Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Cusom exhaust project FAILED

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 06:53 AM
Tackett

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Acree
i know i've said it before, but i'll say it again. PRO-1!!
I know it's not true dual, but the sound is amazing.

I have never heard of, nor seen this exhaust. link?
Old 10-06-2005, 07:12 AM
Tackett

Nevermind I found a place...interesting. got any sound clips of this exhaust. I know they are not accurate, but its better than nothing. I hate buying this crap blind man, its driving me nuts.

The TS doesnt sound like a nopi tuner car does it? Smooth sounding? High-pitched? ala porche carrerra gt?

Still leaning toward the Stillen SS. Sway me people, if you think I need swaying.
Old 10-06-2005, 07:38 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Tackett
I hate living where I do, everyone here is so apathetic and lazy. I took the car back up to have an X-pipe put on, and he says there is no room.....well I am standing under the car looking up at the bottom of it and I say "how do you get that?" I have seen tons of pics of x-pipes under Z's. I argued for a while and then just left. Bottom line is I think they are tired of screwing with me. That sucks becuase it is the only place within decent distance of me that will do custom exhaust work. I should have known better to try something like this around here, everytime I try to get people around here to try something out of the box and different, I get stonewalled with the same ole "You can't do it" phrase, and wind up doing it myself. My center console was the same way, I took it to fifty body shops and always got the same answer. "you cant do it." So I wound up just doing it myself. I have tons of other experiences like that also. So like every other project I want to do, I will probably be doing it myself.

Don't ever move to West Virginia, stay away, far away. It is the lazy capitol of the universe.
LOL. West Virginia is laid back. Very laid back. When someone says “You can't do that” they mean “I don’t want to do that.”
Old 10-06-2005, 07:50 AM
mdracer76
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nevermind I found a place...interesting. got any sound clips of this exhaust. I know they are not accurate, but its better than nothing. I hate buying this crap blind man, its driving me nuts.

The TS doesnt sound like a nopi tuner car does it? Smooth sounding? High-pitched? ala porche carrerra gt?

Still leaning toward the Stillen SS. Sway me people, if you think I need swaying.

I'd wait to make your choice untill after the Skyline Drive meet. You should be able to hear MANY different exausts with your own ears. I have Invidia... and LOVE it.
Old 10-06-2005, 08:25 AM
Acree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have had it on for about 3 weeks now. i havent had a chance to get any clips made yet. i wish i have. i think its the best exhaust for this car. i found a few clips from the forum though.

here's one of a G with silencers. the silencers can be easily removed and put back on at the exit of the tips.

http://home.comcast.net/~waijai/Driving_Off.MPG

here is a clip on a Z with no silencers. this is how i drive it everyday. mine actually sounds a little bit meaner than this one. maybe i'm running a different y-pipe.

http://home.comcast.net/~vballdallas1/350run.mpg

hope these help you out man.

here is the original thread for the blue Z.
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....ght=pro-1+clip
Old 10-06-2005, 01:59 PM
Tackett

That first clip of the G driving off sounds horrible man. I am waiting on the bigger one to download, maybe it will be better with the silencers off.

Last edited by Tackett; 10-06-2005 at 02:03 PM.
Old 10-06-2005, 02:12 PM
RedLeader

I've been happy with the Stillen SS dual and LaBree resonated test pipes. Louder and deeper than stock, but it doesn't alienate the neighbors when I fire it up to leave for work. Not buzzy, even with the top down.

Bruce
Old 10-07-2005, 04:11 AM
Tackett

Acree buddy, I hate to say it, but I think that top speed sounds like a turd. Maybe its just the soundclips and you have to hear it in person. Thanks for the suggestion though.

I JUST CANT DECIDE!!!!

The stillen was what I always wanted from the get-go, so I will probably wind up with it.
Old 10-07-2005, 04:17 AM
Tackett

Whoever has the HKS, can you assure me that it has NO RASP whatsoever, no fartish sound at all? I want my exhaust as smooth as butter, and if it is raspy, its automatically out. I was looking at the pics of it, and it looks to be true dual with no crossover...if that is the case, it may be horribly raspy. If it is broken and farty sounding it will lower my selections to only two....the stillen ss and the invidia g200.
Old 10-07-2005, 07:37 AM
Acree

Acree buddy, I hate to say it, but I think that top speed sounds like a turd. Maybe its just the soundclips and you have to hear it in person. Thanks for the suggestion though.

I JUST CANT DECIDE!!!!

The stillen was what I always wanted from the get-go, so I will probably wind up with it.
that's cool man. the video clips arent the greatest and i'm sure that your tastes differ from mine. i was just trying to let you have as many options as possible. if you can hear one in person anytime i would definately recommend it. but make sure they are not running test pipes, because it will def be raspy at some point. g/l in your exhaust venture! hope you find what you are looking for.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:00 AM
undrgnd

Whoever has the HKS, can you assure me that it has NO RASP whatsoever, no fartish sound at all? I want my exhaust as smooth as butter, and if it is raspy, its automatically out. I was looking at the pics of it, and it looks to be true dual with no crossover...if that is the case, it may be horribly raspy. If it is broken and farty sounding it will lower my selections to only two....the stillen ss and the invidia g200.
Are you serious? What, you want it signed in blood too? Nobody will give a guarantee, and if they did you'd be an idiot to believe it wholeheartedly. Just take what people are saying with a grain of salt and make up your own mind. Your best COA is to listen to it in person.
Old 10-07-2005, 10:28 AM
Tackett

Originally Posted by undrgnd
Are you serious? What, you want it signed in blood too? Nobody will give a guarantee, and if they did you'd be an idiot to believe it wholeheartedly. Just take what people are saying with a grain of salt and make up your own mind. Your best COA is to listen to it in person.

...what? no I dont want it signed in blood, when did I ever say that? Considering the only way I will ever hear that exhaust is through a random sound clip if I get lucky enough to find one, the only thing I have to go on is someone elses word. So considering that, I think my best COA is pretty much shot to hell. I am asking for information and opinions from people and I realize I have to take those opinions with a grain of salt, I was not born yesterday. There is no way I am dropping 1-2k bucks on something without knowing ANYTHING about it.
Old 10-07-2005, 10:45 AM
Alang35

http://www.350zmotoring.com/forums/s...ight=magnaflow

Hope that helps.
Old 10-07-2005, 03:44 PM
chemicalviper

You put on glasspacks and your surpized it sounds like **** ?

.....duh
Old 10-08-2005, 10:18 AM
Tackett

Originally Posted by chemicalviper
You put on glasspacks and your surpized it sounds like **** ?

.....duh
Glasspacks flow better than turbos, so thats why I opted for them....but I doubt that its the glassspacks causing the problem. I would say that an X would solve most of my problems, I'm just not going to drop any more money into a halfassed exhaust.
Old 10-08-2005, 10:26 AM
Tackett

Well, here are my options...

I could get the Invidia g200, DC headers, and helix HF cats for 1869 bucks shipped.

Or i could just get the stillen and leave the stock cats (I hear the Stillen SS combined with HF cats sounds like a low-pitched buzzing bee.)

Or the HKS hi power and helix hiflows for about 1800 beans as well.

...decisions, decisions, decisions....I just dont know what to do.
Old 10-09-2005, 12:30 AM
ActionJackson

How about the Amuse R1 Titan?

http://www.everything350z.com/exhaustmp3/amuse.mp3
http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=amuse350zexhaust (drive by video)
http://www.clemsonpilot.com/joez/accel.wmv (In cabin)
http://www.clemsonpilot.com/joez/Zburnout2.wmv (outside video)

Here's a good page and collection of exhaust sound clips too
http://www.350zmotoring.com/forums/s...=Exhaust+Clips
Old 10-10-2005, 09:33 PM
chemicalviper

Glasspacks flow better than turbos, so thats why I opted for them....but I doubt that its the glassspacks causing the problem. I would say that an X would solve most of my problems, I'm just not going to drop any more money into a halfassed exhaust.
Did you just say a glass pack flows better than a turbo ??????

WTF, a turbo is type of forced induction.

GLASSPACK IS for sound deviation ONLY.

WTF type of analogy was that. And how come something flowing 500+cfms be compaired to a sound level modification.

NOW ----- BEFORE YOU SPEAK,
I was saying glass packs make burbly sounds, ofcourse it sounds like ***. Dont tell me you put a glass pack on for flow you putz, they are for sound only, you might as well do a straight pipe. And they resonate so differently they burble the sounds up

Wakeup.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:51 PM
Acree

Did you just say a glass pack flows better than a turbo ??????

WTF, a turbo is type of forced induction.

GLASSPACK IS for sound deviation ONLY.

WTF type of analogy was that. And how come something flowing 500+cfms be compaired to a sound level modification.

NOW ----- BEFORE YOU SPEAK,
I was saying glass packs make burbly sounds, ofcourse it sounds like ***. Dont tell me you put a glass pack on for flow you putz, they are for sound only, you might as well do a straight pipe. And they resonate so differently they burble the sounds up

Wakeup.

that's the point @sswipe. wth is your problem? this guy comes on the forums asking for help and you're being a big fat d****** bag. he put glasspacks on SO THEY WOULD FLOW EXHAUST LIKE A STRAIGHT PIPE. hence, better than mufflers. he never said glasspacks cram air into the engine you turd muncher. why are people such @ssholes all the time?! i'm freakin sick of it.
Old 10-11-2005, 03:52 AM
teh215

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

...ofcourse it sounds like ***.

... and so do you

Quick Reply: Cusom exhaust project FAILED