Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Custom Exhaust Setups

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 06:21 AM
culatr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom Exhaust Setups

Hey everyone:

There is obviously mucho interest in exhaust systems, with a lot of the energy going towards vetting the various offerings of the big manufacturers/tuners (ie. Stillen, Borla, Nismo, et. et.).

What I don't see a lot of is people talking about their "custom" (ie. not off the rack) setups and their satisfaction with them. I think a lot of people who are buying Borlas and others would consider a custom setup if they had some idea of the options that are available. I took a leap and went to a local shop that specializes in custom exhausts and came away with a much greater understanding of exhaust issues, an incredible system that sounds amazing and feels strong, and a fairly unique setup that I won't see duplicated ad nauseam when going to events. To top it off I spent less than I would have for the entry-level systems from the big players (if you include purchase plus install costs).

So what has the "custom crowd" done out there?

Mine:

Mandrel-bent cat back dual system with custom fabricated X pipe going into two Magnaflow high perf mufflers w/ double wall stainless angle cut tips (very similar to stock tips but a little more aggressive looking).

Like I said I could not be happier with it.
Old 08-08-2003, 09:26 AM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think this is cool since it is "custom", but some people have lost horsepower by going on the custom setup or got very minimal gains.

I think I'll leave the exhaust to professionals who do extensive R&D before making exhaust systems.

And the Borla isn't priced bad at all.

My 2 YEN

Victor
Old 08-08-2003, 11:28 AM
lowrider

Me - on a "G"

Full dual Syatem. 2.25" pipe back to an H pipe into two Blue Streak Glasspacks feeding into a Magnaflow X Muffler and out the stock tips. I painted the Muffler black for a stealthy look. Couldn't be happier with the system. Sound, power - It's all there.

Lou
Old 08-08-2003, 09:37 PM
BlackZ33

How much rwhp did you gain ?