Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Just got the STILLEN EXHAUST

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2003, 04:41 PM
sal1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stillen Exhaust

After all this bickering, what was the purchase price??
Old 02-22-2003, 04:46 PM
Wags

Around $1,200... waiting for results, and a sound clip would be great
Old 02-22-2003, 04:47 PM
Oh4aZ

I got mine for $1,095 + shipping.
Old 02-27-2003, 01:06 PM
mschwartz26

Not sure if everyone is still arguing about the numbers that are being released by Stillen. I just got off the phone with Dean from Stillen. He told me 13 at the crank and 10 at the wheels...just thought that I would pass that along? Not sure if it will hold true or not?
Old 02-27-2003, 02:06 PM
KJ-350

Originally posted by mschwartz26
Not sure if everyone is still arguing about the numbers that are being released by Stillen. I just got off the phone with Dean from Stillen. He told me 13 at the crank and 10 at the wheels...just thought that I would pass that along? Not sure if it will hold true or not?
thanks for the info! but I honestly, seriously doubt that they completely pulled the engine and driveline of a brand new Z to bench dyno just an exhaust system! And that is the only way they can truly give / report crank numbers! cant wait until we start seeing members test them! Maybe I'm wrong, and I kind of hope I am, but I have a feeling there is going to be some pretty heavy heat on this product! Things don't and just haven't added up since this one hit!
Old 02-27-2003, 02:54 PM
zxsaint
Fairlady Stalker

Originally posted by KJ-350
cant wait until we start seeing members test them!

Totally. Whats taking so long? I know if I had just installed a mod with such controversy behind its performance, I'd get it on the dyno ASAP. Is stillen giving these guys discounts with the condition that they don't post the truth??
Old 02-27-2003, 03:10 PM
Oh4aZ

Agreed -- I think that it is total BS that they claim 13 HP without any proven documentation to back it up. Stillen has no respect for their customers.
Old 02-27-2003, 06:28 PM
lotus

I was given the Exhaust early. I had to agree to not tell anyone the HP or they would steal my car.
Old 02-27-2003, 11:18 PM
XBS
Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

are you seriouos?
Old 02-27-2003, 11:37 PM
Ari1856

Default StillenGuy Is hiding

Must be the bad publicity from all those weak supechargers they stuffed down all those poor maxima owner's throats (instead of stuffing air down the manifold).

You company's reputation has suffered. I will never buy anything from you. I don't care who is personally a "straight shooter" when your company policies tend towards poor parts and worse service.

Last edited by Ari1856; 02-27-2003 at 11:41 PM.
Old 02-28-2003, 04:19 AM
mytalon

Is Stillen to the Z as Hennessey is to the Viper?
Old 02-28-2003, 07:02 PM
Apexi350z
Charter Member #50

why don't they state hp to the wheel instead of to the crank? how the hell do you measure the crank hP? like someone else stated, pull the engine? haha..

I think I will pass.. let's see what else is out there..
Old 03-01-2003, 07:23 AM
1200tt

I hate dealing with Stealin.
I previously had a Sentra, bought the strut tower bar, found it hit my engine (even though the sales person said it's a perfect fit)
returned it, and it took 3 months and several calls to get my money charged back.

overpriced, poor quality, bad service = bad company that is high on themselves.
Old 03-01-2003, 03:43 PM
Oh4aZ

Originally posted by daytona350z
im gonna take a vid of his car tomorrow. so small vid will be up tomorrow.
i just need someone to host them for me!!!
socalkid: gimme a call whenever u wanna meet!
Do you have the vids?
Old 03-01-2003, 03:50 PM
daytona350z

Originally posted by Oh4aZ
Do you have the vids?
he couldnt make it out for me to take the vids, he was busy with family. he should be getting back to me though.
Old 03-01-2003, 05:59 PM
nismor33

Guys,

I have been reading this thread with interest. I have played with many Nissan ECU's over the years and there is certainly NO 6,500 mile restriction.

As I am not in the US I am not sure how hard this is but why dont you all get Nismo exhaust systems? They cost a bit but like anything you pay top doller and get the best equipment! These will bolt straight on, look great and acutally give power increase.

After kitting out a few Nissans with Apexi and Nismo gear I have to say that you get top quality products without all the hassle of this thread.

M
Old 03-01-2003, 06:39 PM
Wags

As I am not in the US I am not sure how hard this is but why dont you all get Nismo exhaust systems? They cost a bit but like anything you pay top doller and get the best equipment! These will bolt straight on, look great and acutally give power increase.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm mostly waiting to see how the Stealin' (I like that nick name, but hope it's not true) works out for the guy who started this thread. I think we're all stallin' and waiting for the same: some pics, sound clips, and seat of the pants opinion... installation problems. But since we're just killin time, i recentyl noticed the Nismo exhaust metiond in two places, once in a side bar, in Road & Track about the new S-Tune; Equipped with, Nismo wing, intake, exhaust, shocks, brakes.. they are only claiming 290 horse power. A gain of 3... conservative I hope. Then in Car Driver or Motor Trend, or somewher (I'm a little fuzzy right now), I read another short where someone got to test the s-tune or maybe it was one similarly equipped wih the Nismo intake and exhaust; They claimed 296. I would think/hope this is, at least what you would get (when are the ECU mods or Power Kommander's gonna get here?).

And lastly as to all the griping as to "WHAT STILLEN SHOULD DO" I wholeheartedly agree it would be nice it they posted all kinds of test results. And, be concerned enuogh to have given poor StillenGuy a good statement to post, once he got himself in the soup. My opinion is: I have been buying after market mufflers for my Harleys for years, and every muffler add makes a horse power claim and I have never seen any backed by test results, and the test results would be meaningless because everyone goes to great pains to make their Harley unique. Not to mention altitude, temp, dyno testing differences... My experience is you take all the cliams with a grain of hope, or just brag that you got what they claimed, or wait for real people to try it and tell you what they got with their configuration.

Of course it's good to know when customers have been treated bady, had problems with the products... but I wanted one of these... maybe... So that finally gets us back to the point. Any news on the install, a sound clip would be great.
Old 03-01-2003, 08:44 PM
GY-Z

Default off topic

who knows how much gain in hp does nismo exhaust do?
and the weight of it?
thanx!
Old 03-01-2003, 08:55 PM
Wags

As far as I know it's weightless, hey .
Old 03-03-2003, 06:58 AM
stillenguy

Hey Guys...'Tis I once more. I'm not really hiding, I'm still reading all your posts to see what all you have to say and listen to the concerns, and I'm writing here now against managerial (and webmaster) advice. More than likely, it will be the last time you hear from me.

I think I should let you all know, one of the reasons so many tuners out there weren't able to make too much power with the Z is simple, they didn't really take enough time to develop their products. I'm not bashing, only stating what I feel to be the truth.

Stillen was one of the first companies to receive pre-production 350Z sports cars, and we took forever to learn how the cars worked from the factory. It frustrated me to no end, because I was so antsy to get parts out there!! But, Steve and the R&D department were right. Only when you understand how the stock car is designed can you figure out how to make more power. I see the claims made by competitors, and the findings from magazines as well, and am really proud of the work Stillen has done.

I have a lot of faith in the components we've developed for this car. Steve's car is completely laden in our stuff for testing purposes. He drives it every day to make certain that it's going to all work properly, and so far, there have been no issues. It just goes fast, stops on a dime, and corners (forgive the movie line) like it's on rails.

I'm sorry if I upset you guys by only being able to post the exhaust horsepower gain number I have. That was not my intention in the slightest. You all have my email because of this posting, a few of you have actually used it, and I thank you for that, and invite you to continue to do so if you have further questions.

Don Weberg
Marketing Coordinator
STILLEN

Quick Reply: Just got the STILLEN EXHAUST