Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

New ARC True Dual Ti. Exhaust Pics!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 11:35 PM
ActionJackson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't care how much it weighs. Unless the exhaust added 100-150 hp to our cars I doubt they'll sell more than 1 of these in the US for the $6800 price point. Now if their intention was to price it out of anyone's reach and only available on the Shadow car then mission accomplished.

Last edited by ActionJackson; 04-05-2007 at 11:40 PM.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:49 PM
Volk350Z
Master

Originally Posted by ShinobiR
As for the welding I know most great welders weld the inside of the flange to keep any serious flow issues with the exhaust gases. Not the inside of the piping. On Titanium a double welded seam would create a brittle zone prone to possible cracks when cooling.
Very true..
Old 04-05-2007, 11:50 PM
Volk350Z
Master

Originally Posted by ActionJackson
I don't care how much it weighs. Unless the exhaust added 100-150 hp to our cars I doubt they'll sell more than 1 of these in the US for the $6800 price point. Now if their intention was to price it out of anyone's reach and only available on the Shadow car then mission accomplished.
well arc sold 2 of these exhaust for the us market..
Old 04-05-2007, 11:55 PM
Volk350Z
Master

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
If you are a truely talented fabricator you can weld both inside and out and not affect flow. Are you really going to tell me the minute amount of material added to the inside of the piping is going to affect flow so drastically it will make a difference? If so then you chose the wrong size piping to begin with. Secondly if you weld the inside portion and then grind it down it would add maybe a few thou of material overall and not affect flow whatsoever. Hell my $598 Apexi WS2 exhaust was welded inside and out... Just becuase other ARC parts are high quality doesn't mean I can't question something in a publicly release picture. HKS has proven their quality to me several times over the years and is part of the reason I run their coilovers. Does that mean no one should check their other products? Their LS+ coilovers have been great on my car but their fabrication on their recent batch of TD exausts was garbage. I don't care who the company is. If I see something questionable being sold for top dollar I'm going to call it out. You act likes its a sin to say anything bad about ARC. Not everyone is perfect. That includes HKS, Greddy, ARC, Top Secret, or any other company out there. The bottom line is they could just weld the entire exterior seam and make me happy. But the photo showed TACK welds. What part of that don't YOU get. If the post said it was proto I never would have said a word. But it was spoken of like a released product.
so why don't you include some US turbo company on that list as well...

ARC has to have a better quality control, they make parts for 90% of the OEM race Team in Japan. If they make an exhaust that have crappy welding or crack it will come back to them.. All of their titanium parts are hand welded then check before sold, not mass produced parts like other companies.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:57 PM
aren21

yeaahh....no thanks....thats as much as a damn turbo kit!! What are the gains....150 whp??
Old 04-05-2007, 11:59 PM
AboostedG
Twin Spoolin

Originally Posted by Volk350Z
cause the amuse use stainless steel piping and the grade of the titanium is higher then Amuse.

have you ever seen an ARC finish titanium products?? if not i wouldn't be talking.. this is their proto version.
Just cause some people can't afford it they have to talk **** about it

All Nismo Titanium and cooling parts is made by ARC, the car you seen is Shadow Motorsport's car in Japan (JGTC500 Driver for Nismo) personal car. ARC don't want to make an exhaust for the Z market cause they know that guys that own Z can't really afford this but they made one for Shadow for prototype.

Not True, Full Titanium Exhaust with Cat Delete cost over 7800.00 (for 2 feet of piping and muffler) by Kreissieg..

Nope.. I had one before.. piping is Stainless Steel and the muffler is not full titanium either..

Pretty much this exhaust is to say that ARC does offer it for Z they know they will only sell 1-2 but they do offer it..

Well I personally haven't heard of any ARC welding problem so when you were talking $Hit about their weld then of course I will reply back. The only reason why arc made this exhaust is Shadow Motorsports ask them to, not really intended for anyone to really buy it. Just to show people they can make it if you really want one.

FYI this is the only True Dual Full Titanium Exhaust on the market for the Z

also these exhaust is made by ARC for Dixis (jdm BMW tuner) M3 & M5. The M5 exhaust MSRP for 5880.00 and these sell out pretty fast. M3 rear section only msrp for 2800.00

lol.. you can't seams welded the inside of any EXHAUST.. if you weld the inside of any piping it will effect the flow...

well if you said that you know and see arc welding before then why would you even state "for $6000 I would hope they would weld the entire seem inside and out.".. pretty much any one that Know ARC parts know that all ARC weld is perfect and never half A$$..

Well I'll ask Andy to add on a note of his post that the pix is a prototype....

if you don't know wouldn't you just ask??? or do you just assumpptions??

Very true..

well arc sold 2 of these exhaust for the us market..

ARC has to have a better quality control, they make parts for 90% of the OEM race Team in Japan. If they make an exhaust that have crappy welding or crack it will come back to them.. All of their titanium parts are hand welded then check before sold, not mass produced parts like other companies.

Dude, you need to get the sand out of your vagina and get your panties out of the wad for real. There's lots of people that can afford it if they want too, but for an exhaust marked at that price is just stupid for our cars with the specs that's listed. Wow, it's full titanium true dual, big f*cking whoop. Stop acting like a know it all wannabe to compensate for your small stature, just cause someone comes here with their own opinion which is their own right.

"Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

So, til further specs, info, gains, pics, vids, sound clips, non-prototypes, etc... etc... comes out, you're damn right everyone will be speculating about this product regardless if ARC makes, even though they do come out with quality JDM products. If you don't like what I have to say or others, I could give a rats ***, so stuff it in your corn pipe and smoke on that for a lil while.....cause i'm not in the mood to hear it, just like others don't want to hear your drivel. All we need to hear from is the OP.

Last edited by AboostedG; 04-06-2007 at 12:34 PM.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:04 AM
Volk350Z
Master

Originally Posted by AFitchTLS
Dude, you need to get the sand out of your vagina and get your panties out of the wad for real. There's lots of people that can afford it if they want too, but for an exhaust marked at that price is just stupid for our cars with the specs that's listed. Wow, it's full titanium true dual, big f*cking whoop. Stop acting like a know it all wannabe to compensate for your small stature, just cause someone comes here with their own opinion which is their own right.

"Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

So, til further specs, info, gains, pics, vids, sound clips, non-prototypes, etc... etc... comes out, you're damn right everyone will be speculating about this product regardless if ARC makes, even though they do come out with quality JDM products. If you don't like what I have to say or others, I could give a rats ***, so stuff it in your corn pipe and smoke on that for a lil while.....cause i'm not in the mood to hear it, just like others don't want to hear your drivel. All we need to hear from is the OP.
I'm only on here cause the OP ask me to.. I sent him the pix and spec that ARC provide to me..
Old 04-06-2007, 12:04 AM
AboostedG
Twin Spoolin

Okay, good for you.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:05 AM
JDMFairladyZ33

Originally Posted by AFitchTLS

"Amendment I

LOL Boy talk about not pulling any punches.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:11 AM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have to agree unless the exhaust makes massive gains then I myself can't justify that price even if I had the money in my pocket right now regardless of who makes it. I could see paying that amount for other mods that makes real power numbers but for a exhaust.........hell no
Old 04-06-2007, 12:41 AM
TayTaythatsme04

^^^ +1
Old 04-06-2007, 12:56 AM
zman1910

And here I was thinking that 2k was way too much for an exhaust...
Old 04-06-2007, 01:16 AM
ASTIG_Z

Volk350z,

As like you said, this exhaust is not targeted for the general public. With that being said, no further justification is needed as far as price point, weight savings, and power gains. The ARC brand speaks for itself.

Its cool that there is this exhaust is available to us, but the general consensus for the exhaust is the cost/benefit comparisons are not the favorable here to the general public. Hell i can afford this exhaust, but would i purchase it? ummm, no....

Your audience in this thread is the Z community, not some Super GT engineers or sponsors. Please refrain from "educating" us on this exhaust anymore. Also, know that you do represent your company even though you are not a sponsor. Know your target audience bro.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:02 AM
Driven1
Professional

I'm only on here cause the OP ask me to.. I sent him the pix and spec that ARC provide to me..

That doesn't make alot of sense. Why did he post the pics for you and then ask you to monitor the responses to make sure they don't get bashed. Can you not post the pics yourself?

I just think Volk has passionate love for ARC. J/K this thread was getting to serious for me. Noone who even posted here has one so whats the fuss all about? Even if they did who cares what others spend their money on and how is that your business?
Old 04-06-2007, 05:36 AM
Kwame

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ASTIG_Z
Volk350z,

As like you said, this exhaust is not targeted for the general public. With that being said, no further justification is needed as far as price point, weight savings, and power gains. The ARC brand speaks for itself.

Its cool that there is this exhaust is available to us, but the general consensus for the exhaust is the cost/benefit comparisons are not the favorable here to the general public. Hell i can afford this exhaust, but would i purchase it? ummm, no....

Your audience in this thread is the Z community, not some Super GT engineers or sponsors. Please refrain from "educating" us on this exhaust anymore. Also, know that you do represent your company even though you are not a sponsor. Know your target audience bro.
I don't understand how you can say that because a majority of the people who posted in this thread wouldn't think to purchase this exhaust that the specs on the exhaust should be withheld. For the simple fact that the cost was provided, the other aspects of the exhaust such as the weight and design benefits should be posted as well.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:13 AM
MIAPLAYA

I didn't include because as is obvious to everyone else you are so pro Japanese parts its funny. In the past companies like HKS, Trust, Top Secret, and ARC have been held in the highest regard for their quality. And to be honest I have used many of their products in the past and have been exceedinly happy with their quality. In case you missed I HAVE HKS COILOVERS ON MY CAR. I have Cusco A Arms, an Apexi exhaust, the list goes on. The problem is these companies quality have seen a slight decrease of late. HKS exhaust H pipe is a prime example among others like Veilside. My simple point to everyone was that any consumer spending $6,000 should be educated on what they are getting and question things that don't seem right. Tack welds on that flange are not "quality" welds. OK so you don't weld the entire inside seem. There's no reason you can't weld the outside seam. Tanabe does, Trust does, HKS does, etc. I'm sure ARC will too but prior to my post no one said it was a prototype. That sentence would have stopped any questions ahead of time. Instead you go into hyper-defense mode because someone who has a clue asked why for $6,000 they were getting an exhaust flange that was tack welded. I know who you work for and represent. I'm well aware of your vested interest in this. All you had to say was this was a prototype and that the seam would be fully welded in production units. But I guess we can keep going back and forth since you can't seem to understand that a CONSUMER (US) has the right to question any potential quality issues in a publicly released picture of an exhaust system. Furthermore a small tip, if you want to sell more of these stop telling the people on this board that ARC knows no one can afford this exhaust and only did it cause they were asked to. The air of superiority isn't going to go over well in THIS target market. And just so we're clear heres a picture of my $600 Apexi exhaust with the full seam welded

For $6,000 the weld better look as good if not better then that...
Old 04-06-2007, 06:19 AM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

.....ARC don't want to make an exhaust for the Z market cause they know that guys that own Z can't really afford this........
Thanks for the input......for this I'll NEVER own an ARC product out of f^ck!ing principal.....

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
First off yes I have seen ARC finish products and am well aware of what they do. Secondly if the OP had posted this was a proto I never would have asked the question. Third given my point that no one except you knew it was a prototype I am perfectly correct in questioning that. Considering the recent quality issues on HKS exhaust systems (see the H pipe thread if you don't follow that) every consumer should know full well what they are getting before they part with their money. $6000+ for an exhaust is STEEP even for ARC. If they didn't want educated consumer to question them then they shouldn't release prototype photos to their vendors for public release. And as an FYI I could pick up two of those exhausts today but that money is ear marked for the track car i'm building...
Agreed.....

Originally Posted by turismo
I dont think he was talking sheit! He was pointing out that, knowone but you, knew that this was a prototype. This should have been noted in the beginning, so there wouldnt have been any assumptions or confusions.
Agreed.....

Originally Posted by Ed 718
I have to agree unless the exhaust makes massive gains then I myself can't justify that price even if I had the money in my pocket right now regardless of who makes it. I could see paying that amount for other mods that makes real power numbers but for a exhaust.........hell no
You shouldn't even consider this exhaust.....remember, as a Z owner, you can't afford it.

Originally Posted by ASTIG_Z
Old 04-06-2007, 06:58 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by supra crazy
I dont see how it can cost so much, titanium piping Isn't that expensive.
ever see what the equipment needed to weld titanium costs? And the training and man hours involved? It ain't cheap
Old 04-06-2007, 07:01 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It's an insanely expensive exhaust for sure

I am sure half the reason it costs so much is the fact that it's ARC. Branding allows items that should be sold at $1000 to be sold at $6000. Is it overkill? Absolutely - so is everything by any high end manufacturer.

That being said, the point of this exhaust is not to light the world on fire in terms of performance. I'd venture to bet it performs no better than ANY other exhaust on the market.....at ANY price point. The point of this exhaust, is, in it's purest form, to be different....to be "high end".

Would I buy it, or even recommend it? Not in a million years...unless it's what the customer specifically told me he wanted

Last edited by Z1 Performance; 04-06-2007 at 07:10 AM.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:06 AM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
ever see what the equipment needed to weld titanium costs? And the training and man hours involved? It ain't cheap
I think the cost is a moot point.....we (Z community) can't afford this exhaust anyway.

Quick Reply: New ARC True Dual Ti. Exhaust Pics!