Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently
View Poll Results: Adding exhaust rice or not?
Rice
22.58%
Not
72.04%
What\'s an exhaust?
5.38%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Exhaust = Rice?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2002, 05:29 AM
Zmeflyby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

u cant go bpu without an exhaust
Old 05-09-2002, 08:19 PM
SleeperGT
Charter Member #43

Originally posted by Zmeflyby
u cant go bpu without an exhaust
Well, if the stock cat-back has a decent pipe internal diameter and a straight-through muffler, one could save money and be BPU without an aftermarket cat-back, IMO.
Old 05-09-2002, 08:25 PM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Originally posted by SleeperGT

Well, if the stock cat-back has a decent pipe internal diameter and a straight-through muffler, one could save money and be BPU without an aftermarket cat-back, IMO.
I agree 100%!
Old 05-10-2002, 04:25 AM
Zmeflyby

Originally posted by SleeperGT

but still, i need the sound to back up my speed
Old 05-10-2002, 04:37 AM
rouxeny

Default To Rice Or Not To Rice

Rice isn't just a little white grain, it's a whole attitude. Exhausts, or intakes, or even stickers, aren't necessarily rice. It's when it's done to such a degree that it borders on ridiculous. A tricked out 88 Civic DX with a rocket launcher exhaust, no airbox and multiple horsepower adding "Type R" stickers is a little fluffy. Adding an exhaust because you like the way it sounds, is a little different. Of course, the line between the two is as fine as a (pick your metaphor).

In the end, damn the public, do what makes you happy. Just as long as it doesn't wake me up when you drive by at 3 AM.
Old 05-10-2002, 04:41 AM
Zmeflyby

Default Re: To Rice Or Not To Rice

Originally posted by rouxeny
Rice isn't just a little white grain, it's a whole attitude. Exhausts, or intakes, or even stickers, aren't necessarily rice. It's when it's done to such a degree that it borders on ridiculous. A tricked out 88 Civic DX with a rocket launcher exhaust, no airbox and multiple horsepower adding "Type R" stickers is a little fluffy. Adding an exhaust because you like the way it sounds, is a little different. Of course, the line between the two is as fine as a (pick your metaphor).

In the end, damn the public, do what makes you happy. Just as long as it doesn't wake me up when you drive by at 3 AM.
u mean ricers..
Old 05-10-2002, 07:44 AM
rouxeny

I've started carrying my digital camera with me everywhere I go in the odd (very very very odd) chance a 350Z will show up here on the highways of southern CT and to just snap interesting pictures that I wouldn't normally waste real film on. However, today, I wasn't packing and I passed a car I would have loved to have shown everybody.

I'm driving down the 91 and I pass a Lexibu...That's a Chevy Malibu with full rear Lexus IS300 badging. I mean the big silver "L", the "Lexus" in the upper left corner, and the "IS300" on the right upper corner. The license plate holder had "McDermott Lexus" on it. However, the whole effect was ruined by the "Chevrolet" imprinted on the bumper.

I had to drive up next to the guy and see what kind of 16 year old had modded up Mommy's car and I was surprised to see a
50-ish year old guy driving.

Oh, the front of the car still had the Chevy bow-tie on the grill.

What a strange car, would have loved to ask the person responsible what the hell he was thinking. Followed by a swift kick in the you-know-what.
Old 05-10-2002, 07:47 AM
rouxeny

Oh yeah, I'll be home in LA in a few weeks and I plan on doing some camping out at the Nissan HQ there, not to mention some serious cruising around the area. If anything turns up, I'll post the proof here.
Old 05-10-2002, 09:01 PM
SleeperGT
Charter Member #43

Default Re: To Rice Or Not To Rice

Originally posted by rouxeny

Metal wings and several "NAAAWWWZZZ" stickers of different brands is rice no matter what anyone says.
Old 05-11-2002, 06:05 AM
Zmeflyby

i'm not bothered by the "not so" tall metal wings but the tall ones bug me. stickers of nos? well...they might be just sponsoring or advertising...
Old 05-15-2002, 12:30 PM
EnthuZ
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rice-A-Rohny

Hope this attatchment work:

A cockpit adjustable wing!

Jim Hall Lives

It is a gif of a moving rear wing.

Last edited by EnthuZ; 05-15-2002 at 12:45 PM.
Old 05-15-2002, 12:40 PM
EnthuZ
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wacky Wing

If at 1st u.............

Too big, 805Kb, Damn!

OK, I'll try a link:

http://www.takakaira.com/aerokits/ae...enu.php3?cat=4

Don't know why it wouldn't go all the way, but......Go to Plus One, Then Electric Rear Wing

And only $1199.00

I don't need no stinking Aero Package!

Last edited by EnthuZ; 05-15-2002 at 01:09 PM.
Old 05-21-2002, 07:58 AM
BILZ Z

Thumbs down

Please none of that sh** on such a cool looking car. If too much of it happens I'll be forced to repurchase another 911. People don't do that kind of "horror" on them. Hopefully, common sense will prevail.

Last edited by TXSTYLE; 05-30-2002 at 07:58 PM.
Old 05-30-2002, 12:16 PM
jran76

Def not Rice. I have a full exhaust on my MAX VQ30, y-pipe, CAT, and Cat-back, with a intake, and it makes a lot more power. However, I may keep the catback section on the 350Z if it has a decent diameter, and add a high flow cat and y-pipe/headers. I am sure they will have a couple precats in the y-pipe section, so I would like to get rid of those and the restrictive cat.

But, it all depends on the cat-back section, if it is restrictive and not at least 2.5" then I will probably replace it. I would like to have at least 2.5" all the way back to free things up.
Old 06-03-2002, 01:40 AM
Rogue350z
!!HR TT!!

Default answer.....

http://www.goingfaster.com/spo/you_m..._ricer_if.html
Old 06-18-2002, 08:10 AM
nemo

Yeah, that was a pretty good link. Except for the guy who did it is kinda stupid. Look at the rest of the articles and stuff. He spends all his time dissing Fords and Chevys. This ignoramus, who is so into Pontiac Performance, has failed to realize that Camaros and Trans Ams are F-Body twins.

I got a big kick out of reading a story about a 6.6 liter Trans Am making 185 horsepower (with all the emissions stuff in place- his excuse) versus a Ford Mustang 5.0 with a whopping 200 hp.

Quick Reply: Exhaust = Rice?