Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

help differences between hks and xo2

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 09:17 AM
SpeedRcr

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rx7/350z
are there any visible differences between the xo2 and hks exhausts? I want to make sure im getting the right one. Thanks for the help guys.
what part of your comment says you are getting an hks and you are comparing it to the xo2 you moron...before you go off saying comments are retarded make sure your starting thread makes clear sense then you ignorant as$
Old 09-16-2007, 10:09 AM
rx7/350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

are there any visible differences between the xo2 and hks exhausts? I want to make sure im getting the right one. Thanks for the help guys.
Speedretard this is my origional post. does it say anywhere that i'm looking to buy an x02. I'm simply asking the differences between the to because. "I want to make sure im getting the right one". now , are you that stupid to thing that i was trying to avoid the HKS and get the X02 in the frist place?
grow up stop giving people **** , your a loser
Old 09-16-2007, 01:57 PM
The_VQ

Speedretard this is my origional post. does it say anywhere that i'm looking to buy an x02. I'm simply asking the differences between the to because. "I want to make sure im getting the right one". now , are you that stupid to thing that i was trying to avoid the HKS and get the X02 in the frist place?
grow up stop giving people **** , your a loser
The difference is in the tips, the x02 ones are made of SUS304 not Ti, so the burn is brownish while on the HKS it is blueish - it is much easier to distinguish them when you have seen both side to side.

And for all of you praising the "mighty" HKS, the x02 are not knock offs, they are made in the same factories as the real HKS (from what I know there are 3 companies located in the same place in China which are producing it). The HKS moved the production from Taiwan to China to cut down on costs, hence that there was a batch (probably the first run) which had quality issues In my opinion HKS is becoming greedy, fortunatelly for them other products are still made in Taiwan.

And for all of you hating KO, what would you say if I would told you that I've ordered one of these directly in China, and mine is made of SUS321 (SUS321 > SUS304) + Ti tips (it is also possible to produce a full Ti one, without spending a small fortune like on the ARC one )?? This is where KO parts exceed the big bucks parts with the quality - the welds, flanges, and gaskets are top notch on mine, I've just got what I paid for.
Old 09-16-2007, 02:44 PM
rx7/350z

thank you
Old 09-16-2007, 04:02 PM
r_seng

one is real the other is fake, i hope i have helped.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:50 AM
RedBullRR

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Old 09-17-2007, 05:32 AM
DustinZ33

Originally Posted by DustinZ33
No one notices any difference except for the tips. People that don't know about the xo2 don't even know. The xo2 is probably built with a lesser quality stainless steel and the xo2 tips are stainless. The hks tips are titanium. The xo2 sounds a little different.
ok my question was are there any hks markings . Not if I am a baller or how the x02 exhaust sucks. I'm looking at a used hks from someone I think is trustworthy but you never know. I'm picking it up in a couple days and I can't tell the difference
Originally Posted by DustinZ33
there are no markings on the HKS that signifies it is a real HKS. A side by side comparison may be obvious but other than that.....
i bought a used HKS EXHAUST FROM SOMEONE AND WANTED TO KNOW IF THERE WERE ANY VISIBLE DIFFERENCES SO I COULD TELL IF I WAS GETTING THE REAL HKS AND NOT GETTING RIPPED OFF. THAT WAS THE POINT OF THIS TOPIC. WHY IS IT THAT NO ONE CAN ANSWER THIS QUESTION AND EVERYONE HAS GIVE ME **** ABOUT BUYING AN X02. I NEVER ****ING SAID I WAS.
I answered your question on page 1.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:47 AM
gothchick

Originally Posted by Nexx
all this arrogance from a douche who lists nismo floor mats and soon to be nismo license plates as his mods.
Uhhhh.. Yeah.... Right... I don't generally have the need to brag about my mods with some BS sig... But my current mods are listed below if you *have* to know... Douche.

06 Airbox w/ Amsoil Dropin
MD ISO 5/16 Spacer
MD Copper TB Heater
MD MREV2 Lower Collector
Nismo R-Spec Headers
Random Tech Hi Flow Metalic Cats
HKS Hi Power Exhaust w/ X-Pipe fabrication
UTEC piggyback ECU
TXS Tuner Module
Aem AFR Gauge
Dyno Tune + Road Tune
Hotchkis Springs
Hotchkis Sways
Brembo/ Stoptech Slotted Rotors
Stainless Steel Brake Lines
Axxis Racing Pads
DIY 8 Point (4 AWG) Engine Grounding Kit
DIY Batt to Chassis (1 AWG)
DIY Batt to Alternator (1 AWG)
DIY Passenger Side Crank Case Oil Catch Can
Amsoil Driver's Side Crank Case Breather Filter
Tranny fluid changed to Amsoil
Diff fluid changed to Amsoil

Next Mods:

GT Spec Frame Bracing
Cams + valve springs ~ JWT S-7 262
Nismo Finned Differential cover
Earl's Oil Cooler
Nismo Thermostat
Koyo 1 7/16 Rad -- 53mm
Rear camber kit
4.2 l stoker kit
Heads - Porting, polishing, flowing, valve seating, etc

No FI for me...

Last edited by gothchick; 09-18-2007 at 11:29 AM.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:57 PM
Ruthless18x

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

^ Daaaamn
Old 09-17-2007, 02:21 PM
rx7/350z

ok this is getting out if control. Dustin thank you for answering me I didn't see your post . I didn't realize this was such a touchy subject!!!!
Old 09-17-2007, 08:22 PM
SergEK

Originally Posted by SpeedRcr
its the same reason why you buy a real rolex vs a folex...quality of workmanship and warranty...if you car only worth putting on cheap chinese made knockoffs do it, its your car. again remember its not a civic, but hey put it on and make sure you put some huge xo2 stickers on your car to let everyone know
Your right its not a civic...a civic has more reasonably priced exhaust options that are proven

vs

HKS with H pipe restriction and 1500 (sometimes more) exhaust

Half you HKS nut swingers are gonna start telling me youd rather buy an HKS exhaust over a custome HYTECH setup Retards, I swear

One day when you actually race and are trying to make POWER youll forget the stupid name attached to the parts and worry about FUNCTION over your baby baller status

If you pay more for the same thing your just a moron, not a baller --- ballers have custom setups to match there built motors, poseurs buy a mass produced exhaust and focus on the brand name ....pathetic

This isnt a VOLK vs ROTA thread ....stainless pipes are near the same and robotic welds are pretty damn close to perfect for a non race, poseur mobile most of these kids are driving....

The X02 is dyno proven so performance wise --- no leg to stand on
The X02 has a warranty for a year --- quality has proven good (unlike the HKS H pipe dilema)
The X02 is priced to move at 550 or so, sometimes even including shipping!

So what do the haters have other than maybe the tips.....its not quality....its pure nut swinging....

You dont have to like the X02 but you cant hate on it either....if it was a crappy piece that failed over and over than it would be a different story

They are just regular pipes people....not some hand made, custom tuned inconel and titanium masterpiece that was handed down from God himself to HKS

Get over it
Old 09-17-2007, 08:22 PM
joe645733

ya, they dont sound any where near the same
Old 09-17-2007, 08:24 PM
SergEK

Originally Posted by gothchick
Uhhhh.. Yeah.... Right... I don't generally have the need to brag about my mods with some BS sig... But my current mods are listed below if you *have* to know... Douche.

06 Airbox w/ Amsoil Dropin
MD ISO 5/16 Spacer
MD Copper TB Heater
MD MREV2 Lower Collector
Nismo R-Spec Headers
Random Tech Hi Flow Metalic Cats
HKS Hi Power Exhaust w/ X-Pipe fabrication
UTEC piggyback ECU
TXS Tuner Module
Aem AFR Gauge
Dyno Tune + Road Tune
Hotchkis Springs
Hotchkis Sways
Brembo/ Stoptech Slotted Rotors
Stainless Steel Brake Lines
Axxis Racing Pads
DIY 8 Point (4 AWG) Engine Grounding Kit
DIY Batt to Chassis (1 AWG)
DIY Batt to Alternator (1 AWG)
DIY Passenger Side Crank Case Oil Catch Can
Amsoil Driver's Side Crank Case Breather Filter
Tranny fluid changed to Amsoil
Diff fluid changed to Amsoil

Next Mods:

GT Spec Frame Bracing
Cams + valve springs ~ JWT S-7 262
Nismo Finned Differential cover
Earl's Oil Cooler
Nismo Thermostat
Koyo 1 7/16 Rad -- 53mm
Rear camber kit
4.2 l stoker kit
Heads - flowing, polishing, valve seating, etc

No FI for me...
So whats your best pass in the car thus far? Curious
Old 09-17-2007, 08:29 PM
SergEK

Originally Posted by joe645733
ya, they dont sound any where near the same
I'm glad they dont....more "imitation" if they did

The X02 sounds throatier...which most people associate with better...thats subjective and doesnt concern me

I'm used to straight pipes and 8600 rpm So everything is gonna be softer than that lol

As long as the cops cant hear me coming 6 blocks away....its okay lol
Old 09-19-2007, 06:59 AM
DustinZ33

ok this is getting out if control. Dustin thank you for answering me I didn't see your post . I didn't realize this was such a touchy subject!!!!
No problem man. The hks/xo2 battle gets pretty serious sometimes. Who cares?
Old 09-19-2007, 07:16 AM
gothchick

Originally Posted by SergEK
So whats your best pass in the car thus far? Curious
Haven't dragged at the strip -Yet - Maybe someday. I'm mainly building this for street & auto-x. And trying to stay competitive with the newer sports cars coming out~ Lol! So far I'm making @ 288whp on a DJ. I think I've taken the hp numbers as high as I can with full boltons & tune. Now it's time to go internal...

Last edited by gothchick; 09-19-2007 at 10:33 AM.
Old 09-23-2007, 02:21 PM
SergEK

Originally Posted by gothchick
Haven't dragged at the strip -Yet - Maybe someday. I'm mainly building this for street & auto-x. And trying to stay competitive with the newer sports cars coming out~ Lol! So far I'm making @ 288whp on a DJ. I think I've taken the hp numbers as high as I can with full boltons & tune. Now it's time to go internal...
I think a set of long tubes would do you some good over those nismo pieces...I know long tubes are hard to come by but if your serious about making NA power they help ALOT

Did you mess with the cam advance/retard while tuning? What kind of ignition timing are your running?

I know it sounds funny but I bought a TB spacer yesterday and gained some pretty nice peak power....for $87 you may want to try it....could help with a few ponies up top
Old 09-24-2007, 09:10 AM
Skorch

For those that actually own the XO2 exhaust, how is the fitment? Is there much adjustment required to get the tips to line up?
Old 09-27-2007, 05:54 PM
ZTUPID

Originally Posted by Skorch
For those that actually own the XO2 exhaust, how is the fitment? Is there much adjustment required to get the tips to line up?
I think I was the second person on here to buy the XO2. I had absolutely no fitment issues, and the install was a breeze. Quality, as I have stated too many times now is beyond the price I paid for it. It was a worthwhile buy, and I am glad I threw the dice and gave it a shot. I have had it bolted under there for almost a year, along with the X02 test pipes, and every single weld and flange, and gasket has held up to thousands of miles of ruthless z-beating. Every single time I ride out in the Z, people pull up and tell me how great my ride sounds and looks, and when asked, I have no problem telling them that my exhaust is an X02. As far as side by side comparisons, sure the tips are different, but theres no way, short of crawling under my car with a flashlight, that you can tell the difference. I understand that there are hundreds of terrible knockoffs out there, but I vouch for this one. Someone said that if there was no HKS, there would be no knock off X02, but look at it this way... if HKS never made this exhaust, and x02 designed it, and it was the same price and quality as the one they are selling now, they would be sold out, and we would be talking about how awesome it was. It's a copy, but it's still a quality pruduct and a super value. I love my X02.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:35 AM
06MagneticZ

Where are you guys buying your X02 exhaust from?

Quick Reply: help differences between hks and xo2