Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 08:05 PM
06dieselZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I
Old 03-22-2008, 05:26 AM
fioriii

Just joined this site and wanted to see if anyone else got the PRM intake on their cars. PRM actually used my car to develop it. We have a dyno date next weekend to see the actual numbers. I'll post the results as soon as I get them. On the surface, I'm very pleased with the intake. Car has a nicer hum to it. The RPM's climb faster past I'd say about 4000 - 5000 mark. Had a minor problem with engine light coming on. Went away when I disconnected the battery. Hasn't come back on.
Old 03-22-2008, 05:51 AM
Sean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fioriii
Just joined this site and wanted to see if anyone else got the PRM intake on their cars. PRM actually used my car to develop it. We have a dyno date next weekend to see the actual numbers. I'll post the results as soon as I get them. On the surface, I'm very pleased with the intake. Car has a nicer hum to it. The RPM's climb faster past I'd say about 4000 - 5000 mark. Had a minor problem with engine light coming on. Went away when I disconnected the battery. Hasn't come back on.
Reconnect the battery and tell us if the light comes back on.
Old 03-22-2008, 06:00 AM
Netko350Z

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

L
Old 03-22-2008, 06:01 AM
Netko350Z

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Even the 350Z says.....FAIL!!!
Old 03-22-2008, 06:15 AM
OCG35
Banned

Interesting design... not sure about gains... seems that it would be hard to clean... I choose intake tubes that have good thermal properties (plastic w/thermal coating or CF) not a fan of metal intake tubes.

It will be interesting to see results.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:07 AM
Meedo350

How can we clean the filter , is't removeble ?
Old 03-25-2008, 03:15 AM
tywinter

OP

Does this come with a new MAF or do you relocate the old into it. You can't see it in the pics. If you relocate it is the housing any larger than stock?
Old 03-25-2008, 05:20 AM
Reality350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tywinter
OP

Does this come with a new MAF or do you relocate the old into it. You can't see it in the pics. If you relocate it is the housing any larger than stock?

In this PIC, you can see the MAF has been relocated higher up the intake tube.
Old 03-25-2008, 05:25 AM
Reality350

Do you live in Schomberg, as well?

Did prm explain, why it threw a code?

Last edited by Reality350; 03-25-2008 at 07:26 AM.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:31 AM
ISMSOLUTIONS

I'm sure a dyno will come shortly.....if this thing can put out anywhere from about 7+hp and tq....Stillen and JWT and rest better watch out...
Old 03-25-2008, 07:35 AM
ISMSOLUTIONS

Originally Posted by g35sedan5at
the only intake i see worth buying is JWT, and that cuz when i had my 06 it was the only intake that didnt make it feel slower.
Actually...the only intake worth buying thus far is the Stillen. There is no heat soak potential and the venturi is what makes that system stand apart.

The JWT is good - but Stillen went the extra step enclosing it and using the venturi.

Rick
Old 03-25-2008, 08:17 AM
ke0ki2k

are we EVER gonna see dynos on this thing?
Old 03-25-2008, 08:27 AM
ISMSOLUTIONS

Originally Posted by ke0ki2k
are we EVER gonna see dynos on this thing?
Hey all - give them a little slack here. I've had a few PM's with them and they are totally new to the forum thing. I gave them a few pointers on what to prepare for dyno's etc, before going much further, I think they are just getting their ducks in a row.

Give them a week to get everything together....personally, if this thing puts out the HP and TQ that the others do, or even beats them, damn, this would be a major winner in the intake market.

Rick
Old 03-25-2008, 08:35 AM
n1sm0r

Sorry, but where is all this "JWT should watch out" and "best intake on the market" coming from when there is absolutely no proof. Show us a dyno to back up the hype
Old 03-25-2008, 08:45 AM
ISMSOLUTIONS

Originally Posted by n1sm0r
Sorry, but where is all this "JWT should watch out" and "best intake on the market" coming from when there is absolutely no proof. Show us a dyno to back up the hype
OK - so don't be an ****...and watch your use of quotes. NOBODY said best intake on the market...and JWT should watch out comment is completely out of context. If your going to quote somebody - include the whole post - your VERY misleading.

There is no hype - just a point that you're all bashing a product you know nothing about yet, and per the vendor, info is coming....so let it come and give them a break.

As for my posts - if this intake, which is a new design from anything else out there for our cars, works, and possibly works better than the other staples we've all come to trust - then yea...JWT and Stillen and the others watch out...there's no hype there...just a simple statement that perhaps something better is coming our way.

Take a chill pill...maybe take 3 or 4...

Rick
Old 03-25-2008, 10:00 AM
ke0ki2k

I'd put money that my 06' intake box with a K&N filter will outperform almost anything else on the market, short of the system on Z1auto's 300 whp Z, including this thing. until there are INDEPEDENT dyno tests done by a shop or member trusted on this board, this product is gonna be viewed as snake oil and nothing more. a test done by the manufacturer will prove nothing.

Originally Posted by ISMSOLUTIONS
OK - so don't be an ****...and watch your use of quotes. NOBODY said best intake on the market...and JWT should watch out comment is completely out of context. If your going to quote somebody - include the whole post - your VERY misleading.

There is no hype - just a point that you're all bashing a product you know nothing about yet, and per the vendor, info is coming....so let it come and give them a break.

As for my posts - if this intake, which is a new design from anything else out there for our cars, works, and possibly works better than the other staples we've all come to trust - then yea...JWT and Stillen and the others watch out...there's no hype there...just a simple statement that perhaps something better is coming our way.

Take a chill pill...maybe take 3 or 4...

Rick
Old 03-25-2008, 10:07 AM
Reality350

Originally Posted by ISMSOLUTIONS
I'm sure a dyno will come shortly.....if this thing can put out anywhere from about 7+hp and tq....Stillen and JWT and rest better watch out...
although I am waiting on the dyno's.
I will go out on a limb to say, this will not hit home with JWT or Stillen.
At a $280 price point, this is pretty much in a "baller" league.
Old 03-25-2008, 10:16 AM
ISMSOLUTIONS

Originally Posted by Reality350
although I am waiting on the dyno's.
I will go out on a limb to say, this will not hit home with JWT or Stillen.
At a $280 price point, this is pretty much in a "baller" league.
Hey - I don't know much about it either...price is price...performance is just that...baller is baller...whatever.....
Old 03-25-2008, 10:18 AM
ISMSOLUTIONS

Originally Posted by ke0ki2k
I'd put money that my 06' intake box with a K&N filter will outperform almost anything else on the market, short of the system on Z1auto's 300 whp Z, including this thing. until there are INDEPEDENT dyno tests done by a shop or member trusted on this board, this product is gonna be viewed as snake oil and nothing more. a test done by the manufacturer will prove nothing.
I don't see anywhere, where anyone would disagree with you....

Quick Reply: PRM Jet Stream Intake System;now available for 350z