Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

HKS Race Suction Kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 10:36 AM
pfregeolle

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default HKS Race Suction Kit

Hey all,

I looked and searched and couldn't find a thread on this, so let me know if I missed it...

But I was wondering if anyone has ever seen, heard of, or has this? Its an intake (Race Suction Kit) made by HKS. And I was thinking about ordering it because I want to get a Japanese intake rather than an american made such as AEM or Injen. It looks cool...super short ram though. I don't know that I think yet.

Here's a link to it a vividracing:

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/h...4-p-19473.html

Let me know what your feedback is!

Thanks!

-Paul
Old 01-28-2008, 11:12 AM
Escobar

Received 153 Likes on 127 Posts

Go for it man. Looks pretty good, give us a review once you get it on. The only thing I see is the mushroom of death, I believe those air filters have gotten horrible reviews.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:15 AM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i have had it. Just like every other intake. it def wasn't worth it for the price tag. The heatshield is just a crappy design. You are only paying for the HKS name.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:20 AM
pfregeolle

hmmmmm. Damn I mean its either that, or the ARC or blitz. hahaha I dont wana pay $600 to $800 for an intake....so I think Ill go with HKS hahaha plus it will match my exhaust when I get that too. If I order it, I'll let you guys know what I think and maybe do an install write-up, blah blah blah
Old 01-28-2008, 11:24 AM
Thanh386

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I actually have it on my car and it's for sale if u are interested. Mines for a 350z tho. It looks nothing like that. The suction is yellow not green, and the pipe is longer. PM me if u want more info.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:27 AM
pfregeolle

Do you like it? What do you think about it? Ever gotten a dyno testing?
Old 01-28-2008, 11:29 AM
Escobar

I doubt he would dyno an intake.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:34 AM
pfregeolle

True that....you never know though. I had a mazdaspeed miata before this, and every bit of power was a big deal to us, hahaha so Im used to people asking for dynos and numbers
Old 01-28-2008, 11:41 AM
HondaKiller
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good intake, just not worth the money. No intake is really, i mean **** i paid $289 for my injen 3 years ago....
Old 01-28-2008, 11:45 AM
SuperBlack350z

Originally Posted by pfregeolle
hmmmmm. Damn I mean its either that, or the ARC or blitz. hahaha I dont wana pay $600 to $800 for an intake....so I think Ill go with HKS hahaha plus it will match my exhaust when I get that too. If I order it, I'll let you guys know what I think and maybe do an install write-up, blah blah blah
ok, so you are getting this to match your exhaust?

if you are into brands, then get it. If you are into power or sound, it's not different than other intakes. Other intakes are actually better IMO. The filter on these things are weird.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:56 AM
Flee0588

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

This has been discussed before. popcharger. better yet, just get a K&N filter and a intake duct, save yourself the extra $300.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:09 PM
pfregeolle

Originally Posted by SuperBlack350z
ok, so you are getting this to match your exhaust?

if you are into brands, then get it. If you are into power or sound, it's not different than other intakes. Other intakes are actually better IMO. The filter on these things are weird.

I'm not getting it soley based on my decision to get the HKS exhaust. I was saying that it may be nice because it will match. I just want a japanese made intake, and since the blitz and ARC are much, much more, I don't mind paying between 300 and 375 for it. i just saw a thread for someone who is selling his ARC induction box for $400. This is JUST A BOX! Of course it comes with a filter, but essentially its no better than a K&N filter. Plus I know that this makes the same if not less power than some of the american made intake systems, but that's not what I care about. People spend way more on things than they need to, just look at volk racing wheels or some other really popular part that people will spend thousands of dollars on when they could go cheap and spend like half the money for almost the same product. It's the name that people want. I want quality and the name. The car is already fast. Why would I put american parts on a japanese car. I like to keep it genuine, and true style.

Of course in japan, they buy american cars, but then put japanese parts in them.....maybe thats saying something about american parts...

Its just my own personal opinion, and didn't know I was going to get criticized for asking if anyone had used it or liked it, or even seen it. I know I did ask about what you thought, but it can't be so bad of an intake that its going to blow up the engine or something.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:20 PM
Escobar

Its not gonna blow up. We are just saying its a waste of money for what you get. We aren't criticizing you, we are just tryin to help you out. If you wanna spend the money to say its HKS then fine, like I said, post up some pics and enjoy it.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:33 PM
ExBF Material

...06 Airbox + K&N drop in filter (I've heard Blitz has a great drop in filter that's oil free). That's all you need. All intakes pretty much sound the same and will most likely have the same numbers. The only numbers that would differ are the price numbers. So save some money and time as well with the installation and go with that option. But as previously stated above, if you're a brand *****, then go ahead and shoot out a few bills.

Also, I've heard the JWT Popcharger and ARC Induction Box has problems with heat soak. Can anybody verify this please?
Old 01-28-2008, 03:37 PM
SuperBlack350z

I'm not getting it soley based on my decision to get the HKS exhaust. I was saying that it may be nice because it will match. I just want a japanese made intake, and since the blitz and ARC are much, much more, I don't mind paying between 300 and 375 for it. i just saw a thread for someone who is selling his ARC induction box for $400. This is JUST A BOX! Of course it comes with a filter, but essentially its no better than a K&N filter. Plus I know that this makes the same if not less power than some of the american made intake systems, but that's not what I care about. People spend way more on things than they need to, just look at volk racing wheels or some other really popular part that people will spend thousands of dollars on when they could go cheap and spend like half the money for almost the same product. It's the name that people want. I want quality and the name. The car is already fast. Why would I put american parts on a japanese car. I like to keep it genuine, and true style.

Of course in japan, they buy american cars, but then put japanese parts in them.....maybe thats saying something about american parts...

Its just my own personal opinion, and didn't know I was going to get criticized for asking if anyone had used it or liked it, or even seen it. I know I did ask about what you thought, but it can't be so bad of an intake that its going to blow up the engine or something.
ok, well you can get it if you want. But since i have been through it, i think i would rather dish out another 400 bucks on the ARC intake because the HKS really isn't worth it, material wise either. The ARC looks to be much more high quality.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:41 PM
jonnylaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ExBF Material
...06 Airbox + K&N drop in filter (I've heard Blitz has a great drop in filter that's oil free). That's all you need. All intakes pretty much sound the same and will most likely have the same numbers. The only numbers that would differ are the price numbers. So save some money and time as well with the installation and go with that option. But as previously stated above, if you're a brand *****, then go ahead and shoot out a few bills.

Also, I've heard the JWT Popcharger and ARC Induction Box has problems with heat soak. Can anybody verify this please?
I dunno, but I think the popcharger is more prone to heat soak than the ARC and the ARC would be more prone to heatsoak than the Stillen b/c the ARC's material is aluminum. pic's of mine--:

Old 01-28-2008, 05:05 PM
ke0ki2k

3 inch mass air flow? what kinda tube is that? Z tube?
Old 01-28-2008, 05:13 PM
jonnylaw

Originally Posted by ke0ki2k
3 inch mass air flow? what kinda tube is that? Z tube?
Amuse Titan tube.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:57 PM
pfregeolle

dang, that dude goes all out. I was about to say, I thought the ARC was JUST the induction box. So add the Amuse pipe on there on top of that. DANNNGGGG But it looks oh so good.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:02 PM
jonnylaw

dang, that dude goes all out. I was about to say, I thought the ARC was JUST the induction box. So add the Amuse pipe on there on top of that. DANNNGGGG But it looks oh so good.
I'm pretty sure Marty was first to go with the ARC box and Amuse titan tube combo When I go HKS sc, both the box and the tube will be up for sale

Quick Reply: HKS Race Suction Kit