Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Just installed Mrev2 + Spacer...thoughts,comments and questions.

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 09:22 PM
Mazinger Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Just installed Mrev2 + Spacer...thoughts,comments and questions.

Everything went fairly smooth, as this was my first plenum/spacer install. I still have to put back the strut bar but I took the car out for a 10 minute drive just to see if everything's functional.

The thing that I was worried about was a loose hoses/leaks but there doesn't seem to be any. I also installed the coolant control valve (but I didn't use any teflon putty but I'll probably go pick some up tommorow).

What I did notice was a slight jump in overall power of the car (no duh!). I disconnected my battery last night and did the install this afternoon.

My question is, will the ECU have to get used to this new mod? I was hoping for more power so I'm wondering if there will be any increases as I drive the car more. I also have a Borla TD and Popcharger...will the ECU have to get used to those too? But in the 10 minute drive, my butt dyno told me that there was definitely more kick in the lower/mid range rpms...any comments would be apprecitated!

Edit: As for the Coolant Control Valve (CCV), I just checked it for leaks...there's seems to be a clear liquid coming from both sides of the valve...I'm guessing this isn't normal. Also, the ends don't seem to screw in all the way...it's probably 3/4 of the way in. I'm going to get some putty tomorrow, for the time being...safe or not safe to drive?

Last edited by Mazinger Z; 10-04-2006 at 09:53 PM.
Old 10-05-2006, 04:47 AM
z-u-later

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can run the engine and listen for leaks. The hoses do not go all the way into the CCV but that's okay. I definitely would add the putty as soon as you can. The coolant leak is normal.

After installing mine, I definitely felt more pull in the low/mid RPMs. Of course, that was combined with the install of my Popcharger.

When reinstalling your strut bar, it may rub on the plenum -- just use the spacer washers provided with the kit to raise the strut a bit.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:43 PM
Mazinger Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe Tony can comment on this?
Old 10-05-2006, 02:11 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

The CEL is a good diagnostic tool. If it is OFF then the install is OK.

If the car is running well, leave the ECU alone. Resets are unnecessary.

I don't trust the butt dyno. Ever.
Old 10-05-2006, 02:14 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Please see my thread "My progress with cipher" for the car's behavior after a few thousand miles with MREV2 and spacer install.

It is in the Engine/drivetrain forum.

You will see exactly where AFR, timing, etc values are.

The stock ECU is not optimized for performance... but that can be changed...
Old 10-05-2006, 02:14 PM
oman

Originally Posted by bugsbbunny
Everything went fairly smooth, as this was my first plenum/spacer install. I still have to put back the strut bar but I took the car out for a 10 minute drive just to see if everything's functional.

The thing that I was worried about was a loose hoses/leaks but there doesn't seem to be any. I also installed the coolant control valve (but I didn't use any teflon putty but I'll probably go pick some up tommorow).

What I did notice was a slight jump in overall power of the car (no duh!). I disconnected my battery last night and did the install this afternoon.

My question is, will the ECU have to get used to this new mod? I was hoping for more power so I'm wondering if there will be any increases as I drive the car more. I also have a Borla TD and Popcharger...will the ECU have to get used to those too? But in the 10 minute drive, my butt dyno told me that there was definitely more kick in the lower/mid range rpms...any comments would be apprecitated!

Edit: As for the Coolant Control Valve (CCV), I just checked it for leaks...there's seems to be a clear liquid coming from both sides of the valve...I'm guessing this isn't normal. Also, the ends don't seem to screw in all the way...it's probably 3/4 of the way in. I'm going to get some putty tomorrow, for the time being...safe or not safe to drive?

Dude post pix!!!!!! and how much did you pay? where did yopu get it???
Old 10-05-2006, 02:18 PM
blueper4mancez

i hope it gained 15hp as MD claimed , mine is coming tomorow can't wait .
Old 10-05-2006, 03:17 PM
titanjc

UPS claims mine should be in tomorrow as well... can't wait to do the install this weekend!
Old 10-05-2006, 04:54 PM
masterj26

Originally Posted by oman
Dude post pix!!!!!! and how much did you pay? where did yopu get it???

there is GB on them from Darren at Intense, search on here and u will find it