Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

A Question for people with Test Pipes

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 12:02 PM
Blurr350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you get pulled over, turn your engine off. If you go screaming by a cruiser and he pulls you over, he might be a little curious why your car sounded like an F1 car, so then you might have a problem, other than that, I dont think theres much risk. As for the garage thing, if you do what every normal driver does, the car runs for maybe 5 seconds before it leaves the garage, or 5 seconds after it enters. With or without test pipes, leaving your car running in the garage is dangerous. Carbon monoxide is an odorless gas, making it dangerous, if your car is running in the garage with test pipes, the smell will remind you to turn the damn thing off! so in a way, theyre safer
Old 11-16-2005, 12:17 PM
trescincuenta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only time I thought I was gonan die from the exhaust fumes w/ the test pipes was when I had to carry a box in the trunk where I couldnt fully close the hatch, I had to tie it down. The aerodynamics of the car when its moving brings the air stream and the exhaust right into the hatch and into the cabin. Jeez i thought I was gonna barf. But I also got to hear an idea of what the exhaust sounds like from the outside behind the car. I used to think it sounded liek a honda, but thats how it sounds inside the car. From outside the rasp sounds mean like a highly tuned performance car, almost europeanish. Peopel have also told me that have been following me or seen me drive by or away say it dounds very nice and aggressive. I have Kinetix test pipes and a japtrix ypipe and the rest is stock.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:45 PM
Vamos_Rafael

Originally Posted by trescincuenta
The only time I thought I was gonan die from the exhaust fumes w/ the test pipes was when I had to carry a box in the trunk where I couldnt fully close the hatch, I had to tie it down. The aerodynamics of the car when its moving brings the air stream and the exhaust right into the hatch and into the cabin. Jeez i thought I was gonna barf. But I also got to hear an idea of what the exhaust sounds like from the outside behind the car. I used to think it sounded liek a honda, but thats how it sounds inside the car. From outside the rasp sounds mean like a highly tuned performance car, almost europeanish. Peopel have also told me that have been following me or seen me drive by or away say it dounds very nice and aggressive. I have Kinetix test pipes and a japtrix ypipe and the rest is stock.
i agree with it sounding better outside...
Old 11-16-2005, 01:13 PM
robbycolli

+1 .... I was scared all the way home the day I had the test pipes installed that the car sounded like a honda civic
Old 11-16-2005, 01:48 PM
FairladyZX

Originally Posted by jvanquish
Of course... but if they smell unburnt fuel being dumped into the exhaust then you have to be really polite ... like giving him head or something
I know. You must b really good at it.

Hey Jv, How's your exhaust sound now after the Pro1 install? Any raspy at all or just same old deep loud tone?
Old 11-16-2005, 01:52 PM
josephchihweilu

just also for the record in case this topic is looked up in the future, I was told that you can also remain pretty safe with the smell if you try to cruise your car under 3.5k RPMs. I asked a local performance shop about their take on this and thats what they said.
Old 11-16-2005, 05:24 PM
ssgohan434

Originally Posted by trescincuenta
but ur sig says that u have helix test pipes? or did u have those before and u swapped them out? how did they sound compared to the kenetix pipes u have now? are they resonated test pipes? thanks
Old 11-16-2005, 05:51 PM
Vamos_Rafael

Originally Posted by FairladyZX
I know. You must b really good at it.

Hey Jv, How's your exhaust sound now after the Pro1 install? Any raspy at all or just same old deep loud tone?
i like it
after i get my headers on
i think im done with exhaust ...
headers + test pipes will give me enough sound i think...
Hopefully
but after pro-1 it sounds great
inside the car it sounds better than civic... i think it gained the whining sound like the M3 now...
or am i just dreaming