Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Member with K&N Filter , Question for you!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2003, 07:11 PM
Ricky
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Member with K&N Filter , Question for you!

Did any of you notice a nice soft hum while in lower gears, and at lower speeds ( Below 30mph ) ? I now hear a nice soft hum, kind of like a turbo, sounds very sexy.. anyone else get this sound?

Also, I noticed a big difference in how smooth the car is in idle, not sure about power gains, because it's very hard to tell if power was added (1-3hp) by sitting in it, but it does seem to have slightly better accleration, not sure if it's my head, or really does.
Old 03-14-2003, 07:33 PM
droideka

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Read the fine print in my sig...
Old 03-14-2003, 11:33 PM
slay2k

Ricky - I don't hear any kinda hum... just a slightly fuzzier overall exhaust note. VERY VERY miniscule, barely noticeable. No hiss.

Droid, I call BS on that.

Do you realize you would see that kinda difference just between running 2 dynos, about 5 min apart from each other ? The car is very sensitive to heat and many other factors.

There's no way you'd see such a specific gain/loss unless you ran many tests within the same parameters. Why don't you clarify how you got those results ?
Old 03-15-2003, 06:15 AM
droideka

Originally posted by slay2k
Ricky - I don't hear any kinda hum... just a slightly fuzzier overall exhaust note. VERY VERY miniscule, barely noticeable. No hiss.

Droid, I call BS on that.

Do you realize you would see that kinda difference just between running 2 dynos, about 5 min apart from each other ? The car is very sensitive to heat and many other factors.

There's no way you'd see such a specific gain/loss unless you ran many tests within the same parameters. Why don't you clarify how you got those results ?
I will GLADY quantify those results!

Read this thread. Make note of the mention of the conditions, almost identical with the temps being 1-2 degrees higher on the second series of runs. Pay attention to the baseline with the K&N (runs 001-003) and how I gained < one (1) HP on each successive run. Pay closer attention to the Paper element runs (004-006) where I hit 241.2 HP right out of the gate.

Still call BS? I guess SKiDaZZLe's ZERO gains from the INJEN is ******** too, huh? I tell you what is ********, putting mods on while the car is strapped to the dyno and claiming victory. SKiDaZZLe and I both ran our respective "mods" in for a good number of miles before going back to the dyno. I dropped that paper element in a full seven days in advance and put ~275 miles on the car. The ECU does not adjust in 15 minutes of driving as some manufacturers are claiming.

Note: SKiDaZZLe's runs were actually 002 and 005, one month apart, not 002 and 003 as I erroneously stated in that original thread.
Old 03-15-2003, 09:17 AM
jmark

Droid,

Whens the NISMO kit going on? I am eager to hear your opinion on the NISMO suspension vs. the stock bounce. Check out the thread on the Eibach install. Kinda of interesting.
Old 03-15-2003, 02:04 PM
slay2k

Droid,

You think the Nismo air filter will make any difference ?