Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2003, 04:38 AM
zpeedDemon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL!
Old 07-27-2003, 12:00 PM
cbsuper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually the Injen SES has a nice note with the cats on. After I took them off, the car did become noticably louder, but I think that will happen with any type of exhaust bolted to open cats.
Old 07-28-2003, 08:08 AM
350ZMatt

If you swap out your exhaust, check out my GHL Video and sound clip from sev months back. This is without my custom y-pipe!

http://mirror.importlife.tv/images/misc/ghl.wmv
Old 07-28-2003, 09:14 AM
99AllTurbo

Funny story.

Too bad the Injen gets too loud with the cat-pipes. I wanted them as my next mod but if it's gonna be too loud, I'll hold off.

I love the deep sound with the cats.
Old 07-28-2003, 10:30 AM
350ZMatt

Here is the dyno for the GHL Catback

Old 07-28-2003, 10:38 AM
rtakashima

Default anger

We know the SES makes great power. We know it is loud (many exhausts are loud). We know many people want straight tips. We made straight tips now and we are working on lowering the dB. The car is on the lift and hopefully we can quiet it down without sacrificing HP. The point is we are listening to you. What matters is that we try to make everybody happy.
We are not always on the forum so sometimes we don't hear the complaints. Call us, email us, etc. Let us know personally so we can fix a problem or address a request. This is how you will get results.
ETA is the end of the summer for the new release of the 350Z exhaust. We will offer angled and straight. Part number and price TBA. Just remember, in order to gain, you must sacrifice. In this case, you got noise. Let us try to improve this. Thanks for listening.
Old 07-28-2003, 11:44 AM
MGV156

Default I like mine....

Before I put the silencers on, there was a very noticeable gain from 3rd gear after hitting the 3k rpm mark and that's w/out the CAI. I know the CAI will only make the SES even more enjoyable; I just have to remove my silencers. I like having that loud sound. Come on guys, it's a f***ing sports car, it's meant to be loud and noticed (angled look)!!
Old 07-28-2003, 12:03 PM
zoasis

I have a video of my car running the autocross yesterday.

Does anyone know how to host video???

I just bought the camcorder and have all the firewire connects. I just need to figure out how to download and post.

One things for sure, the Injen exhaust DEFINITELY performs well, no doubt about it and its built EXTREMELY well and looks as good as anything I've seen as far as fit and finish. I shouldn't have posted Injen SES sucks, I should have said, Injen SES ruptured ear drums! :-)

This thing is WAY beyond any other sports car as far as the decible level. No doubt about it. I don't mind kind of loud, I just don't like LLLLLOOOOOOOUUUUUDDDDDDD.

I may just have a no-cats problem, I'll have to put the kitty's back in the sand box and see what happens.

Last edited by zoasis; 07-28-2003 at 12:08 PM.
Old 07-28-2003, 01:05 PM
350ZMatt

The fastest 350z right now is using Injen (Smithtown Nissan) so I know its producing good numbers. I wish i could have fit it on my car when they came out but i already had my kit and it wraps around the exhaust tips.
Old 07-28-2003, 02:05 PM
zoasis

The exhaust seems to be transforming a bit now that its getting broke-in. I'm slowly adapting to the loud. It's kind of growing on me!! OH MY GOD, I THINK MIKEY LIKES IT!!!

We'll, that may be a bit of a reach to say that I like it but lets just say its developed a little character, I really need to give it a few more days to see and then throw the cats back on. The power it produces is definitely worth the buck, no doubt about it. On the track, I don't think there's a better exhaust.

Last edited by zoasis; 07-28-2003 at 02:22 PM.
Old 07-28-2003, 02:14 PM
failsafe
....for your health

Originally posted by zoasis
I have a video of my car running the autocross yesterday.

Does anyone know how to host video???

I just bought the camcorder and have all the firewire connects. I just need to figure out how to download and post.

One things for sure, the Injen exhaust DEFINITELY performs well, no doubt about it and its built EXTREMELY well and looks as good as anything I've seen as far as fit and finish. I shouldn't have posted Injen SES sucks, I should have said, Injen SES ruptured ear drums! :-)

This thing is WAY beyond any other sports car as far as the decible level. No doubt about it. I don't mind kind of loud, I just don't like LLLLLOOOOOOOUUUUUDDDDDDD.

I may just have a no-cats problem, I'll have to put the kitty's back in the sand box and see what happens.
Yea put those cats back on and it should quiet down. Once it's broken in it will get a bit more mellow and deeper at idle. But you're going to have to live with the scream at WOT
Wait until you put the CAI on- The Injen CAI and SES are a great combo.
Old 07-28-2003, 02:20 PM
MGV156

Originally posted by failsaf3
Yea put those cats back on and it should quiet down. Once it's broken in it will get a bit more mellow and deeper at idle. But you're going to have to live with the scream at WOT
Wait until you put the CAI on- The Injen CAI and SES are a great combo.
CAI will defintely go on my car this weekend. Silencer removal attempt #1 is also on the agenda. Wish me luck....
Old 07-28-2003, 02:30 PM
rtakashima

A lot of people noticed that the exhaust and vehicle need a little time to settle in. We see great numbers after the exhaust has been on the vehicle for a short while. We had an SES on a 350Z for 2 months and we always get consistent numbers on the dyno. Sound adjusts too like people say. Keep in mind we have never tested the exhaust without the cats. As a manufacture, we will probably opt not to do to legalities.
Old 07-29-2003, 04:51 AM
99AllTurbo

Speaking of quieting down, I did some WOT runs last night and I never noticed that my Injen exhaust did quiet down. I may just do the cat-pipes.

I remember when I removed the resonator and it sounded to raspy. About 2 weeks later it had a much nicer sound. So the cat-pipes may change as well with time.
Old 07-29-2003, 04:02 PM
3rdpower

I had the borla on with and without cats. With cats it was a nice gurgly grumbling sound. Very pleasing to the ear at WOT especially... kinda like the word "Wot" it would makea *wwwwwOOOOOTTTTT* sound. Onces the test pipes got slapped on it was grumble grumble in the low RPMs and then LOUD LOUD LOUD at WOT... I was rippin' through downtown Seattle and it was echoing everywhere... I was like I sound like RiceCanMan! Unfortunately the power is too addicting. You are going to put those cats back on and be like ...
Old 07-29-2003, 08:16 PM
xZlr8

Dude, just put your cats back on. I almost guarantee you'll love the sound after that. I've had mine a few months. The first night i had it on i though it was a little loud but i liked it. Now its just mellow at low rpm's and SCREAMS at WOT (my CAI makes it sound awesome). Besides, our car has great high-flow cats........why remove them??