Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Japtrix Y-PiPE and midpipe?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2003, 02:33 PM
miami4246

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Japtrix Y-PiPE and midpipe?

Thinking about getting y-pipe and midpipe from japtrix anyone havethis mod and is it worth the money?
Old 06-11-2003, 04:44 PM
westpak
SFZCC

fellow club member slaponte here in south florida has the y-pipe and mid-pipe installed and likes it give him a shout.

I just have the mid pipe as already had a fujitsubo system on, and like the y-pipe addition.
Old 06-12-2003, 03:24 AM
j's350z

Hold off on that for a little bit... LSDunique should have one out real soon. I'll be prototyping and testing soon... Pics soon also...
Old 06-12-2003, 06:25 AM
slaponte

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

j's, any particular reason to wait for the new one??

4246, I have the Y and mid, with my cats per OEM and my OEM muffler. They sound great (which to me is kind of quiet), can barely tell they are there until you go pas 4000 rpm when they come "on".

The materials are a work of art. The pipes fit perfectly, no bending/banging or any silly things. They just bolted on. The longest part of the process was to wait for the car to cool off to work on it.

I feel some power, but hard to judge how much. I was going to dyno but missed it (girlfriend took precedence).

Is it worth it : I am happy I spent the money. If you are in the Miami area we could meet somewhere and you can check them out...
Old 06-12-2003, 07:05 AM
j's350z

I'm sure the products you have are nice, but what did they cost? The new ones that I'll have soon will be priced great and will look great too.... Info will be posted soon.....
Old 06-13-2003, 01:31 PM
slaponte

J's, it wasn't a challenge or sarcastic comment. I just wanted to know more about whats coming up!

Any info on expected gains and pricing would be most welcomed. Even if I bought something, I am sure my fellow Z owners would appreciate it.

Sorry, didn't mean to come through as a flame or anything. By developing this products you help improve the available items and reduce pricing via competition. To me, the more the merrier!

Old 06-13-2003, 01:37 PM
slaponte

And, if it helps, how I chose to do it or not :

A) I had a good referal from Westpak, who I trust as a fellow Z owner and club member.

B) The HP gains and cost seemed reasonable to me.

C) When I got there : materials. The items didn't look flimsy, but solid and well packaged.

D) Fit : when those holes line up you can tell somebody did their homework. It was OEM precision. I was impressed.

E) Results. Once down from the rack, great sound, no exhaust leaks or anything like that. Drive home (I went 60 miles+ there) was awesome, great sound, great response.

The shop : the guys at Japtrix seem very professional but lots of fun. Avid enthusiasts. They let you share and enjoy the process, which I appreciated as well.

Always glad to share a good experience. Thanks Gus!
Old 06-13-2003, 02:52 PM
Traffic

Default Re: Japtrix Y-PiPE and midpipe?

Originally posted by miami4246
Thinking about getting y-pipe and midpipe from japtrix anyone havethis mod and is it worth the money?
I've got the Japtrix midpipe. Definitely worth the money. The car has got a bit more punch and the effect is even more noticeable with a freer-flowing exhaust. The midpipe (or Y-pipe) dynoed at +5 HP I believe.
Old 06-13-2003, 02:52 PM
Traffic

Default Re: Japtrix Y-PiPE and midpipe?

Originally posted by miami4246

I've got the Japtrix midpipe. Definitely worth the money. The car has got a bit more punch and the effect is even more noticeable with a freer-flowing exhaust. The midpipe (or Y-pipe) dynoed at +5 HP I believe.
Old 06-14-2003, 07:08 PM
westpak
SFZCC

That was the y-pipe, the mid pipe is the straight portion with the resonator.
Old 06-16-2003, 07:01 AM
j's350z

I wasn't trying to say anything negative about anyone else's product, I was just saying that their will be more on the market soon... Sorry for any misunderstandings... Anyway, here is some info... Polished stainless Y-Pipes will be about $230 and midpipes will be about $180.. These will be direct bolt in replacements... Gains should be the same as everyone elses and pics and dyno results will follow soon... I am a third party Private person that will be trying out different products for the Z and will post my findings good or bad... Their may be many new good products coming soon that you may be interested in.. (headers, intake manifold, suspension parts, cat back exhaust, etc..) Stay tuned for updates....
Old 09-10-2003, 07:59 PM
datspeed77

What's up guys! I'm a bit confused, is the mid pipe and y-pipe the same piece? I have an exhaust that started after the factory y-pipe and back. Don't see any midpipe,unless the y-pipe is the midpipe. Or the midpipe was taken out with the new exhaust! Get the question? Now I'm getting confused! Haaa.
Old 09-10-2003, 09:00 PM
westpak
SFZCC

The y-pipe and the mid pipe are separate parts. The mid pipe is the straight pipe that bolts to the back of the muffler and goes forward and bolts to the y pipe.

Unless you have the Borla/Injen/Stillen dual exhaust all single aftermarket exhausts only replaced the mid pipe and muffler and left the y-pipe alone.

I have the Fujitsubo exhaust and added the japtrix y-pipe and it helped, you can feel and hear the difference.

Here is some more info on the pipes made by Japtrix https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=26180