Old 03-26-2008, 07:04 PM
ct350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i still think its a bit to pricey!!!
Old 03-26-2008, 07:08 PM
Changvi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hooverp
hey guys i just joined the forum. im the guy from arizona with the other prm kit.and let me just say that this kit is really awesome. i had a fujita kit on it before and now that i have the prm kit on there now, there is comparisons are crazy different. the sound is so much louder, the rpms climb significantly greater, and i can actually feel a slight pull from the power gains. there is no need to get it dynoed to know that i gained hp and torque values. i highly recommend this kit to all 350z owners. i have a greddy single outlet exhaust and test pipes on my car and i now have loud noises coming out of both ends lol. i plan on trying to get my car dynoed next week so more to come for you guys, thx and again consider this kit. you will not be dissappointed.
LOL......i think its all in your head. Its called a butt dyno.....Unless the OP has a real dyno graph to prove that it actually gained 9whp, i will not even think PRM intake is a contender in the Z industry.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:19 PM
c3 rolling

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

still havent informed us on how the filter is cleaned lol
Old 03-26-2008, 07:22 PM
Sean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by c3 rolling

You remove the filter insert, turn it backwards and re-install it. This lets the engine suck out the diry for you, saving time and effort.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:40 PM
joe645733

Originally Posted by DaProdigy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-oXzlHP4qk

^^^ S2K sound clip...

im curious to hear this on the VQ and see some dyno sheets... to me an intake is an intake as long as it doesn't suffer form heat soak... but this design intrigues me... bump for some video and dyno
alls u can hear is a i4 vtech,

and it looks like the filter is so covered
Old 03-26-2008, 07:57 PM
c3 rolling

Originally Posted by Sean
You remove the filter insert, turn it backwards and re-install it. This lets the engine suck out the diry for you, saving time and effort.
ahh so its the same as my popcharger than, thanks for clearing that up
Old 03-26-2008, 08:21 PM
OCG35
Banned

their still working on that one... they just finished doctoring up the dyno chart
Old 03-26-2008, 08:24 PM
Sean

ahh so its the same as my popcharger than, thanks for clearing that up

That is the wrong way for the Pop, the directions clearly state to place the pop at the tip of the exhaust at W.O.T to clean it out.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:28 PM
luca
Sponsor
PRM Racing

Default cleaning instructions

cleaning instructions are on our web site under FAQ
you can clean the filter in the housing or elect to take the filter out.

sound clip of the dyno session should be up tomorrow!!
sounds sweet !

whats with all the bashing-ulterior motives ??
Old 03-26-2008, 08:33 PM
SirSpeedyZ

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

i'm more than happy with my pop-charger
Old 03-26-2008, 08:41 PM
BakaN20

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by luca
cleaning instructions are on our web site under FAQ
you can clean the filter in the housing or elect to take the filter out.

sound clip of the dyno session should be up tomorrow!!
sounds sweet !

whats with all the bashing-ulterior motives ??
You need some independent results. Its not independent when you are the ones posting them up. Have a shop and a board member do the tests and post up the results. I did it for motordyne, MRC did the install and dyno, totally independent of motordyne. There are a lot of shops in the west coast specific for 350zs that you could send your intake to.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:02 PM
pimpin714style

blah haters... put your money where your mouth is and buy one and if you can prove the sponsor wrong sell it in the private classifies.... this is seriously getting out of hand... its a ****ing intake!!!! to the sponsor... i'll consider getting one after a couple other mods are done... i can't believe all the hype over an intake lol its funny to me...
practice what you preach, i say you buy it first and then let the rest of us know how it is, if we see it in the classifieds right away its obviously garbage, i couldnt burn another board member on curiosity from an intake out of canada.like buying a turbo kit from mexico. jwt popcharger works just fine...ftw.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:16 PM
DaProdigy

Originally Posted by pimpin714style
practice what you preach, i say you buy it first and then let the rest of us know how it is, if we see it in the classifieds right away its obviously garbage, i couldnt burn another board member on curiosity from an intake out of canada.like buying a turbo kit from mexico. jwt popcharger works just fine...ftw.
lol i said i'd give it a shot... it's just annoying when someone comes to the forum trying to offer something new... and probobly innovative... and a bunch of crotch critters start biting... in other words one person says "oh thats bullsh!t.... i wouldn't buy that" then the whole damn thread turns into a bunch of guys shooting down this guys product without waiting on the proof... like i said before... i will try this out but i have an amuse kit / exhaust to tackle first... then i'll see what the deal is... but to talk **** about something you dont know about is pretty ignorant to me when i first saw the design i actually thought it could be a great intake... the only thing i dont like about it is the price... which im sure he'll do a group buy on it if he's smart
Old 03-26-2008, 09:18 PM
Sean

Originally Posted by pimpin714style

Hey, that is uncalled for.
http://www.theturboforums.com/smf/in...851.msg1044777

Old 03-27-2008, 08:29 AM
pimpin714style

Originally Posted by Sean
lol...good find.

lol i said i'd give it a shot... it's just annoying when someone comes to the forum trying to offer something new... and probobly innovative... and a bunch of crotch critters start biting... in other words one person says "oh thats bullsh!t.... i wouldn't buy that" then the whole damn thread turns into a bunch of guys shooting down this guys product without waiting on the proof... like i said before... i will try this out but i have an amuse kit / exhaust to tackle first... then i'll see what the deal is... but to talk **** about something you dont know about is pretty ignorant to me when i first saw the design i actually thought it could be a great intake... the only thing i dont like about it is the price... which im sure he'll do a group buy on it if he's smart
i see where ur coming from but it all started kinda sketchy, first no dyno sheet to back up, then hoover poppin up out of no where claimin he doesnt need a dyno to feel the results and then sketchy lookin dyno sheet on another thread https://my350z.com/forum/engine-and-drivetrain/346731-prm-kit-dyno-results.html , +1 if price was a little lower, i wouldnt mind being the test dummy for the san diego guys but it just threw up too many red flags. i got a pm sayin he would send me some sound clips so we'll see how it goes.

Last edited by pimpin714style; 03-27-2008 at 08:32 AM.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:48 AM
hooverp

what i dont understand is that all you people are just talking trash about the intake. if thats all yall are going to do then stop writing in the thread. it gets real boring reading about people talking trash. its either you buy and try or get the hell out. its that simple. i did it and i am very happy witht the results and i recommend the intake to others. plus isnt that how you start out with any other product is recommendation right. thx
Old 03-27-2008, 09:50 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by hooverp
what i dont understand is that all you people are just talking trash about the intake. if thats all yall are going to do then stop writing in the thread. it gets real boring reading about people talking trash. its either you buy and try or get the hell out. its that simple. i did it and i am very happy witht the results and i recommend the intake to others. plus isnt that how you start out with any other product is recommendation right. thx
Post before and asfter dyno's to prove yourself. The burden of proof is on guys like you who say its good, not on guys who naturally have doubts.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:08 AM
c3 rolling

make a video with before and after dyno showing the screen, screw the sound. Your gonna need alot of info to convince people when the 350z market is already saturated with dyno proven intakes.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:10 AM
iStan
ZR

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Honestly, you're going to have to send a unit out to someone that is trusted on these boards to do a dyno. March 2008 joiners will not fly.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:24 PM
DLH

So to eveyone who is not convinced with this intake,

What should I buy other than this one??

Quick Reply: PRM Jet Stream Intake System;now available for 350z