Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Z1 vs Motordyne

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 07:10 PM
mcarther101

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Z1 vs Motordyne

Which plenum spacer is better for an '03? Performance-wise... and sound-wise... does anyone have any experience with both? Dyno comparisons/averages?
Old 01-29-2009, 07:33 PM
Get_Zwole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would go with motordyne just because its been around so long and ive seen the amount of work Tony puts into designing products.

After saying that im sure that z1's is a great product.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:26 PM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Search and i bet u will find the answer
Old 01-29-2009, 10:56 PM
urbanchaos

Or maybe the answer will be here when its answered
Old 01-30-2009, 12:19 AM
nismo240r

Motordyne all the way!

http://www.motordyneengineering.com/G35.php

http://www.motordyneengineering.com/dynos.htm

that's everything you should need .. .
Old 01-30-2009, 02:13 AM
Z04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

um, if they are the same size spacer the results should be the same. it depends on who you want to buy from and how much you want to spend is what it boils down to, personal choice is a beautiful thing.

Old 01-30-2009, 10:30 AM
Z3303

I just bought a motordyne 5/16 for my 03, best 200 I ever spent. Plus the gaskets are pre attached! Directions are straight foward too
Old 01-30-2009, 11:12 AM
INTIMAZY

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Flip a coin...
Performance differences between even a 1/2" and a 5/16" are minimal
Old 01-30-2009, 11:36 AM
Carbon-Z
Sleeps in 350Z

Originally Posted by mcarther101
Which plenum spacer is better for an '03? Performance-wise... and sound-wise... does anyone have any experience with both? Dyno comparisons/averages?
Motordyne by a long shot. He was the first to develope it and all the other companys copied his design.

Also the quality on his products and kits he sends out is 1st to none. It is the best.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:37 AM
Carbon-Z
Sleeps in 350Z

Originally Posted by Z04
um, if they are the same size spacer the results should be the same. it depends on who you want to buy from and how much you want to spend is what it boils down to, personal choice is a beautiful thing.

Some spacers do not come with the middle supports like Motordynes do and the plenums crack without them sadly. This is where MD did his research and sends those to prevent that. But the copycats didn't care.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:45 AM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I like motordyne, love my spacer. Tony is an excellent dude and is very quick and thorough and willing to help out and support his products.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:10 PM
freedonutss

I purchased the Z1 plenum recently and its a great product. Bryan is a great guy and ships very quick.

To answer your question its pretty much your personal preference.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:12 PM
rbfd

Motordyne all the way, Tony spends more time making sure things are perfect after the sale than most do in R&D and the initial sale in the first place.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:14 PM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Originally Posted by urbanchaos
Or maybe the answer will be here when its answered
or ur another lazy Dik and ur asking a question only u could answer. My next thread what do i want for Dinner tonight Japanese or Burger king?

Search is ur friend and trust me its the only one u got
Old 01-30-2009, 07:51 PM
THe Emperor

BK
The following users liked this post:
MP.350Z (06-07-2024)
Old 01-30-2009, 09:06 PM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Originally Posted by THe Emperor
BK
Old 01-30-2009, 09:20 PM
OCG35
Banned

Originally Posted by Carbon-Z
Motordyne by a long shot. He was the first to develope it and all the other companys copied his design.

Also the quality on his products and kits he sends out is 1st to none. It is the best.
Tony is a very knowledgeable guy and one of the best customer service of any industry I’ve ever experienced… he has a sound technical background and made some stellar decisions in the way he has produced and provided his products.

However, he was not the first to introduce the plenum spacer… a composite spacer that was absurdly overprice was first introduced out of Japan. Esprit was the first.

The early days of VQDE provided primarily modified plenum as a cost effective solution to the choked front cylinders (e.g. Crawford, then Kinetix) – Tony saw a need and filled the gap for fellow enthusiasts with his variation, a cost effective alternative to reconstructing the entire plenum.

Motordyne’s products have excelled because they are tried and true and priced within reason – independently dyno tested and endorsed by thousands of testimonials from many enthusiast (me included).

Other manufacturers saw the success that Motordyne achieved and wanted their piece of the mod money pie – therefore today we have many variations of the same principle – originally developed in Japan with overpriced US dollars in tow.

Having that been said – Adam from Z-1 is a great contributor to the forums and (from what I can tell and have researched) provides quality, tested products.

Motordyne is dedicated to specific performance areas and conducts detailed testing and outside-the-box approach to sometimes common and less than complicated areas of tweaking. Tony’s ability to analyze and evaluate an area for refinement is very unique and his solutions are brilliant.

Okay – that’s my view, but what it all comes down to is preference (as someone else stated) – Google was successful because the “in the know” liked their approach… but they didn’t provide anything that wasn’t already done – they just did it in a way that was appealing to the ones that mattered.

I’m a MDE fan btw.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:42 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

^ Well put but it could also be said that Motordyne was the first to (a) document and disclose the gains with independent testing and (b) provide a reasonably priced product for the US market.

Those that appreciate his initiative and effort can choose to reward him with their business.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:01 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it's not Z1Auto is it?

and Motordyne all the way. I cannot stress that after the sale support is the most important thing and I honestly don't think a single vendor on this site can touch his attitude or support. Especially considering how inexpensive his products are.
Old 01-31-2009, 04:37 AM
freedonutss

Originally Posted by OCG35
Tony is a very knowledgeable guy and one of the best customer service of any industry I’ve ever experienced… he has a sound technical background and made some stellar decisions in the way he has produced and provided his products.

However, he was not the first to introduce the plenum spacer… a composite spacer that was absurdly overprice was first introduced out of Japan. Esprit was the first.

The early days of VQDE provided primarily modified plenum as a cost effective solution to the choked front cylinders (e.g. Crawford, then Kinetix) – Tony saw a need and filled the gap for fellow enthusiasts with his variation, a cost effective alternative to reconstructing the entire plenum.

Motordyne’s products have excelled because they are tried and true and priced within reason – independently dyno tested and endorsed by thousands of testimonials from many enthusiast (me included).

Other manufacturers saw the success that Motordyne achieved and wanted their piece of the mod money pie – therefore today we have many variations of the same principle – originally developed in Japan with overpriced US dollars in tow.

Having that been said – Adam from Z-1 is a great contributor to the forums and (from what I can tell and have researched) provides quality, tested products.

Motordyne is dedicated to specific performance areas and conducts detailed testing and outside-the-box approach to sometimes common and less than complicated areas of tweaking. Tony’s ability to analyze and evaluate an area for refinement is very unique and his solutions are brilliant.

Okay – that’s my view, but what it all comes down to is preference (as someone else stated) – Google was successful because the “in the know” liked their approach… but they didn’t provide anything that wasn’t already done – they just did it in a way that was appealing to the ones that mattered.

I’m a MDE fan btw.
I think he meant Bryan from Z1 Motorsports not Z1 Auto LOL. Everyone always gets those 2 vendors mixed up

Quick Reply: Z1 vs Motordyne