+5
Would like to know as well
+6

...oh....wait, I asked this question before and was ignored then as well
Old 05-31-2006, 04:25 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

you were probably ignored because the question has been asked and answered at least 5 different ways in countless threads. Do a search and you'll see all the reviews you could imagine, from "they suck" to "they cure cancer"
Old 05-31-2006, 08:38 AM
Zincognito

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmm, i could see that........any dyno proof? Not trying to bash or anything, im just in the market for a set. If it performs then its worth the money. IMO

G

Last edited by Zincognito; 05-31-2006 at 08:41 AM.
Old 05-31-2006, 04:34 PM
NismoSaint

http://www.kinetixracing.com/index.a...PROD&ProdID=10

anyone seen this should i go with this or craford cats alone, I have a motordyne spacer on the way so any thoughts on it it would work with that plenum
Old 05-31-2006, 06:24 PM
StarcraftBW

go with CRAWFORD......... buy directly from them so you will have the newest version.....and better warranty......best cats quality & price in the market.........btw, i have RT cats hehe
Old 05-31-2006, 07:22 PM
stereoneeds

ive got kinetix cats- got em for $250 used. paired em with the borla td and i love it. definately deep and throaty
Old 06-02-2006, 06:12 AM
guitman32

Received 108 Likes on 90 Posts

I have the Kinetix cats...great sound w/Nismo exhaust. Really will add an extra oomph to your tone.

One cautionary note: After installation, they were making contact with the factory heat shields. This resulted in an (extremely) annoying rattle when coming off throttle at high RPMs. The fix is simple...the heat shield needs a little "persuasion" to clear the cats 100%. This is easily achieved with a pry bar/mallet. They may have fixed this is issue with a redesign, but I am not sure.

Also, the kinetix cats do not utilize the factory cat support bracket.
Old 06-02-2006, 06:15 AM
Slick 6MT

How many miles do you guys have on your kinetix cats?
Old 06-02-2006, 06:55 AM
Havok_RLS2

Originally Posted by guitman32
I have the Kinetix cats...great sound w/Nismo exhaust. Really will add an extra oomph to your tone.

One cautionary note: After installation, they were making contact with the factory heat shields. This resulted in an (extremely) annoying rattle when coming off throttle at high RPMs. The fix is simple...the heat shield needs a little "persuasion" to clear the cats 100%. This is easily achieved with a pry bar/mallet. They may have fixed this is issue with a redesign, but I am not sure.

Also, the kinetix cats do not utilize the factory cat support bracket.
Keep this good information coming. I wanna know everyones opinions regarding the Kinetix cats because this is the direction I think I'm leaning towards.
I mean personally I love everything that comes out of AAM and I have no doubt in my mind that they make great products, but cost is becoming more of a deciding factor in this case. Everyone has their own reason for wanting to stay away from test pipes which I'm sure no one will disagree has the most HP potential over Cats. I personally don't wanna pay more than I need to on parts where I'm going to see less gain for my money. If Kinetix cats cost less than everyone else in the market while giving about the same gains as everyone else in the market. The choice becomes clear.

However.... If AAM wants to give me a call and offer me a huge discount on their Cats at the same price as the Kinetix cats, you best beleive I'd be at their shop an hour later.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:22 PM
SponGer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are there different versions of the Kinetix cats? If so, what are the differences?
Old 07-08-2006, 07:27 AM
SponGer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dave079
High flow, non resonated test pipes, and resonated test pipes. You could have just gone to the site and looked it up:
http://www.kinetixracing.com/index.a...ATS&Category=2
Thanks for the help I was asking for info on the different versions of their high flow cats, not test pipes.
Old 07-08-2006, 08:43 AM
Gary King

We ran the Kinetix for about 1 year and were very happy with them. We have some pics of them at our website:

http://www.gridesinc.com/Showroom.html#kinetix

+1 on the heat shield noise which guitman32 mentioned, very easy fix though, especially if you are aware of it and make the adjustment during the install.

We sell them for about the same price as Kinetix but we include free shipping, they are in our onlinestore:

http://storesense.megawebservers.com...tail.bok?no=28
Old 07-08-2006, 09:18 AM
99atlantic

Originally Posted by SponG
Thanks for the help I was asking for info on the different versions of their high flow cats, not test pipes.

there's a new and old version - the old version is ~8-10months old and incorporate a bracket to use stock support - they had lots of problems cracking (because of the brace)......newer version doesn't have a brace and doesn't have any notorious cracking problems.........don't buy used kinetix unless you're certain whether it's the older or newer model.

Originally Posted by dave079
There arent any differences. Only thing there are different versions of are their plenums.

yes there are
Old 07-08-2006, 01:41 PM
Zardoz

William@Altered, have you heard your cats paired together with a Nismo exhaust? I'm curious as to how that sounds.

Has anyone looked into Ichiba high-flow cats?
Old 07-08-2006, 02:05 PM
mikead_99

Originally Posted by Zardoz
William@Altered, have you heard your cats paired together with a Nismo exhaust? I'm curious as to how that sounds.

Has anyone looked into Ichiba high-flow cats?
Heh, he's heard them. AAM put a set on my car for me a few weeks ago, William was my rep. I can tell you that overall the tone is still very nice, but there is some resonance between 2k and 3k (closer to 3k) rpm's under moderate load. WOT it just screams, light accel is just a deep, very breathy tone. Louder, of course, at all rpm's. At first I was thinking I might swap out the Nismo due to the resonance, but I am actually growing to like the sound quite a bit. I still may move to a TD, but not sure which so sitting tight for now.
Old 07-08-2006, 02:24 PM
Zardoz

Alright, so it didn't get unbareably loud. Thanks for the input.

Did they fit perfectly, or did they have modify anything?
Old 07-08-2006, 03:33 PM
mikead_99

No modding to fit. They don't use the cat mounting bracket, so that came off, but that's about it.

Quick Reply: High flow cats