Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

kinetix ssv results on built twin turbo motor

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 11:08 AM
bldrz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kinetix ssv results on built twin turbo motor

Hi guys, I thought I would start a new thread on our results. We tested our Z with the crawford plenum we have been running for two years and then changed over to the ssv intake. We gained an average of 17 lbs of tq and 26 hp at the wheels uncorrected on both. We have a relatively high stall on our tranny and were running the street tires. On all four test runs we had slight wheelspin and could not build full boost. But the comparisons are as close as possible to see what the gains would or would not be. Overall I believe this intake (ssv) will gain power and tq for our application. We will run the car this spring when the dragstrip reopens and be able to post an update as to the real world performance with this intake installed. The results were about what we expected, but wanted to confirm on the dyno before installing the direct port nitrous. Thanks, Jason
Old 11-17-2006, 11:12 AM
Nismo 350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont know the claims for the SSV on FI motors, but overall the SSV tends to lose hp. Its a nice looking piece but for you with a TT, a MREV2 and/or spacer might be a better option.
Old 11-17-2006, 11:27 AM
bldrz

Nismo 350z, This is the only intake that we have found that will allow us to run a direct port nitrous set-up. My "gut" tells me that this intake will have a bigger impact down the dragstrip. Dynos are nice but it is hard to argue with a timeslip. I believe the gains at the track will be bigger than the gains on the dyno. We had great results with the crawford plenum and would have kept it on our Z if we were not going to add the nitrous set-up. Thanks, Jason
Old 11-17-2006, 11:44 AM
zman1910

Originally Posted by bldrz
Nismo 350z, This is the only intake that we have found that will allow us to run a direct port nitrous set-up. My "gut" tells me that this intake will have a bigger impact down the dragstrip. Dynos are nice but it is hard to argue with a timeslip. I believe the gains at the track will be bigger than the gains on the dyno. We had great results with the crawford plenum and would have kept it on our Z if we were not going to add the nitrous set-up. Thanks, Jason
By that standard, you would need to make runs with every single manifold out there to compare. I think its consistently been proven that dynos are a better reference to power output than quarter mile times.. You'd have to be pretty consistent with your times also. IMO there is too much error involved and its just idiotic to compare the effectiveness of a manifold to quarter times vs a dyno chart..

You could get the best time with your stock mainfold for all we know...simply because you got a better launch that day
Old 11-17-2006, 11:56 AM
bldrz

zman, If that were one of a few minor mods and we were running a manual I would agree, but we have installed a th350 tranny and a fairly potent engine, at this level of boost I believe the runners will have an impact greater than what was shown on the dyno. The car ran consistent et's and mph all last summer. I believe we will see a difference, if not and it runs the same times thats okay. Our primary reason to switch intakes is to add the nitrous. I have a feeling that will improve the numbers and times. I agree this manifold may lose power and tq on a na motor, but I wanted to post up some results for a built FI motor. Thanks, Jason
Old 11-17-2006, 12:13 PM
bldrz

zman1910, I just read over the previous posts above and wanted to clarify. I believe in most circumstances a dyno is a better tool for measuring gains( it would be next to impossible to notice a 20rwhp at the track). However, in this particular case I believe our cars et and mph may be more indicitive of gains with the manifold. I just wanted to share the results that we gained hp and tq beyond the gains of the crawford plenum take that info for what it is, not trying to start controversy. Thanks, Jason
Old 11-17-2006, 12:16 PM
zman1910

No worries..just didn't quite get it