Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Those of you who has JWT PoP Charger

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 11:13 PM
pss350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did a stupid one time at high speed. Was doing about 120 and coming up to my off ramp so took it out of gear to coast then applied the brakes and noticed nothing was really happening. Ended up jamming on the brake as hard as I could to slow down a tad all the while two arming the steering wheel with all i had to make the first turn of two. The car was gradually sliding out towards the gravel and wooden posts linked with heavey gauge wire, I knew if I touched that gravel I was toast. I noticed at this point that the car was off cause all the warning lights (abs, traction, etc.) were on but I couldn't take my hand off the wheel to throw it back in gear till the end of the first turn. Once out I quickly slammed into the 3rd and the car came back to life. I hit the brakes and made the next turn with ease. I was trembling the rest of the ride home. My gf noticed I was pale as hell and this was about 10 min later.

I don't take the car out of gear anymore.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:19 AM
ARMSTRONGARMS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no prob's for me?
Old 03-20-2007, 09:11 AM
noodleman

Originally Posted by pss350z
I did a stupid one time at high speed. Was doing about 120 and coming up to my off ramp so took it out of gear to coast then applied the brakes and noticed nothing was really happening. Ended up jamming on the brake as hard as I could to slow down a tad all the while two arming the steering wheel with all i had to make the first turn of two. The car was gradually sliding out towards the gravel and wooden posts linked with heavey gauge wire, I knew if I touched that gravel I was toast. I noticed at this point that the car was off cause all the warning lights (abs, traction, etc.) were on but I couldn't take my hand off the wheel to throw it back in gear till the end of the first turn. Once out I quickly slammed into the 3rd and the car came back to life. I hit the brakes and made the next turn with ease. I was trembling the rest of the ride home. My gf noticed I was pale as hell and this was about 10 min later.

I don't take the car out of gear anymore.
+1, that's the only problem i've had, and only happened once. reset my ecu (by unplugging the battery) and never happeend again.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:23 PM
s3fddiZ

The only problem I had was cutting myself on a screw installing it...freakin bled for 5 minutes. PopCharger FTL for that one
Old 03-21-2007, 11:44 PM
diwun67

The only problem I had with my pop charger was too much power Other than that, no problems in the 31,000+ miles it's been on
Old 03-22-2007, 12:54 PM
gothchick

Only prob with the pop charger is heat soak.

Last edited by gothchick; 05-15-2007 at 06:36 AM.
Old 03-23-2007, 07:56 PM
BornSlippyZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FairLadyz916
hmm i have the pop charger installed on my 06 z...and there hasn't been one problem yet..i love it... it is the best bang for the buck..
Yes it was but as you know Sacto has a lot of "dust" and Dirt on the road so since I have been living here I have to clean my filter more often then when I lived in So cal.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:00 PM
Track

Originally Posted by 2004Black350z
Aight I got a 05 also and the popcharger is SWEET!!! but there is one down fall though if your reving real high and you put the clutch in and let the RPM fall it will cut off sumtimes. It has happened to me maybe 4 times. I have had it for maybe 6 months. But I def dont regret it!!!
Here it is again!

Does anyone have any clue as to why this happens to some people? Anyone know of a "fix?" This is the second time in two hours that I've read this complaint.

C'mon guys. There really has to be a "bottom line" here. I've been reading about this damn thing for months now and continue to get nothing but conflicting information and lots of suggestions to "search" for even more conflicting reports, ambiguous answers, and random (and unexplained) responses.

Does anyone, anyone at know anything about this issue? I want to buy one of these things, but not if it is going to cause problems. I've spent weeks on this issue and there does not seem to be any definitive answer. Yet.

Anyone?
Old 04-21-2007, 02:48 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Track
Here it is again!

Does anyone have any clue as to why this happens to some people? Anyone know of a "fix?" This is the second time in two hours that I've read this complaint.

C'mon guys. There really has to be a "bottom line" here. I've been reading about this damn thing for months now and continue to get nothing but conflicting information and lots of suggestions to "search" for even more conflicting reports, ambiguous answers, and random (and unexplained) responses.

Does anyone, anyone at know anything about this issue? I want to buy one of these things, but not if it is going to cause problems. I've spent weeks on this issue and there does not seem to be any definitive answer. Yet.

Anyone?
I'll bet you it won't happen if you raise your idle.

Also, I guarantee you it won't happen if you drive your car properly.
Old 04-21-2007, 03:42 PM
Track

Originally Posted by Wired 24/7
I'll bet you it won't happen if you raise your idle.
Hmm... Interesting thought! Thanks for the help!

Has anyone tried this with any degree of success?
Old 04-22-2007, 12:37 AM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

No problems, had mine well over a year now. Taken road trips, road races, drag strip time, etc.
Old 04-22-2007, 06:36 AM
Reality350

Great product, I would highly recommend.
As wired said, you will not have ANY issues if you drive properly.

Good luck!
Old 04-22-2007, 08:28 AM
JAB_06-350Z

...however, with the pop charger, you almost always want to take it to 5k + rpms just to hear the awesome sound. I guess that's why my gas mileage is slightly lower.

oh, not to mention what deeper sound the Motordyne MREV2 + 5/16" Spacer gave it. Yeah baby!
Old 04-22-2007, 10:22 AM
wintermute

Default Possible POP Charger Stalling Fix?

I don't know if anyone has tried this, but back in the 300ZX days, I remember people having the same problem and using a 1.5" wide strip of aluminum tape on the seam of the filter to fix it. Here's a couple messages about it:

http://twinturbo.net/net/viewmsg.asp...cal&dtSearch=4

http://twinturbo.net/net/viewmsg.asp...cal&dtSearch=2

I think the explanation was that the stock MAF is designed to measure turbulent flow, and with the POP the flow becomes laminar. The strip of tape trips the air back over to turbulent. I have *not* tried this, but seems simple enough for someone with the stalling problem to test.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:25 AM
JDMFairladyZ33

Originally Posted by Cannysage

I really wish I can install one of those on my car. I'll help me with my road rage problem.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:36 AM
roland_of_g

Just make sure your A/C lines to not rub on the housing. After a few thousand miles of rubbing you might spring a leak.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:47 AM
black06z

I still don't get the association of intake and problems.
Its practically the most easiest and safest mod you can do.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:46 PM
Vin Diesel

What is best to buy Ingen cold air intake or pop charger, and who makes the best. Looking to purchase this weekend..Thanks
Old 04-28-2007, 12:18 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Vin Diesel
What is best to buy Ingen cold air intake or pop charger, and who makes the best. Looking to purchase this weekend..Thanks
Read this
https://my350z.com/forum/intake-exhaust/261870-intake-exhaust-rules-faq-you-must-read-before-posting-updated-5-21-07-a.html
Old 04-28-2007, 07:21 PM
Vin Diesel

We getting techincal out here now....thanks for the posting tips. I will research myself. Peace

Quick Reply: Those of you who has JWT PoP Charger