Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

07+ hr y-pipe on DE?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 07:22 PM
Alfresco09

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07+ hr y-pipe on DE?

For the record i have attempted to search about this, and came up with very little. The search function has been sucking lately.

ok, I ran across this on another forum and was wondering if anyone has done this with a non HR Z. It is pretty popular with the G crowd.
http://g35driver.com/forums/intake-e...-2003-g35.html

For those that are going to say "just go spend $400+ on an aftermarket Y-pipe", I can't. My mod budget is minimal. My money goes to my Wife, child, investments, and my mortgage. But for the price that you can pick up a used hr y-pipe and hfc this would be a route i could do. I plan on leaving the rest of my exhaust stock. I would be more then willing to try this out on my own if i were in the states, but i am currently deployed and it is not an option.

Would a non hr z see the same relults as what the g guys are seeing? Thanks in advance.
Old 04-05-2009, 04:56 AM
Z04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Alfresco09

Would a non hr z see the same relults as what the g guys are seeing? Thanks in advance.

no. plus changing a y-pipe is not going to raise your HP numbers to a point where you will notice a thing, but it will sound different. good luck though but personally, i would save up for a better exhaust system since money seems to be an issue for you.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:23 AM
beetlejuice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Alfresco09

Yes.

This has been discussed here before.

It's a good bang for the buck mod.