Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

any interest in equal length stainless headers?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2003, 07:23 AM
Judge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This actually sounds pretty kick ***.
With the Borla dual, would the sound be much different compared to stock header and cat?

I have never driven a car without cats, I dont think. I understand what they do though. My concern is the smell and pollution. My Honda Valkyrie doesn't have cats but smells like ***. Although motorcycles in general do.

Do you guys think the Z would have that same type of Non-Cat smell?
Old 06-06-2003, 08:50 AM
CSHFLW

I had a 2000 Mustang GT with straight pipe and it sounded AWSOME! It did have more smell, but I like the smell of all things automotive.
Old 06-06-2003, 04:07 PM
lsdunique

generally,
the sound gets more aggressive, and I havent myself noticed any more smell, but it is possible as less remaining gas gets burned off.

We may offer a y pipe with high flow cats, but we are also working on a true dual exhaust, much like the injen, but without the resonators. This would mean no cats, no resonators, and a straight through muffler. This may get LOUD, but the mufflers also have easily removable silencers that shouldnt hurt gains.

Question, interest in header back true dual stainless race exhaust with removable silencers? I don't mean cheap loud, I mean DEAP and loud.
Old 06-06-2003, 07:20 PM
little_rod

Well, I took the cats off of a truck I used to have cause I didn't want to pay for a new cat. The truck was louder, but it was a 4 cylinder, so it wasn't any deeper. It did have a slight smell, you wouldn't want to run it in a closed garage, lol. But the smell wasn't that bad at all, of course, it was just a 4 cylinder.
Old 06-06-2003, 07:31 PM
Judge

After I posted the -smell- question I realized my Valk has a carb placed over each cylinder.
I suppose a 6 cylinder with timing advanced 6 degrees and 6 individual carbs is NOT going to be a fair comparison to the fuel injected Z.
I was behind a heavily modded 2 body styles old vette that smelled like it had no cats and the thought 'that car must not have cats' crossed my mind. I wouldnt want my Z to smell the same way.