Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

DNX exhaust owners look here please

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 09:07 AM
Hybrid90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DNX exhaust owners look here please

About to install my DNX exhaust and was wondering about the fitment issues. I've heard the exhaust pipe will hit the M-brace and the right canister will hit the black box... what did you guys do to correct this? Or does this problem only happen with some of the DNX exhaust? Please give me more info on the problem before I start to install it.. thanks in advance!
Old 04-26-2006, 02:23 PM
atlsupdawg#2

Originally Posted by Hybrid90
About to install my DNX exhaust and was wondering about the fitment issues. I've heard the exhaust pipe will hit the M-brace and the right canister will hit the black box... what did you guys do to correct this? Or does this problem only happen with some of the DNX exhaust? Please give me more info on the problem before I start to install it.. thanks in advance!
Hey bro I have this exhaust as well and the pipe right b4 the resonator does come in contact with the brace. I did not want to damage the exhaust in anyway in case I might be inclined to sell it if I didn't like it. I decided to keep it so I'll get underneath there sometime this weekend and correct the issue before I wear a hole into the pipe. Haven't decided what I'll do yet..

The right canister (looking from the rear) does come into contact with that black box if you push on the exhaust. Haven't really heard much "tapping" coming from the rear. I'm sure under hard acceleration or any event that'll cause the exhaust to shift a bit will cause contact. I will address this situation as well.

If you come up with a plan please post.
Old 04-26-2006, 05:57 PM
ridemyjansen

I have the pro1 which is very similar. My solution to the rubbing was to cut a piece of a rubber house from an old intake and place it between the exhaust pipe and the m brace. Works great!
Old 04-26-2006, 07:41 PM
Gary King

I wouldn't be afraid to make the necessary mods to make it fit while hurting resale. If it doesn't fit your Z, it probably isn't going to fit the next guy's. If you do a good job with the mods, you are saving the next guy some work.

As far as the mods, the best way to do it is to install it, see where the fitment issues are, then make your adjustments till it fits right.
Old 04-29-2006, 02:58 PM
Hybrid90

I have the pro1 which is very similar. My solution to the rubbing was to cut a piece of a rubber house from an old intake and place it between the exhaust pipe and the m brace. Works great!
Wouldn't the rubber piece tend to melt due to how hot the exhaust pipes get? Just curious..