Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Tanabe Hyper Medalion and Borla TD

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 12:29 PM
StreetOC192

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tanabe Hyper Medalion and Borla TD

OK, I have the credit card in hand and am about to order.

Currently I have the Injen TD with angled mufflers. This is too loud for me and the drone on the Garden State Parkway every day is getting to me. I want quieter. I THOUGHT I was set on the Borla TD, but someone mentioned the Tanabe Hyper Medalion as a better exhaust. I would like my new exhaust to last me quite a few years, so high quality is important to me.

I want slightly louder and more throaty than stock. If I go from the TD of the Injen to the Tanabe, am I going to notice any performance change since the Tanabe isn't TD?

Also interested in feedback on the Tanabe Concept G exhaust......

Last edited by StreetOC192; 05-15-2007 at 12:37 PM.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:20 PM
gismo

i have a tanabe hyper medallion on my z and it sounds really nice. this is my opinion on this but the tone is deep. of course louder then stock. once the car is warmed up the exhaust is quite like stock until you accelerate. as far as performance between the two, i would not know. the tanabe is my first exhaust. oh i also have a tananbe y-pipe as well. i can tell that there is a difference when i installed the exhaust. to me it was more repsonsive when i tapped the pedal. so that is my .02.
Old 05-16-2007, 05:35 AM
StreetOC192

Originally Posted by gismo
i have a tanabe hyper medallion on my z and it sounds really nice. this is my opinion on this but the tone is deep. of course louder then stock. once the car is warmed up the exhaust is quite like stock until you accelerate. as far as performance between the two, i would not know. the tanabe is my first exhaust. oh i also have a tananbe y-pipe as well. i can tell that there is a difference when i installed the exhaust. to me it was more repsonsive when i tapped the pedal. so that is my .02.
Hey thanks for the reply. Since I bought my car with the Injen TD, I will also need a Y-pipe. You would suggest the Tanabe Y-pipe rather than another brand? Does it just match up better with the Tanabe exhaust?
Old 05-16-2007, 08:21 AM
BaTMan_4

I have a Tanabe (sig) and love it. I assume that since you are going from a True-Dual to a non-true dual you will notice a small difference. I have it paired up to an IntenseMotorsports y-pipe and have had no problems with it. Sound is unique compared to all other exhausts (excluding Amuse). Sounds similar to Blitz IMO...i have a short vid if u want to hear a little of the exhaust. Before purchasing my exhaust i was interested in the concept-G since its the newest but i went with the Super Medalion Hyper just because of tip design...i dont like canisters

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4qh2bb-Ogys

Comments i always get from people with this exhaust is "classy exhaust (quite and loud when it needs to be), not annoying, no drone." When i mean loud i don't mean like LOUD...but you can definitely hear it
Old 05-16-2007, 09:16 AM
StreetOC192

Originally Posted by BaTMan_4
I have a Tanabe (sig) and love it. I assume that since you are going from a True-Dual to a non-true dual you will notice a small difference. I have it paired up to an IntenseMotorsports y-pipe and have had no problems with it. Sound is unique compared to all other exhausts (excluding Amuse). Sounds similar to Blitz IMO...i have a short vid if u want to hear a little of the exhaust. Before purchasing my exhaust i was interested in the concept-G since its the newest but i went with the Super Medalion Hyper just because of tip design...i dont like canisters

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4qh2bb-Ogys

Comments i always get from people with this exhaust is "classy exhaust (quite and loud when it needs to be), not annoying, no drone." When i mean loud i don't mean like LOUD...but you can definitely hear it
Nice video. I saw that one in my searches. It really turned me onto the Medalion Hyper.

So other than the canisters on the Concept G, is the sound similar? Did you listen to the Concept G?

Based on the info I have so far, I think I will go Tanabe Medalion Hyper.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:20 AM
gismo

Originally Posted by StreetOC192
Hey thanks for the reply. Since I bought my car with the Injen TD, I will also need a Y-pipe. You would suggest the Tanabe Y-pipe rather than another brand? Does it just match up better with the Tanabe exhaust?
if you were to get a y-pipe i would suggest the tanabe y-pipe. because the outlet of that y-pipe matches up with the inlet of the mid-pipe.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:30 AM
BaTMan_4

Originally Posted by StreetOC192
Nice video. I saw that one in my searches. It really turned me onto the Medalion Hyper.

So other than the canisters on the Concept G, is the sound similar? Did you listen to the Concept G?

Based on the info I have so far, I think I will go Tanabe Medalion Hyper.
Thanks. About the Concept-G....no i have never heard it and I've never seen a thread on here with a member that has a Concept-G installed. Honestly when i was looking for exhaust clips of Tanabe exhausts on a 350Z i found zero. The "Hyper" design looks very similar to Blitz so i knew the sound had to be around there.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:38 AM
furiousZ

I can't wait for my Hyper to be installed already!!! I want to hear it with the test pipes ... I got it because I noticed it was one of the more "quiet" exhausts. However, it seems like it has a resonator in the midpipe? Is it true? I would love if it did, because I am losing two in my test pipes.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:42 AM
BaTMan_4

^ I'm pretty sure that the mid-pipe does have a resonator. I want test pipes but iffy about the sound after....you must post clips furiousZ.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:47 AM
furiousZ

Originally Posted by BaTMan_4
^ I'm pretty sure that the mid-pipe does have a resonator. I want test pipes but iffy about the sound after....you must post clips furiousZ.
I will. I'll make sure to PM it when I make clips to you so you don't miss it. My exhaust should be in soon.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:49 AM
BaTMan_4

Please do man...thanks
Old 05-16-2007, 09:55 AM
kennyl5123

I have Kinetix HFC and Hyper. I love it alot. The idle is quiet with or without the HFC, but it changed the tone from deep to more racing spirit after 3k rpm with HFC on. The gain is not much with only the exhaust, but once you match with HFC or test pipe. You can feel it gain alot of hp.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:26 AM
BaTMan_4

^ any vids?
Old 05-17-2007, 06:09 AM
StreetOC192

Just ordered the Tanabe Super Medalion Hyper with the Intense Power Y-pipe from Intense Motorsports.