Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Cop wanted to tow my car because of my exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 08:11 AM
RedBullRR

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Def do you research. Cops will make up Laws just to meet there qouta. Trust me I live in NY and they come up with some odd ball Laws out of no were. I plea not guilty to every ticket I get do my research and get them dismissed. I once got a ticket for passing a cop on the rite hand side. He said thats against the law. I told really I studied Criminal Justice I dont remember that 1. There was a right and left turning lane you were in the left I was in the right. I saw the arrows clear as day are you sure officer. He gave me the ticket anyway. Took pictures took him to court and the Judge herself asked him since when was this against the Law? I couldnt help but laugh and turn to him and say I TOLD YOU SO.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:34 AM
Zendem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

powned
Old 05-08-2007, 08:35 AM
Fluid1

Originally Posted by SargentZ
Just go with a Nismo...50 state legal

Add test pipes and talk to me in the morning.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:36 AM
Zendem

Originally Posted by Jabdo233
Why?

i dont know
Old 05-08-2007, 12:30 PM
Changvi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The cop was being an *******..He can not tow your car unless your car is causing an immediate danger to other drivers.
Old 05-08-2007, 12:37 PM
Blu_Blur

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Dude,

you should've put you are in S.D. The cops down tehre are all ***** and they have a task force looking specifically for modified import cars.

S.D. is where I got a ticket which forced me to take off my turbo system.

An exhaust is nothing so I might keep it on since it is easy to take off but other mods such as an illegal FI system are another story.

S.D. cops can suck a d1ck.
Old 05-08-2007, 04:08 PM
Zendem

You're not lying and these guys arent fuking around. I have seen 3 differant import cars get towed in about 4 to 5 months. Cheap hondas and acuras but still imports. I don't think the cops down here care that i drive a Z which i honestly think is way above most all imports alongside the evo's and sti's and look down on all of us as if we were all ricers or something with a mission to street race.

First time a cop has said something in my county so from now on i'm only driving my car outside of my city and to and from work which is far away from home. I live in the outskirts of my city so hopefully i'll be safe for now until i can talk to some cops this weekend.

btw that sucks that you had to remove your turbo because of these *****
Old 05-08-2007, 04:13 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

The part that does not seem right to be is when these Harley-Davidson's ride around MUCH louder that any car I have seen & do not get hassled. To me, there should be a set decibel level regardless of the type of vehicle.
Old 05-08-2007, 04:28 PM
gothchick

Originally Posted by zland
The part that does not seem right to be is when these Harley-Davidson's ride around MUCH louder that any car I have seen & do not get hassled. To me, there should be a set decibel level regardless of the type of vehicle.
+1
That's politics/lobbying for ya!
Old 05-08-2007, 04:40 PM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Originally Posted by behjjeh
i had 3 exhuast tickets before.. when i got 3rd ticket, i was pissed. so i reserched and found out Virginia doesnt have law for the exhuast. then i went to court for 3rd one, and show them what i got, then i got dismissed.

research ur state laws.....
Really?! Interesting... I need to research the MD state law on exhaust. There was a time period when the campus police went crazy and started giving every ricer tickets in UMBC. I wonder if they even had the right to do that.
Old 05-08-2007, 04:46 PM
SargentZ

Originally Posted by Fluid1
Add test pipes and talk to me in the morning.

Why is 'loud' cool? if there are negligable HP gains, especially on an 07, then why attract attention to yourself, especially when you're 'gettin on it'? I plan on getting a Nismo soon because it legal and sounds 'phat'. They're the only ones that don't sound "Rice" to me. IMHO of course...
Old 05-08-2007, 04:48 PM
ezramoore

I hate the motorcyclist BS too. Often times the rednecks/trash/general wannabes that often ride harleys are the ones out there revving the **** outtah their bikes EVERYwhere they go. How about the ones that bump the throttle every 10 secs like their idle is set too low. I always ask this guy if his bike needs a tune up, cause he sits there looking around revving his engine for 5 mins before he goes anywhere.
Old 05-08-2007, 04:48 PM
Lo$t

move to Louisiana, i also have RSR
Old 05-08-2007, 04:50 PM
SargentZ

Originally Posted by zland

Old 05-08-2007, 06:55 PM
Blu_Blur

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Zendem

btw that sucks that you had to remove your turbo because of these *****
Yeah, it was a pretty traumatic experience to be honest but I pulled through and all is going well. I plan on putting it back on this month (took it off about 3 months ago).

Punk *** pigs can't hold me down.

I wanted to send a letter to the cop that did it saying that he may have won that battle and that I will win the war and that cops like him are a disgrace picking on guys just hanging out literally eating a burger instead of preventing REAL crime.

However, I was told by my lawyer that this is the d1ck-type cop that has nothing else to do and will go at any length for you to pay.

I am not sure if it is possible but I had fears that if I did send the letter (and he found out who sent it) he would somehow order the court for me to have my vehicle inspected annually. I doubt this woulda happened but oh well- I'll be boostin soon and the cop can suck my d1ck.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:08 PM
bb1314
da Terminator!

To add another story to the conversation. I was driving in Baltimore City one day. I was waiting on the green arrow light to make a left. The light turned green.. as I was making a left, a cop coming from the opposite direction was making a right turn and I cut him off. Obviously I had right of way since he had red light and I had the green arrow light. He pulled me over for it.. I asked him what I did wrong. He told me this.. "In Maryland, the person making a right turn always has the right of way. It's in the driver's education handbook." Of course I was not convinced, I just responded right away, "Bull ****.. show me the page where it says that." He got a little embarrassed and wrote me a warning ticket for driving 5 mph over speed limit.. LAME!!!
Old 05-08-2007, 09:29 PM
eltness350
The Untouchable

put it in nuetral!! or bog it down in 6th...what i do....i think my exhaust is LOUDER then those choppers they impound...lol
Old 05-08-2007, 09:43 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier MemberSuper Moderator

Received 2,333 Likes on 1,681 Posts

Just ditch the rice boy, look at my loud car exhaust, and get something better. Its just that easy, you have a Z , set yourself aside from the riceboy crowd.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:15 PM
Zendem

Some of You guys arent getting it, IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH HOW LOUD MY EXHAUST IS, so quit giving me advice on how to be quieter. Owning an Rs*r (for almost 3 yrs now) has made me an expert at learning to to play quietly while driving by a cop virtually unheard. This cop pulled me over because i was speeding 10 miles over the speed limit (lame) that's when he said they are going to have to take the car away from me because i had an aftermarket exhaust. He was literally waiting for me to get my insurance out of my glove box ...that's when he started checking out the car and noticed my aftermarket exhaust. It could have been RS*r or it could have been any other brand, the cop plain and simply had beef with me not having a stock exhaust on.

Last edited by Zendem; 05-08-2007 at 10:17 PM.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:13 AM
GhostFace

Originally Posted by Zendem
Some of You guys arent getting it, IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH HOW LOUD MY EXHAUST IS, so quit giving me advice on how to be quieter. Owning an Rs*r (for almost 3 yrs now) has made me an expert at learning to to play quietly while driving by a cop virtually unheard. This cop pulled me over because i was speeding 10 miles over the speed limit (lame) that's when he said they are going to have to take the car away from me because i had an aftermarket exhaust. He was literally waiting for me to get my insurance out of my glove box ...that's when he started checking out the car and noticed my aftermarket exhaust. It could have been RS*r or it could have been any other brand, the cop plain and simply had beef with me not having a stock exhaust on.

see everyone, he already said it wasnt because of the exhaust, so quit rambling about these petty things and get to the bigger question...

...you lookin to sell that rs*r exhaust of yours?

Quick Reply: Cop wanted to tow my car because of my exhaust