Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 11:27 AM
derekinthez

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Proof

Originally Posted by MrWatchDawg
sounds liek a ricer i think

-Mo
I don't know if this exhaust is crap or not becuase I have never used it. I just don't like calling things rice b/c they are not high priced name brand stuff. Hey, before most tuner products catch on, they are lower in price and non-named brand. Of course, all of the old guard companies like HKS can put out anything and charge 3x the cash because of their R&D. The knock off companies basically steal the design (Hey how hard can it be to duplicate an HKS exhuast) and sell cheaper b/c they have no R&D cost. So until someone produces objective dyno data and objective/subjective data on fitment, I'm not really wanting to call any exhaust product rice.
Old 01-23-2008, 01:23 PM
Threads

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this is being greedy, but I would love to see some dynos with this compared to a stock Z, HR and non-HR motors....
Old 01-23-2008, 07:51 PM
chromesilver6

Looks pretty good. Would like to see even more pics. For the price you just cant even come close to thins. Keep em coming.
Old 01-25-2008, 01:50 AM
pvd350z

i have the same exhaust xo2 on my 06 G35. sounds deeper then HKS, i prefer the high pitch!! It's stands out more. Bought the exhaust from CXlighting, for a good priced however i wasn't too impress w/ the tips! I've emailed the guy several times asking to see if can get replacements but there's no comment!! Fitment is a little off, the left exhaust hangs a bout 1/2 inch lower then the right one. Honestly don't feel much on hp increase, just a lot more sound and quicker rpm revs at lower mph. After all tubes are tubes regardless of name brand or not as long as there made of same material however the muffler and what's inside them will change the exhaust note. I personally prefer the higher pitch (HKS), right now my G sounds similar to a Greddy exhaust on an 07 STi when compared side by side. Sti is a bit more noticable due to the turbo the exhaust sounds a bit more aggressive. over all IMO you can't get a better true dual exhaust for the price you pay!!
Old 01-25-2008, 02:12 PM
chromesilver6

I ordered mine today and as soon as i get it i will take detailed pics of the full install with my impressions. Stay tuned.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:31 PM
baspence

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy4SZU7EoiM

my AAM exhaust.... single with Y pipe and JWT pops
Old 02-05-2008, 02:27 PM
flipboy326

ordered it yesterday....i'm in houston, tx so it mght take longer than 5 days...very interested to see how it looks, sounds.....etc.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:31 PM
WTX350Z

Originally Posted by flipboy326
ordered it yesterday....i'm in houston, tx so it mght take longer than 5 days...very interested to see how it looks, sounds.....etc.
as are we.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:59 PM
350ZTheStandard

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine were in last week but with school & the superbowl, still sitting in the garage. I will finally get the chance to install em this weekend. Overall the quality looks nice, clean & solid welds, stainless steel, only thing is the tips are not burnt like in the pics on eBay. I will email the seller, and should know more later this week. Can't wait ....
Old 02-05-2008, 04:46 PM
smaha

Originally Posted by flipboy326
I gotta hear the XO2 when you get it installed. I got 3-4 weeks before I get my car back (wreck) but am definately considering XO2 as my first choice. What side of town you in?
Old 02-05-2008, 04:49 PM
victor1

installed mine last saturday. Bought it used for $350.00. Overall its a great looking exhaust. Very Deep sound. I wish I can afford a Nismo exaust with test pipes, but I don't really want to spend more than 700 bucks on an exhaust.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:30 PM
flipboy326

Originally Posted by smaha
I gotta hear the XO2 when you get it installed. I got 3-4 weeks before I get my car back (wreck) but am definately considering XO2 as my first choice. What side of town you in?
i live in the galleria.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:01 PM
350ZTheStandard

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Finally installed the X02 exhaust.... not really enough miles for a true evaluation. Here are my thoughts so far,

* increased throTTle response and torque in the low end

* I seem to hitting the rev limiter 4600 rpms on most shifts now

* The exhaust note is louder than I am used to, but not unbearable or deafening

* the fitment was perfect, once I got the stock exhaust out of the way

* I will post pics on the fitment next week, I didn't take any on the install but I will show just how nice the fitment really is.

* still need more miles to fully evaluate the exhaust, bummed cause Saturday when I was installing I missed a track day. They tell me a NOOB 350Z owner trashed the back end on the passengers side when he kissed the wall. I am hoping to see the pics in the next week.
Old 02-12-2008, 12:21 AM
JKC350z

i just took my x02 OFF, I swapped it out for the turboxs and the x02 had rust spots. I was thinnking to myself like wtf I only had it since the summer. There were rust spots near the welds and just sitting on the piping itself. I say that the x02 is cheap quality
Old 02-12-2008, 07:44 AM
skn5002

Originally Posted by pvd350z
i have the same exhaust xo2 on my 06 G35. sounds deeper then HKS, i prefer the high pitch!! It's stands out more. Bought the exhaust from CXlighting, for a good priced however i wasn't too impress w/ the tips! I've emailed the guy several times asking to see if can get replacements but there's no comment!! Fitment is a little off, the left exhaust hangs a bout 1/2 inch lower then the right one. Honestly don't feel much on hp increase, just a lot more sound and quicker rpm revs at lower mph. After all tubes are tubes regardless of name brand or not as long as there made of same material however the muffler and what's inside them will change the exhaust note. I personally prefer the higher pitch (HKS), right now my G sounds similar to a Greddy exhaust on an 07 STi when compared side by side. Sti is a bit more noticable due to the turbo the exhaust sounds a bit more aggressive. over all IMO you can't get a better true dual exhaust for the price you pay!!
The exhaust tips I received were also pretty crappy. I emailed them about it ... you have to talk directly to kevin at cxlighting I believe. I gave them $10 to cover part of labor and shipping costs (they said they were hardly making any money off of the exhaust as is). The new exhaust tips were ... BEAUTIFUL. Honestly, the tips looked identical or even better than the hks tips. I was very impressed and must say that was the best 10 bucks I ever spent. I'll try to get new pics of the tips if anyone is interested.
Old 02-23-2008, 02:36 PM
WTX350Z

update?
Old 02-24-2008, 12:41 PM
Tsex On 19s

Originally Posted by skn5002
The exhaust tips I received were also pretty crappy. I emailed them about it ... you have to talk directly to kevin at cxlighting I believe. I gave them $10 to cover part of labor and shipping costs (they said they were hardly making any money off of the exhaust as is). The new exhaust tips were ... BEAUTIFUL. Honestly, the tips looked identical or even better than the hks tips. I was very impressed and must say that was the best 10 bucks I ever spent. I'll try to get new pics of the tips if anyone is interested.
interested in pics
Old 02-24-2008, 01:13 PM
pimpin714style

Originally Posted by baspence
has anyone on the site actually see or hear this exhaust in person. it or an x02 actually
im running an xo2 exhaust for a two years now, never had any problems with rust or welds. bought it from there website http://www.xo2racing.net/cart/produc...ucts_id=110350
i never dyno'd the car till after i put on the exhaust and popcharger so i dont know if i got any gains, i did put down 262hp with 249tq on my 04.dont know if any of this info helps but g/l on ur decision. oh and keeping the extra 1100 in my pocket does feel so good.
Old 02-24-2008, 01:20 PM
Tsex On 19s

Originally Posted by pimpin714style
im running an xo2 exhaust for a two years now, never had any problems with rust or welds. bought it from there website http://www.xo2racing.net/cart/produc...ucts_id=110350
i never dyno'd the car till after i put on the exhaust and popcharger so i dont know if i got any gains, i did put down 262hp with 249tq on my 04.dont know if any of this info helps but g/l on ur decision. oh and keeping the extra 1100 in my pocket does feel so good.
Some members see rusting on their exhaust, while others don't.. is rusting common with exhaust in general, even if their "stainless steel"? how about those brand name exhaust, do they rust often? I really like this exhaust for the price and performance. It seems like it improved your Z's performance because aren't more stock dyno's at around 240 whp?
Old 02-24-2008, 07:11 PM
SiNzz

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Seems that rust has more to do with the quality of the stainless. Also remember, stainless doesn't mean it's rust proof, just means it stains less...lol. My friend has been running this all winter, and so far it has held up fine.

Quick Reply: Replica HKS Exhausts Ebay/Godspeed