Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Replica HKS Exhausts Ebay/Godspeed

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 03:40 PM
hogZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with that. And I must say that I had it installed with test pipes and it was really loud but sounded pretty good! Two of my friends got it on stock cats and it's a great deep sound. Go for it dude! But I think you can find one cheaper than the one you were looking at, they are all the same on ebay whatever the seller/shop name.

Originally Posted by cmcurran5
there are a lot of snobs on here dude. go to youtube and listen for yourself. they sound about the same.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:45 PM
verdict.
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 648 Likes on 491 Posts

Not bad (from the description), but you get what you pay for. Personally, I'd save up a little more and get an exhaust that has been proven durable and reliable.

Old 03-29-2012, 04:08 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Merged and retitled to encompass all versions of "branding"

Originally Posted by verdict.
Not bad (from the description), but you get what you pay for. Personally, I'd save up a little more and get an exhaust that has been proven durable and reliable.

Excellent point
Old 03-29-2012, 04:20 PM
frivolous_

just sharing my exp with mine:

flanges suck terribly. Cant get to seal right. every flange leaks. 2 exhaust shops said not much but cut/weld new flanges. Sounds ok tho for 300 im not dissatisfied. but so far its been a pain in the ***, passenger side is too short and the hanger rubs on the box around the vac lines or w.e that is right there.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:23 PM
cmcurran5

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

i paid like 230 with shipping. brought it to my buddy's house got the car lifted and it took the old off and put the new on in less than 1.5 hours. i must have gotten lucky with an easy bolt on. its been on for 10k miles and i don't have any leaks either.

and where is smoothz when you need 'em lol. he just posted in the "what have you done lately" thread about installing his new hks replica.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:32 PM
frivolous_

^ when I bought mine, i had read several threads. I came to the conclusion, like any other ebay part.. almost common with an taiwaneez made items, its hit or miss. I envy you for having no problems.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:33 PM
supraturboman

Originally Posted by frivolous_
just sharing my exp with mine:

flanges suck terribly. Cant get to seal right. every flange leaks. 2 exhaust shops said not much but cut/weld new flanges. Sounds ok tho for 300 im not dissatisfied. but so far its been a pain in the ***, passenger side is too short and the hanger rubs on the box around the vac lines or w.e that is right there.
I had the same issue. All i did was heat up the hangers and re-bend them. Simple easy fix.. Mine turned out great. However I have stillen test pipes and the rasp at 4k and above sounds horrible. It sounds as though I have marbles in my exhaust. I am going to try the magnaflow x-pipe mod and see if that helps. But the low end sound is great. And the loudness if perfect..
Old 09-18-2012, 02:16 AM
Tomato_Slicer

dna motoring's hks replicas....any good?
Old 09-18-2012, 11:05 AM
TheWoods

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tomato_Slicer

I bought mine from autogrimming on eBay. Best. Choice. Ever.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:16 PM
JoeN350z

hey guys where can i get cxlightings or x20's nowadays... can i get some links? All i see is the godspeed one on ebay is that any good like the x20?? I'm looking for the good one or if they are the same..the most inexpensive or low on shipping. I'm form Puerto Rico :\.

Last edited by JoeN350z; 09-18-2012 at 01:35 PM.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:24 AM
JoeN350z

Is this a HKS replica?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DUAL-PATH-ST...&forceRpt=true
Old 11-12-2012, 05:11 AM
briin79

Just got Ripped Off by CXLIGHTING replica exhaust. the y pipe didnt fit. I took pics and called for support and when i got them on the phone i was told by ACE stop wasting my time. they sent a product that clearly doesnt fit. now im supposed to spend 60$ on shipping to send it back. There is a reason they changed their company name several times. i bet they will again soon.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:20 AM
Bmurray350z

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts

thats what happens when you buy cheap ****.. thats why you hear us say "it will cost more in the long run, when you buy cheap ebay ****."

lesson learned?

also, there is no y pipe in that exhaust system.. you are probably talking about the h pipe.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:21 AM
myzproject

When will people stop buying knockoff crap and actually take the time to save for quality parts... It will save you all the headache in the long run to do it right the first time around.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:22 AM
myzproject

lol bmurray you beat me by a minute
Old 11-12-2012, 08:54 AM
TS PRO-1
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Waizzz
If you search the other thread you will notice that tons of people have not had issues with rusting, its a common misconception
Rusting or not depends upon the specific grade of stainless steel (many are T409, a lower grade...), how much salt is used on the roads you drive (hello midwest...), and how often you bother to clean your exhaust. If you don't take care of maintaining ANY exhaust, it will eventually rust...no matter how expensive it is.

Originally Posted by silvertouringz
none of the ebay exhausts are T304. even if the seller says they are, they're not. all of them come from the same factory in china.
Not true. Do the "magnet test" T304 does not hold a magnet, T409 does...

Originally Posted by lillong1991
I heard an ebay HKS exhaust the other day on a Z and it sounded like absolute trash
Cheap engineering...

Originally Posted by hogZ
I had one of those... The price is good, the piping is not the best quality stainless, the bracket are steel so they rust... And it is a pain to install, they are definitely not bolt on, had to cut and re-weld mine But it was worth it for the price in my opinion.

The tips will definitely change color and be pretty ugly. But it's not that bad for a 300$ exhaust. Oh and I must say that it is pretty heavy too...
Like "you are what you eat"...your car is only as good as the parts you put on it. Cheap parts do not make a NICE, bad-*** car...they make a cheesy-cheap car.

Originally Posted by cmcurran5
there are a lot of snobs on here dude. go to youtube and listen for yourself. they sound about the same.
Our exhaust, but not our video. MANY like our true-dual, H-pipe design. (one of our customers erroneously named his video HKS replica, but it's not...it's our original design. Sure they are similar, but there is only so many paths to route an exhaust under the car...):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=quJB6Ea2JyI

Originally Posted by verdict.
Not bad (from the description), but you get what you pay for. Personally, I'd save up a little more and get an exhaust that has been proven durable and reliable..02
Originally Posted by Tomato_Slicer
Originally Posted by JoeN350z
DNA Motoring (been around for awhile) and Speed Daddy (much newer) are one and the same company. Google their phone number - 626-965-8898...check it out. From what I've seen, a company usually changes their eBay user ID when they get too a bad of a reputation in the market. Just do your research before you buy.

Originally Posted by myzproject
When will people stop buying knockoff crap and actually take the time to save for quality parts... It will save you all the headache in the long run to do it right the first time around.
When will people stop thinking that just because it's expensive, it must be better quality?

Expensive is not always better. To a degree, it's just how much BS a company's marketing department can sell you on.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:58 AM
Bmurray350z

I remember buying the HKS Replica that Topspeed makes like a year 1/2 ago... there were holes in 3 different welded locations, and fitment was complete ****. haven't bought anything from them since.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:06 AM
TS PRO-1
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Bmurray350z
I remember buying the HKS Replica that Topspeed makes like a year 1/2 ago... there were holes in 3 different welded locations, and fitment was complete ****. haven't bought anything from them since.
...and did you contact us to make us aware of a problem you were having?

I'd be lying if I claimed that in 16 years we've never had a single defect, but we always do right for the customer and take care of ANY problem that arises. At the end of the day, that's what matters.

Sorry to hear that you choose to limit your performance parts options...

Old 11-12-2012, 09:10 AM
Bmurray350z

Originally Posted by TS PRO-1
...and did you contact us to make us aware of a problem you were having?

I'd be lying if I claimed that in 16 years we've never had a single defect, but we always do right for the customer and take care of ANY problem that arises. At the end of the day, that's what matters.

Sorry to hear that you choose to limit your performance parts options...

Of all the "defective items" I've purchased over the years.. Every seller has wanted me to pay to ship the item back. So I said fukc it and just welded the holes myself. Still fit like a$$ and didn't sound too great. ended up selling it and got a $250 ebay exhaust, that sounded a lot better, and fit almost perfect.. that was all on my old z though. i have learned not to buy cheap parts from cheap companies now.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:37 AM
TS PRO-1
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Bmurray350z
Of all the "defective items" I've purchased over the years.. Every seller has wanted me to pay to ship the item back. So I said fukc it and just welded the holes myself. Still fit like a$$ and didn't sound too great. ended up selling it and got a $250 ebay exhaust, that sounded a lot better, and fit almost perfect.. that was all on my old z though. i have learned not to buy cheap parts from cheap companies now.
We're not every seller. In the event of a defect, we pay for the return shipping. That's our policy.

Quick Reply: Replica HKS Exhausts Ebay/Godspeed