-bx-th-trh. or something like that. Very cool to hear something like that from my car.

All I've heard was with car parked. When you close the door and go you don't hear it so much. It sound louder a little bit after 4000, but on 2500-3500 it doesn't bother you at all.
Old 12-21-2002, 12:04 PM
daddy Z

Hurry up Monday .... I want mine to make a little more noise.
Old 12-21-2002, 12:13 PM
Papito-Z

Had mines done yesterday. A straight stainless steel pipe was used and everything sealed correctly with a little exhaust paint to prevent rusting. So far so good. It does or at least it feels like it have a little more power and the sound is wonderful. Not to loud but you can hear the exhaust. Took it to Grand Mufflers of Georgia, a muffler shot right on South Cobb Dr. in Marietta. They charged me 60 bucks.