Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Veilside Titanium Tear Drop Exhaust, anyone buy it?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2003, 07:16 AM
Ricky
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Veilside Titanium Tear Drop Exhaust, anyone buy it?

I was was wondering if anyone bought Veilside's Tear Drop Titanium exhaust yet? If so, what are your impressions? I'm very curious since I believe it only weighs 14lbs
Old 07-11-2003, 08:01 AM
Nocturnal

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have it on the car right now...

Impression:

It looks awesome, and it sound awesome. It almost sound like a full blown race car, got that GT300 race car sound if you will. It is solid, but alot more crisp and high pitch then the Blora, at least when I compare it to the sound clip.

It was REALLY loud when I first got it, but once things got break in, it isn't really loud until you GUN it all the way down the street. Overall, it is one of the best sounding car I have heard on the street. It is hard to beat the sound of a V6 NA motor with a sport exhaust, unless you got something bigger.

One problem is that the center pipe before it split into the 2 exhaust will hit against the center cross brace (kind of like the injen the last I heard). I am not too sure if Veilside can do anything about that other then making the center pipe smaller (no point).

Or you can take a hammer and ram it against the titanium pipe (which I didn't), or ram it against the cross brace (not a good idea either)

I wrap some header wrap around the exhaust and the cross brace, and that seems to dampen them and so you won't have that metal hit against metal noise when driving.

Overall, I love it. It sounds so good, and it look so nice, especially when it is comming out of the Version 3 rear bumper.
Old 07-11-2003, 10:27 AM
samw1978

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got any pix?
That exhaust look good in the pictures