Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Crawford headers + Stillen true dual exhaust - fits ok?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 11:31 PM
mthreat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Crawford headers + Stillen true dual exhaust - fits ok?

After reading this thread about header fitment issues (not with crawfords, but another brand), I thought I'd ask the forums:

Has anyone installed Crawford headers with crawford high-flow cats and a stillen true dual exhaust? If so, did you have any fitment issues with the exhaust parts? I'll be having mine installed in about two weeks and just wanted to prepare for any possible problems.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:26 AM
Conceyted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dude i swear to god I was just about to post this. The stillen true dual doesn't have flex sections which causes a problem if any headers are off over stock at ALL. I am about to give doug a call about driving up through nashville on my way to the dragon and having them install my headers(because im tired of doing it) and I am going to see what he thinks about me getting flex sections welded on to my stillen exhaust or if he feels its unnecessary.
If anyone has any experience with headers and stillen true dual post them up here. Especially crawford headers
Old 07-24-2007, 07:45 PM
OneI350

Hey man, are you getting the headers done at uprev? I am getting my nismo headers and crawford hfc on Thursday. If anyone had issues with Nismo headers, crawford hfc and nismo catbacks please let me know.(Not meaning to thread jack Chris)
Old 07-25-2007, 04:54 AM
Conceyted

Honestly, Nismo catback's have flex sections so even if the piping was slightly off, you could make up for it by flexing the exhaust. I have decided to install flex sections onto my stillen exhaust for this reason.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:25 PM
mthreat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Conceyted
Honestly, Nismo catback's have flex sections so even if the piping was slightly off, you could make up for it by flexing the exhaust. I have decided to install flex sections onto my stillen exhaust for this reason.
Good idea.. is it a straight replacement? Where do you get the flex sections?
Old 07-26-2007, 06:20 AM
Conceyted

Originally Posted by mthreat
Good idea.. is it a straight replacement? Where do you get the flex sections?
I bought them from Mandrel Bending Solutions. I had used them in the past, after finding them on ebay, to buy bungs for wideband sensors. I haven't got the flex in yet, but they were shipped the same day I bought them. Here is a link: http://www.mandrelbendingsolutions.c.../Detail?no=153

These are weld on, so I am going to have my exhaust shop cut the last brace off the X pipe and weld these in place. I can assure they will fit because I will have the shop bolt the flanges up to the cats and measuring before welding the flex on. Here is what I am cutting out:

If you want, wait a bit and I will let you know how it goes.
Old 07-28-2007, 01:14 PM
Conceyted

Here is a small update. I made the appointment with Doug at Crawford to get my crawford headers installed on thursday. I will be passing through Tennessee on my way to the tail of the dragon and figured I'd take an extra day off and just pay Doug to do it so I wouldn't have to get my hands dirty. I also got my flex welded up today. I spent WAY more than I wanted to on it, the flex only cost me about 50 bucks after shipping, but the welding job ended up costing 200 . However, the guy guarantees his work and did an amazing job. He also reinforced all of the bracing throughout the exhaust and picked it up a little more in height so the exhaust wasn't contacting the M frame anymore. I am extreme pleased with it. He ended up welding them in a different place and keeping the bracing in tact.

Sorry for how bad the pics came out. My car sits about 3" MAX off the ground, so its hard to get enough light under there to take good pictures. I played with the contrast so you could at least KIND OF make out what you are looking at.

Last edited by Conceyted; 07-28-2007 at 01:36 PM.