Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Borla TD...wrong install?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 11:23 PM
Mazinger Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Borla TD...wrong install?

I just had a friend install a borla td on my car. We didn't use sealant on any of the pipes...would this be a problem? Also, somehow, the right side ended up being about half an inch higher (from the ground) than the left one. The car actually feels better...a bit of gain on the low end and the sound is nice, but to be safe I'm probably going to redo it when I could. Would driving it cause any problems to my car?
Old 02-21-2006, 08:46 AM
ZlleH

Pictures of the right side pipe being one inch off the ground would be helpful. By the sounds of it, it might be that Borla sent you two of the same sided pipe. Borla gave me 2 right sided pipe even though one had the sticker label "L" on it.

I sent away for the left one and it fits perfectly.

Check out this thread: https://my350z.com/forum/g35-g37/162300-borla-gave-me-wrong-exhaust.html

Last edited by ZlleH; 02-21-2006 at 08:48 AM.
Old 02-21-2006, 08:54 AM
jeremybudd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah a picture would help. I am thinking it is just an adjustment you can make by twisting the pipe right by the H section. When i installed mine you could move it a half inch or more either way just by twisting the H pipe. You won't need sealant for the connections either, I have had mine on for a year now and it never leaks. I did take the exhaust off to switch out my diff and that was a pain in the butt. The borla is way harder to take off then the stock was.
Old 02-21-2006, 06:58 PM
vze4fhpv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had certain parts of my Borla welded togeather so it would be more of a solid unit... it comes in many pieces so I think I have two clamps on each side instead of 3-4... you should be able to move the pipes around a bit and get them even on both sides... take it to a shop that has installed one before and have them give it a look... it's an awesome sysyem, though headers and no cats make the biggest gains.. then it will really sound nice.. throughty, not even japanese.. people don't know what the hell is chasing them down by me.. lol, they're like what the hell is that, oh.... it's a z... nice....
Old 02-21-2006, 11:46 PM
Mazinger Z

Thanks for the replies, I drove it all day today (to the Staples Center...lakers won btw...woohoo!) and everything seems to be cool...yea I think it's a good idea to just mess with the joints a little bit... but all in all...A+ for the exhaust...good stealthy sound...a bit of gain in the low rpms is what it feels like to me, but haven't really pulled it hard...2 people tried to race me today (zero before the exhaust and I've had it for about a month) a civic hatchback and a frontier lol...