Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Bassani Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 11:56 AM
WhiteNoiz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just checked my PMs to see if I had anything from whoopazz1, and I saw a typo in my response to TreeFiddyZee. I'm sure it was caught, but I wanted to clarify, and also respond to the question of what it sounds like on the freeway. First things first, TreeFiddyZee was asking me about milage.

In town
before: average 19-20 mpg (my typo was here, I typed 29-20 lol)
after: average 23-24 mpg

Freeway
before: average 25-29 mpg
after: average 29-34 mpg

The sound on the freeway is basicly like an amplified stock setup. R-TuneZ had a great description, I dont think I could describe it any better myself. There is definatly no droning at highway speeds.

As far as losing bottom end TQ, I didnt put my car on a before/after dyno. I didn't notice a loss of low end. If I did lose some, its not noticable... I did notice quicker acceleration, and a sexy bass tone gargling from the back of my car.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:43 PM
whitt1

I run a Bassani exhaust on my 07 Nismo and really like the sound.On the dyno I picked up about 8hp and 12lb/ft of torque.I constantly get complements on the car's sound at local autocrosses.My wife hates it and complains that it is to loud.
Old 08-01-2008, 04:31 PM
whoopazz1

Originally Posted by WhiteNoiz
I just checked my PMs to see if I had anything from whoopazz1, and I saw a typo in my response to TreeFiddyZee. I'm sure it was caught, but I wanted to clarify, and also respond to the question of what it sounds like on the freeway. First things first, TreeFiddyZee was asking me about milage.

In town
before: average 19-20 mpg (my typo was here, I typed 29-20 lol)
after: average 23-24 mpg

Freeway
before: average 25-29 mpg
after: average 29-34 mpg

The sound on the freeway is basicly like an amplified stock setup. R-TuneZ had a great description, I dont think I could describe it any better myself. There is definatly no droning at highway speeds.

As far as losing bottom end TQ, I didnt put my car on a before/after dyno. I didn't notice a loss of low end. If I did lose some, its not noticable... I did notice quicker acceleration, and a sexy bass tone gargling from the back of my car.
Thanks for the info man. I made a deposit and payment today, now I'll have to wait for them to be made as Mike sold them all lol....

Thx again for all your input!
Old 08-15-2008, 02:26 AM
Z04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i just installed mine yesterday. biggest thing i can say about it is that the sound clip videos do not do this exhaust justice at all. this exhaust sounds mean when at WOT but quiet when just cruising. i love it even more.
Old 08-15-2008, 02:56 PM
WhiteNoiz

Originally Posted by Z04
i just installed mine yesterday. biggest thing i can say about it is that the sound clip videos do not do this exhaust justice at all. this exhaust sounds mean when at WOT but quiet when just cruising. i love it even more.
how was getting in the double muffler assembly?

I love the quiet/loud combo also.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:50 PM
B1nKs
Banned

There are 2 things I would like to know.

1: How does changing your exhaust improve the MPG so much ?

2: How come nobody seems to get the same performance gains that the clip from horsepowertv or w/e. They got 12 hp/ 23 lb/ft of torque.
Old 08-16-2008, 04:01 AM
Z04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how was getting in the double muffler assembly?

I love the quiet/loud combo also.

actually, that was easy. on base we have an auto craft shop w/lifts so i just got it in place, then used a muffler stand to hold it there while i positioned everything else.

and since you mentioned it, i did notice my fuel is doing a bit better as well.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:10 AM
WhiteNoiz

Originally Posted by B1nKs
There are 2 things I would like to know.

1: How does changing your exhaust improve the MPG so much ?

2: How come nobody seems to get the same performance gains that the clip from horsepowertv or w/e. They got 12 hp/ 23 lb/ft of torque.

1. in this case the more free flowing exhaust makes it easier for the motor to breath

2. Different dyno, different day. Who knows what variables made for such a dramatic change. I think that is why so many people were waiting to see what results other people had.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:12 AM
WhiteNoiz

Originally Posted by Z04
actually, that was easy. on base we have an auto craft shop w/lifts so i just got it in place, then used a muffler stand to hold it there while i positioned everything else.

and since you mentioned it, i did notice my fuel is doing a bit better as well.

oh, so your saying thats easier than having the car on jack stands, holding the muffler assembly up with your chest as you fit the pipes and put it on the hangers?

Old 08-18-2008, 10:13 AM
TreeFiddyZee
Do WHAAAAT!?

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

oh, so your saying thats easier than having the car on jack stands, holding the muffler assembly up with your chest as you fit the pipes and put it on the hangers?

Maybe, but's it's not nearly as manly!