Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Got my Strup Headers Today *pics right out of box*

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 01:23 PM
skaterbasist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have these been carb approved yet? If not, then I might go with the DC Stainless Steel. But Strup headers, with the exception of inner welding, seem exactly the same as the DC Stainless Steel; and about 200 dollars cheaper

I think I see an SC in my future, so stainless steel might be the only way to go for me.

Old 07-12-2007, 01:39 PM
Conceyted

Originally Posted by helldorado
Not the best pic, but my inner welds on the collector were pretty even.

Silly rabbit! Jet Hot is for kids! I think mine got corroded or something.

your pictures are not working
Old 07-12-2007, 01:42 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Nice choice. Now put them on the car.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:43 PM
mw9

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by shifty711
Dude, I know your a moderator, But it seems that everytime someone posts in a section your responsible for, and the post is not to your approval becuase they are either new or dont have a 309,908,723 post count, you make a smart *** comment.

I am going to appologize for that guy,

Sorry, we all arent moderators on forums, we dont know about every section and every search outcome.

Please relax from now on.
Thank you
I know, you ask a simple question and get a retard answer. No problem. I guess it is too easy to tell me where you bought your product, so maybe I could buy from that company and give them some business. Instead, maybe some people don't like business, who knows, no sweat off my *****
Old 07-12-2007, 01:49 PM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Wired 24/7
I don't give a **** whether someone is new or has 10k posts. If you can't or won't read the sticky that says "Read before posting" then you will get a smart-*** comment attached to your post. (Conveniently located at the top of the forum)

Follow the rules and make good posts - get respect

Make noob posts and ignore stickys/FAQ/search function - get no respect

P.S. If you think I'm harsh or a smart *** you have obviously very little experience on internet forums in general. My350z's policies are super lenient. I don't generally care if people think I'm an ***, because I do this for the good of the forum, not to spoon feed people

lol....maybe so, but all he did was ask a question and you pulled out the midol! I could see if he started a thread asking this but cmon. for example. lets say your at home depot and you want to find some quik-crete. You can either...

A. look down every single aisle until you find what your looking for( p.s. quik-crete isnt in any aisle)

or

B. ask one of the employees and save yourself 20 minutes!

Old 07-12-2007, 02:02 PM
helldorado

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Conceyted
your pictures are not working
Apparently, my photo host is down at the moment.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:08 PM
RBlover69

the question is why are these corroded already. I mean id prefer smooth surfaces of TS then the rouch rusted looks of these. I mean, isnt strup suppose to be on point with theres. I wouldnt put anything on my car breathing wise that will rust chip or fly into my engine i mean thats crazy i wouldve sent those back. TS for sure is alot smoother which is shocking.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:10 PM
Blu_Blur

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess if you are going to spend money on something that isn't going to really do anything for you car, $460 isn't that bad at all.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:18 PM
Conceyted

Originally Posted by mw9
I know, you ask a simple question and get a retard answer. No problem. I guess it is too easy to tell me where you bought your product, so maybe I could buy from that company and give them some business. Instead, maybe some people don't like business, who knows, no sweat off my *****
I didn't see a post that asked where I purchased my headers. Either way I purchased my headers from Tuning Factory. He is a member on this board and a sponsor, as well.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:20 PM
soleil
NolaZcc

chris, who is gonna install for u?
Old 07-12-2007, 03:21 PM
Conceyted

Originally Posted by RBlover69
the question is why are these corroded already. I mean id prefer smooth surfaces of TS then the rouch rusted looks of these. I mean, isnt strup suppose to be on point with theres. I wouldnt put anything on my car breathing wise that will rust chip or fly into my engine i mean thats crazy i wouldve sent those back. TS for sure is alot smoother which is shocking.
I think you are looking WAY too much into it. If you sit any metal out for a long time it will corrode slightly. This "corrosion" you see is simply small flakes of rust its not embeded into the welds. Normal running through the exhaust will get all of this out and cover it with a nice layer of carbon Nothing wrong with what you see, its perfectly normal. Top speed deburrs their welds on their headers now. But, if you honestly think 1/16" raise in the pipe is going to effect flow that much you are pretty damn neurotic and probably just stick to spending your money on crawfords.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:24 PM
Conceyted

Originally Posted by soleil350z
chris, who is gonna install for u?
<<<<<<<<

Hah! But in all honesty, I have a friend/coworker that used to be a Saturn tech and he wants to do the install. These will be installed some time next week. I get my Ultimate Racing High Flow Cats on Monday.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:26 PM
shifty711

Originally Posted by Wired 24/7
I don't give a **** whether someone is new or has 10k posts. If you can't or won't read the sticky that says "Read before posting" then you will get a smart-*** comment attached to your post. (Conveniently located at the top of the forum)

Follow the rules and make good posts - get respect

Make noob posts and ignore stickys/FAQ/search function - get no respect

P.S. If you think I'm harsh or a smart *** you have obviously very little experience on internet forums in general. My350z's policies are super lenient. I don't generally care if people think I'm an ***, because I do this for the good of the forum, not to spoon feed people

Please Calm Down

Thank You
Old 07-12-2007, 03:30 PM
skaterbasist

Originally Posted by skaterbasist
Have these been carb approved yet? If not, then I might go with the DC Stainless Steel. But Strup headers, with the exception of inner welding, seem exactly the same as the DC Stainless Steel; and about 200 dollars cheaper

I think I see an SC in my future, so stainless steel might be the only way to go for me.

People, lets stick to the subject.

Bump for me question

Old 07-12-2007, 03:35 PM
Conceyted

Originally Posted by skaterbasist
People, lets stick to the subject.

Bump for me question

I did not get a Carb # with these and have no clue if they are or are not approved. However, I did an extensive (lol) search through the installation manual and it mentioned nothing about carb. Also, it might be worth noting that STRUP is actually located in Canada, so the chances of them Carb Cert'ing their products might be slim.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:37 PM
blasian

Originally Posted by shifty711

Please Calm Down

Thank You
I think he's actually one of the cooler mods. Apparently some feel the need of having twenty billion threads about headers with 90% of them being the same question.
Old 07-12-2007, 05:29 PM
Beeker

Originally Posted by RBlover69
"Fly into my engine" How exactly would something in the exhaust system fly INTO the engine? That would be a neat trick! Sorry for busting ***** but I found that funny.

On a serious note, don't worry too much about the inside of the headers. All welds develop surface rust if they aren't painted or coated immediately. Once these are installed the inside will be coated with plenty of carbon.

Have fun installing them! My knuckles are still bleeding and I installed mine over a year ago!
Old 07-12-2007, 05:57 PM
WalkerT
Professional

I second that ^^ i have scars from the install. As you have all seen before here is the dyno that Nexx was refering to the before and after with my headers.
Attached Thumbnails Got my Strup Headers Today *pics right out of box*-dynoheaders.jpg  
Old 07-12-2007, 08:01 PM
Conceyted

Originally Posted by walkert
I second that ^^ i have scars from the install. As you have all seen before here is the dyno that Nexx was refering to the before and after with my headers.
wow thats a serious increase. If i get half that I will be happy On a lighter note, I just ordered my Osiris cable. So it looks like I'll be installing headers, high flow cats, and tuning all in one day... okay maybe two days :-D
Old 07-13-2007, 05:09 AM
RBlover69

Originally Posted by Beeker
"Fly into my engine" How exactly would something in the exhaust system fly INTO the engine? That would be a neat trick! Sorry for busting ***** but I found that funny.

On a serious note, don't worry too much about the inside of the headers. All welds develop surface rust if they aren't painted or coated immediately. Once these are installed the inside will be coated with plenty of carbon.

Have fun installing them! My knuckles are still bleeding and I installed mine over a year ago!
sorry maybey i am being a little over zealous, but i dunno something about putting rusty or blemished parts on my 40k ride. I guess im scared when i used to have a hyundai tiburon and the SS headers actaully cracked and rusted after 3 header purchases. These where hotshot headers. Not top speed though. lol. mental scar sorry.

Quick Reply: Got my Strup Headers Today *pics right out of box*