Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Any Fast Intentions reviews yet?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 10:50 AM
hunter6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Fast Intentions reviews yet?

There was a lot of talk recently about the Fast Intentions cat back. Has anyone purchased it? Comments/reviews/performance gains? Does it indeed stop the drone as they claim?
Old 07-21-2006, 01:43 PM
Pez D. Spencer

They have several good reports on the G35 site.
Old 07-22-2006, 02:45 AM
knicksinny

I just installed it two days ago, I had a couple of problems with the install because it didn't come with instructions and the passanger muffler was hitting against a heat sheild. I called Fast Intentions and they faxed me the directions on the walk around the heat shield. Another problem I had was the piping going to the passanger exhaust was making contact with the rear sway bar. Now I have a cusco aftermarket rear sway which is much thicker than stock. I called Fast Intentions and they gave me several suggestions and so far I don't hear any rattling from contact with the rear sway bar.
As for the exhaust the workmanship was top quality. The welds are very nice as well as the muffler, seabring tech, and x-pipe, magna flow.
The sound was not as quiet as I had hoped. I bought this to replace a nismo exhaust that I felt was too loud and while this exhaust is a little less loud than the nismo I would of preffered a quieter exhaust.
I absolutly love the way this exhaust looks! The dual mufflers look so much better than the nismo or stock. The tips sit perfectly and the angles of the muffler are perfect.
Performance wise I havn't really pushed the car hard yet so I don't know. I am not expecting much difference over nismo but I didn't buy this exhaust for the performance I bought it more for sound and appearance.

Positives:
Looks (This of course is personal opinion but I love how the exhaust looks on the car)
Customer service (Both problems I had were resolved with a call to Fast Intentions, Its nice when you have a problem you can make a quick phone call and talk to the person who design and built the exhaust)
Workmanship and materials

Negatives:
Mine didn't come with directions but when I called they faxed me the directions withen minutes.
Sound (I would of preferred a little bit more quiet. Again this is my personal opinion and many people would probably want it louder!)
Old 07-22-2006, 06:30 AM
hunter6

knicksinny,
That's a great review thanks! You said it is a litttle too loud for your taste but have you noticed it droning at all?
Old 07-22-2006, 06:36 AM
mikead_99

Originally Posted by hunter6
knicksinny,
That's a great review thanks! You said it is a litttle too loud for your taste but have you noticed it droning at all?
+1, I have a very annoying resonance, between 2.5k-3k rpm with the Nismo and HFC's. Did the Fast Intentions cat back do anything to even out the tone for you?
Old 07-22-2006, 06:45 AM
ISMSOLUTIONS

Hey there -

Glad you like the system and the service Tony gave you when you needed it.

There are 5 or so other reviews on the G35Driver site as well from recent installs if you guys want to check out as well in the exhaust section as well as a few in the GB section too.

Thanks for your support!

Rick and the Fast Intentions Team
Old 07-22-2006, 07:37 AM
StarcraftBW

it seems like all of us who want to buy a good perform exhaust and quiet, but so far I could not even find one yet. I've been thru 3 after market exhausts and EVER found the right one .... very sad.......

Originally Posted by knicksinny
I just installed it two days ago, I had a couple of problems with the install because it didn't come with instructions and the passanger muffler was hitting against a heat sheild. I called Fast Intentions and they faxed me the directions on the walk around the heat shield. Another problem I had was the piping going to the passanger exhaust was making contact with the rear sway bar. Now I have a cusco aftermarket rear sway which is much thicker than stock. I called Fast Intentions and they gave me several suggestions and so far I don't hear any rattling from contact with the rear sway bar.
As for the exhaust the workmanship was top quality. The welds are very nice as well as the muffler, seabring tech, and x-pipe, magna flow.
The sound was not as quiet as I had hoped. I bought this to replace a nismo exhaust that I felt was too loud and while this exhaust is a little less loud than the nismo I would of preffered a quieter exhaust.
I absolutly love the way this exhaust looks! The dual mufflers look so much better than the nismo or stock. The tips sit perfectly and the angles of the muffler are perfect.
Performance wise I havn't really pushed the car hard yet so I don't know. I am not expecting much difference over nismo but I didn't buy this exhaust for the performance I bought it more for sound and appearance.

Positives:
Looks (This of course is personal opinion but I love how the exhaust looks on the car)
Customer service (Both problems I had were resolved with a call to Fast Intentions, Its nice when you have a problem you can make a quick phone call and talk to the person who design and built the exhaust)
Workmanship and materials

Negatives:
Mine didn't come with directions but when I called they faxed me the directions withen minutes.
Sound (I would of preferred a little bit more quiet. Again this is my personal opinion and many people would probably want it louder!)
Old 07-22-2006, 08:41 AM
FrickU

Thats good to hear, Great Review, I love the look and sound of that exhaust
Old 07-24-2006, 02:56 AM
knicksinny

Originally Posted by hunter6
knicksinny,
There is a little bit of drone but much better than than the nismo exhaust.
I said it is not as quiet as I would like but at the same time I have HFC on the car which significantly increase the sound of the exhaust.
Overall I am very happy with this exhaust and would recommend it.
Old 08-15-2006, 03:07 PM
ptran07

Just got this exhaust installed and I love the way it sounds. I haven't noticed any drone whatsoever. It does sound like a louder version of the stock exhaust as advertised.

The only thing I don't like about it is the size of the tips. Too small in my opinion. It doesn't have the bling factor that's seen with Japanese brands, but I guess this is pure personal opinion and preference. If you want a stealthy looking exhaust then this is for you. I highly recommend this exhaust for the above reasons.
Old 08-15-2006, 06:06 PM
ISMSOLUTIONS

Originally Posted by knicksinny
There is a little bit of drone but much better than than the nismo exhaust.
I said it is not as quiet as I would like but at the same time I have HFC on the car which significantly increase the sound of the exhaust.
Overall I am very happy with this exhaust and would recommend it.
You can introduce some drone when testpipes and/or highflow CATS or headers are added, though it should and would be very minimal.

Glad you like the system...RICK
Old 08-15-2006, 06:07 PM
ISMSOLUTIONS

Originally Posted by ptran07
Just got this exhaust installed and I love the way it sounds. I haven't noticed any drone whatsoever. It does sound like a louder version of the stock exhaust as advertised.

The only thing I don't like about it is the size of the tips. Too small in my opinion. It doesn't have the bling factor that's seen with Japanese brands, but I guess this is pure personal opinion and preference. If you want a stealthy looking exhaust then this is for you. I highly recommend this exhaust for the above reasons.
Thanks man - glad you like it!!!

Rick
Old 08-15-2006, 07:47 PM
Vq.turbo.DremZ

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Could you do a center exit with larger tips?
Old 08-15-2006, 07:49 PM
ISMSOLUTIONS

Originally Posted by Vq.turbo.DremZ
Could you do a center exit with larger tips?
We can do larger tips - but we're not going to redesign the rest of the system and jigs for a center exit.

We can do custom work for those that would like it, if they are local it is much easier for everyone, as we don't have template cars laying around, but we can do it.

Rick
Old 08-15-2006, 08:00 PM
Vq.turbo.DremZ

Unfortunatly i'm not local so i guess the center exit idea is out of the question? but larger tips would be a plus...
Old 08-15-2006, 08:06 PM
ISMSOLUTIONS

Unfortunatly i'm not local so i guess the center exit idea is out of the question? but larger tips would be a plus...
Yea - we have a new tip we are testing out - only on a few vehicles right now. They are 4 1/2". We also have another which is 5", but no slash cut, and no pics yet on those.

Any Fast Intentions reviews yet?-dsc01248.jpgAny Fast Intentions reviews yet?-dsc01249.jpg
Old 08-15-2006, 08:31 PM
Vq.turbo.DremZ

They look oval, but looks pretty good. Price quote for larger tips, resonated test pipes with extra bung.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:38 PM
ISMSOLUTIONS

They look oval, but looks pretty good. Price quote for larger tips, resonated test pipes with extra bung.
Not oval...just the angle...

Call the shop and ask for Tony for pricing....
Old 08-15-2006, 08:43 PM
Vq.turbo.DremZ

Oh, an estimate then? Also, any need to mention the forum at all?
Old 08-15-2006, 08:49 PM
ISMSOLUTIONS

Oh, an estimate then? Also, any need to mention the forum at all?
Sorry - not in a place where I have the prices handy - check the website though www.fastintentions.com

Just let Tony know we chatted on the 350Z board tonight...

Rick

Quick Reply: Any Fast Intentions reviews yet?