Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Looking for new exhaust: Borla vs. Injen opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 05:29 PM
cantcatchme22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for new exhaust: Borla vs. Injen opinions?

I am looking to get a new True dual Borla or an Injen exhaust. I have heard the Borla is not much louder than stock. I would like feedback from anyone who has these if possible. Also, if anyone has either one of these for sale. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I can get the true dual Borla shipped for 630.00 new so if anyone can beat that let me know. Just not sure which one to go with.
Old 09-11-2003, 06:36 PM
Ricky
Banned

It's all about your preference.

Injen : Might yeild slighly better results since the angle tips/piping allow more free-flow of the exhaust. It's definatly much louder than stock. Bottom line, if you don't mind the angle tips, and looking for something that will definatly get you noticed, Injen is right for you.

Borla : Very stock looking, many people can't even tell. Slightly louder than stock, more of a domestic roar/growl, but not like those Rustangs (jk, nothing wrong with them!). It definatly feels a little bit more powerful, but nothing drastic. Bottom line, if you want to retain your stock look, but want some more power, and not looking to get noticed, Borla is right for you.

Personally, I chose Borla. I like the clean stock look, while giving me some performance. Plus I don't want something too loud, gets annoying on long drives.

All to their own though, this entire post is just my opinion!
Old 09-13-2003, 05:48 PM
awssumz

I have the Injen and they are too loud for me. I wish I had gone with the Borla's.
Old 09-13-2003, 06:02 PM
Turcoupe

I got the Injen and I am 100 % glad that I did. (My opinion..)Very noticeable performance gains, makes the Z sound more like a sports car, and looks that set you apart from the herd...
Old 09-14-2003, 09:21 AM
galvaninzer

I absolutely agree about the Injen. I love it. It is a bit loud for the first week or 2, but after that it really mellows out. You definetly get noticed(city, hwy, strip). IMO it makes the Z sound deep, mean & sporty as hell. Took the car to the dealership & all the mechanics, including the sales manager flipped out when they heard the exhaust. They loved it. They said there was another Z that came in w/ the Borla & they didn't even notice the difference until they saw the Borla badge.
injen all the way!!! If you don't like the angled tips,
injen is coming out w/ straight tips soon.
My $0.02
Old 09-14-2003, 09:36 AM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the Borla because it is not too loud. I don't want it to be loud because once I put on my cat-bypass pipes then it would be slightly louder. If I had Injen + bypass pipes, that would be way too loud sicne the Injen is already loud by itself.
Old 09-14-2003, 03:41 PM
MGV156

I've had compliments on the streets w/ my Injen. IMO, the Injen is a "TRUE" dual and I'm not sure about the Borla. One more thing to look at is potential exhaust leaks from the borla system. If I recall, there are 9 clamps and 7 pieces to connect compared to the Injen (4 pieces and flange connections). The angled look is what sets it apart from other exhausts for the Z. It might sound a bit loud from inside the car, but it sure sounds bad-*** from outside. If you decide to get the Injen, don't install the silencers. You'll regret putting them on because you can feel a noticeable difference and plus it's hard to remove them.
Old 09-14-2003, 04:32 PM
92hatchattack

from what i have hear ... the tone that comes out of a borla exhaust with test pipes is just pure bliss.........exotic in fact .... i think thats what im gonna be going for!
Old 09-14-2003, 06:03 PM
Zmeflyby

its true
i have heard the borla and it makes the Z sounds like a domestic.
Old 01-13-2005, 10:57 PM
mullet418

Usally silencers arent to big of a problem to take out. y are the injens different?
Old 01-14-2005, 11:23 AM
solidsnake

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Whats the lowest price for the Injen? Lowest ive seen is 850.
Old 01-14-2005, 11:47 AM
solidsnake

And where can you get the borla for that price. Thats super low!
Old 01-14-2005, 11:56 AM
mikeyj217

injen u can get for 770 shipped from one of the sponsors i forgot which one. I just installed the injen today. A) its not as loud as i expected it to be but its nice and deep. When cruising u cant really hear much of a difference but at wot it sounds nice and deep. Though it was just installed today im very happy so far. I have heard the borla and i dont understand y anyone would spend around 700 to be stock. To me if ur gonna spend the money there should at least be some difference. IF u say its for hp gains, we all know that no exhaust increases the hp by that much.
Old 01-14-2005, 08:30 PM
solidsnake

770 is a good price..Got pics of yours?
Old 01-14-2005, 09:20 PM
mikeyj217

i can by monday, real nice looking imho. Some kid in a riced out civic tried to race me today i think he had turbo or sc( b/c he had all the gauges) and i smoked him.
Old 01-14-2005, 09:36 PM
mkell

Would the VeilSide full titanium dual exhaust be free enough for a Greddy TT? I am thinking about purchasing one and I was wondering if I should change the exhaust. Does any have the VeilSide? How does it sound? Thanks!

-Matt
Old 01-17-2005, 02:14 PM
DaddyPhatSaks

Old 01-17-2005, 04:52 PM
lowrider

You didn't ask this, but if it were me, and it was, the first thing I would change on the exhaust would be the cats. The cats are a very restrictive 2 chamber design. HiFlow cats will really open things up, and you can go on with changes to the exhaust from there. HiFlows will also change the tone of the exhaust. My choice for the cats would be Crawford.

Lou
Old 01-17-2005, 05:14 PM
Dissolved

Borla is too many pieces. No thanks. Borla can stay on Fbodys
Old 01-17-2005, 05:19 PM
BENJ-AMG
Banned

Originally posted by lowrider
You didn't ask this, but if it were me, and it was, the first thing I would change on the exhaust would be the cats. The cats are a very restrictive 2 chamber design. HiFlow cats will really open things up, and you can go on with changes to the exhaust from there. HiFlows will also change the tone of the exhaust. My choice for the cats would be Crawford.

Lou
I have the Borla and I am getting Crawford cats installed tomorrow. Should the sound increase be pretty noticable or is it relatively subtle?

Quick Reply: Looking for new exhaust: Borla vs. Injen opinions?