So to eveyone who is not convinced with this intake,

What should I buy other than this one??
stillen or 06 oem with k&n filter
Old 03-27-2008, 09:07 PM
ISMSOLUTIONS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 06dieselZ
that dyno looks photochopped
Actually the original posted, looks like a different summary sheet of the dyno print, that got cut off during a bad scan...the new one is up now though...

Hey LUCA - you should update the other thread with the better dyno picture you posted here...
Old 03-27-2008, 09:09 PM
ISMSOLUTIONS

Originally Posted by DaProdigy
i can't believe all the hype over an intake lol its funny to me...
Hype and/or excitement over a completely new design is exciting. A new intake for the first time in what, 4 years???? WOW, actual news!!!
Old 03-27-2008, 09:28 PM
ISMSOLUTIONS

Originally Posted by hooverp
what i dont understand is that all you people are just talking trash about the intake. if thats all yall are going to do then stop writing in the thread. it gets real boring reading about people talking trash. its either you buy and try or get the hell out. its that simple. i did it and i am very happy witht the results and i recommend the intake to others. plus isnt that how you start out with any other product is recommendation right. thx
HOOVER, DUDE....yo should stop posting and disrespecting others that have been here for YEARS and some of US that have spent 10's of thousands of dollars in R&D on other products for these cars. Whether you've been in this business for years or days, or not at all and your just a customer, quite honestly, your words, as a 2 poster with days of membership, is truly meaningless to everyone who's pretty much been here for more than 2-3 months.

I don't mean to bag on you...I don't do that, but stand down and out....quite simply.

Everyone else:
Gerry and PRM have a new product that looks to be promising. It's different for sure, and maybe it's the best thing out there. I know I would want to be different than everyone else, and this product would give someone that chance, and if it worked just as good, or better, then not a bad choice.

Yea...he started this thread all wrong...but he didn't know better, and like I posted before, give the SPONSOR a break already! Give him a chance to learn about how to do this and get his stuff in order...then judge the results.

For the doubters:

Stop bagging on and trashing the new Sponsor/vendor. If you decided to buy this thing, after everything comes out, and he puts out a great group buy price - hell, I'd remember you and not allow you to buy it at that price if I were him...so stop being *****!!!

The dude is trying to introduce something here. If you doubt it, want to prove it to be good or bad, call them and make a deal or something. for some reason you all think everyone else had to prove it to you so you can buy it...YOU STEP UP FOR ONCE...OR SHUT THE HELL UP!!!

That is all.......for this post

Last edited by ISMSOLUTIONS; 03-27-2008 at 09:30 PM.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:40 PM
pimpin714style

Originally Posted by AZVeilsideZ
Since your in AZ all the locals are meeting up Friday!!!!! You should bring out and let us check it out! A lot of the locals are on this form and have been on the forum for a couple years. HOOVERP visit www.westsidezmeet.com to get the info on were the meet is at and they even have a map on the site so you won't get lost getting there!
+1 , that would be a good idea.
Old 03-28-2008, 03:59 AM
Reality350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PRM,
We have a local meet on April 13th, it may benefit you to show up with few intakes in hand. We can dyno while we bbq.
Check the E/C forum for more details.

Cheers,
Old 03-28-2008, 04:08 AM
TheOtherRob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

subscribed for HR motor results
Old 03-28-2008, 09:08 AM
DaProdigy

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ISMSOLUTIONS
HOOVER, DUDE....yo should stop posting and disrespecting others that have been here for YEARS and some of US that have spent 10's of thousands of dollars in R&D on other products for these cars. Whether you've been in this business for years or days, or not at all and your just a customer, quite honestly, your words, as a 2 poster with days of membership, is truly meaningless to everyone who's pretty much been here for more than 2-3 months.

I don't mean to bag on you...I don't do that, but stand down and out....quite simply.

Everyone else:
Gerry and PRM have a new product that looks to be promising. It's different for sure, and maybe it's the best thing out there. I know I would want to be different than everyone else, and this product would give someone that chance, and if it worked just as good, or better, then not a bad choice.

Yea...he started this thread all wrong...but he didn't know better, and like I posted before, give the SPONSOR a break already! Give him a chance to learn about how to do this and get his stuff in order...then judge the results.

For the doubters:

Stop bagging on and trashing the new Sponsor/vendor. If you decided to buy this thing, after everything comes out, and he puts out a great group buy price - hell, I'd remember you and not allow you to buy it at that price if I were him...so stop being *****!!!

The dude is trying to introduce something here. If you doubt it, want to prove it to be good or bad, call them and make a deal or something. for some reason you all think everyone else had to prove it to you so you can buy it...YOU STEP UP FOR ONCE...OR SHUT THE HELL UP!!!

That is all.......for this post
thats what i've been saying for days... now that the dynos are showing results... whats their excuse now? anyway he sent me a pm about a sound clip and hopefully someone will post it before i have to learn how to upload and post it in here... bump for sound clips...

Luca:

Would you say that running this with an air-duct is safe from water locking the engine with this intake?

Example:

Old 03-28-2008, 09:14 AM
ISMSOLUTIONS

Originally Posted by DaProdigy
Luca:

Would you say that running this with an air-duct is safe from water locking the engine with this intake?
Anytime you open the intake up to water ingestion, it isn't safe. You may need to retro-fit one of the valves in it, and those fail sometimes too.

It's all at your own risk at that point.

Rick
Old 03-28-2008, 09:19 AM
DaProdigy

Originally Posted by ISMSOLUTIONS
Anytime you open the intake up to water ingestion, it isn't safe. You may need to retro-fit one of the valves in it, and those fail sometimes too.

It's all at your own risk at that point.

Rick
yeah i figured... i didnt want to cut into my shine fb anyway
Old 03-28-2008, 10:14 AM
Vq.turbo.DremZ

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

edit: can't find it anymore
Old 03-28-2008, 11:27 AM
luca
Sponsor
PRM Racing

Default PRM sound clip ?

Sorry sound clip file is to big for FORUM, i will have it on our website hopefully
tonight i know your all waiting.
As for the cool looking air duct, i don't think its for everybody but its
perfect for dry weather,perfect race setup thats what you call ram air , and it rocks,especially at high speeds,i've worked with a lot of race teams over the years with that kind of setup, World Challenge Cars , Drag racing etc. i run that setup on our race car,you will need to clean the filter more frequently.
NOT GOOD FOR RAIN HYDROLOCK - not recommended for street use unless you make some serious provisions for rain, like a way of disconnecting it as soon as it starts raining, blocking it off or possible cover, basically you can't direct rain into the filter, the way this system is designed ,it already
gets ambient air not as proficient as this ,but SAFE.

I'm going to set up a group buy look for it in the Classified section can't talk about sales on this thread, against the rules, should be up by Monday !!!

Last edited by luca; 03-28-2008 at 05:24 PM.
Old 03-28-2008, 11:29 AM
Vq.turbo.DremZ

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

if you'd like email me the vid... i can host it and or post it at numerous places...
Old 03-28-2008, 11:48 AM
luca
Sponsor
PRM Racing

send mean e-mail prm@look.ca
i will send it to you
it's not a video only a sound clip that was recorded on a digital
voice recorder. do what you will with it.
Thanks !!
Old 03-28-2008, 06:36 PM
350zxp

did anybody get the sound clip??
Old 03-28-2008, 07:42 PM
luca
Sponsor
PRM Racing

sound clip is on the web site -Home Page - prm.racing.com
so is the dyno graph
Old 03-28-2008, 08:30 PM
GrayG35

sounds good!
Old 03-29-2008, 05:28 AM
RBlover69

i hope someone can post results on a revup. If this intake proves gains over stock setup it def will spark my intrest.
Old 03-29-2008, 08:38 PM
DaProdigy

does anyone have a direct link because maybe im slow but i can't seem to find the sound clip link anywhere???

nevermind i found it... lol sounds pretty good... and the dyno sheets were good to see as well... bump for the Group Buy!

Last edited by DaProdigy; 03-29-2008 at 08:41 PM.