Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Berk Metallic HFC Pros and Cons

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 03:23 PM
Jeff92se

Received 1,072 Likes on 964 Posts

Yes? No? I'd say they are larger but then again I can't see the outlet of the berk
Old 04-08-2009, 03:34 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it was definitely larger.
Old 04-08-2009, 04:50 PM
whoopazz1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And they save you weight...
Old 04-08-2009, 07:36 PM
singh

I made a thread including pictures of me measuring the inlets of my Berk HFCs. Search under threads started by me.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:47 PM
singh

here it is:
https://my350z.com/forum/intake-exha...-and-hfcs.html
Old 04-09-2009, 11:15 AM
nismomike

Default HKW exhaust and Berk HFC

awesome vids you got! Definitely sounds amazing. I have a question though! I have an 08 Nismo, and I am looking at getting the HKS High-Power exhaust and the Berktech HFC. Will these two work with no problems?? I am looking at ordering them both from the Z store as the HKS seems to be a very reasonable price, as well as the hfc being great price too. Thanks for any input!!
Old 04-09-2009, 11:42 AM
tiguy99

Originally Posted by nismomike
awesome vids you got! Definitely sounds amazing. I have a question though! I have an 08 Nismo, and I am looking at getting the HKS High-Power exhaust and the Berktech HFC. Will these two work with no problems?? I am looking at ordering them both from the Z store as the HKS seems to be a very reasonable price, as well as the hfc being great price too. Thanks for any input!!
I'm curious about the Nismo exhausts as well. I heard that the Nismos for our G coupes had a few issues in the past with certain HFCs causing them to crack.

As for me, I've got the Berk Metallic HFCs + 350z HR Y-Pipe on my ride. Love the Berks so far. No CEL, no smell, no rasp somewhat butt dyno gains....

Con....exhaust hiss @ certain RPMS.

I'm getting the Fast Intentions exhaust next week. I'm wondering how the Berks will work with my HR-Y Pipe and Fast Intentions Exhaust. I'll update this thread after I get it but so far so good

Originally Posted by tylerxfire
well i don't have a HR, but im totally happy with my berks so far, no cracking, no CEL, no problems knock on wood....they have changed up the bracket and is supposed to prevent from cracking, and have the defoulers built in, i have absolutely no hiss or rasp on my car and it is vortech charged, clean sounding as can be matched with the nismo cat back...good luck im sure ull get some feedback from the HR guys
+1

Last edited by tiguy99; 04-09-2009 at 11:45 AM.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:25 PM
singh

Originally Posted by tiguy99
I'm getting the Fast Intentions exhaust next week. I'm wondering how the Berks will work with my HR-Y Pipe and Fast Intentions Exhaust. I'll update this thread after I get it but so far so good
Your Fast Intentions exhaust will replace your HR y-pipe. I hope you know that.

Originally Posted by nismomike
What do you mean work together? Are you asking if they will bolt-up to each other without issue? Yes any aftermarket exhaust will bolt-up to any aftermarket HFC/test pipe. Just make sure if you have an HR engine that you get HR specific HFC/test pipes.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:43 PM
nismomike

Originally Posted by gsingh350Z

What do you mean work together? Are you asking if they will bolt-up to each other without issue? Yes any aftermarket exhaust will bolt-up to any aftermarket HFC/test pipe. Just make sure if you have an HR engine that you get HR specific HFC/test pipes.
Yes, sorry for the noob response. Yes, I am making sure everything is specific to the 07-08 engines. I made sure the berks were 07 nd up, and the higher price reflects it as well (from the DE version). I just wanted to make sure that when I take out the factory exhaust and cats that the berks nd HKS will be fully compatible with no modifications, if any, are needed.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:54 PM
tiguy99

Originally Posted by gsingh350Z

I just thought about that! You're absolutely correct. I have a DE motor and one of the mods we're running over on driver is the swap of the DE Y pipe for the HR Y pipe.

Its a direct swap and deepens the exhaust note along with minor butt dyno gains.

I guess I'll have an HR Y pipe for sale next weekend. I know I shouldn't have an issue letting that one go either

Mike, since you have an HR motor Z, as long as you get the HFCs for the HR motor they should bolt up to your HKS exhaust no problem.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:12 AM
nismomike

Originally Posted by tiguy99
I just thought about that! You're absolutely correct. I have a DE motor and one of the mods we're running over on driver is the swap of the DE Y pipe for the HR Y pipe.

Its a direct swap and deepens the exhaust note along with minor butt dyno gains.

I guess I'll have an HR Y pipe for sale next weekend. I know I shouldn't have an issue letting that one go either

Mike, since you have an HR motor Z, as long as you get the HFCs for the HR motor they should bolt up to your HKS exhaust no problem.
Thanks for the help! Appreciate the input one could find on this forum
Old 04-10-2009, 06:46 PM
dbsears

Are these cats 200cell? Thats the same as Stillen correct. I like that Berks actually have the mounting bracket.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:44 PM
leg killa

Originally Posted by tylerxfire
im in ny and would have done them for u...how much u pay to have someone install if u don't mind...i put mine on in about hour and half, took longer to get the stockers out than anything
try to install as much as you can yourself..will save you a bunch of cash..bolt ons are normally pretty easy..
Old 04-13-2009, 01:36 PM
tylerxfire

absolutely, anyone with tools and that can read through instructions can perform bolt-ons, not to mention all the help on the forums for installations...and saves alot of cash for other goods..
Old 04-13-2009, 06:20 PM
xdrius
ZL33PR

still can't find any video or sound clips of an HR 350Z ('07-08) with Berk Metallic HFCs, stock Y-pipe, and the '07-08 Fujitsubo Legalis R exhaust... :/

Guess I'll be the first? (hope it sounds great...)
Old 04-13-2009, 08:17 PM
dbsears

Make a video too...because that is the setup I plan to run.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:46 PM
xdrius
ZL33PR

I made my payment to Paul from ART for the Berk Metallic HFCs on Monday, but I can't seem to get a hold of him at all. It has been a week already. No confirmation email of received payment (even though payment had posted on my credit card). No return calls when I left voicemails. Not even a single private message returned here on my350z.com. I don't know what is going on...
Old 04-18-2009, 06:23 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

You should have gotten it from Kyle at IPP. Trust me when I say no one can beat his price.
Old 04-18-2009, 07:13 AM
tylerxfire

Originally Posted by xdrius
I made my payment to Paul from ART for the Berk Metallic HFCs on Monday, but I can't seem to get a hold of him at all. It has been a week already. No confirmation email of received payment (even though payment had posted on my credit card). No return calls when I left voicemails. Not even a single private message returned here on my350z.com. I don't know what is going on...

the berk high flows for the 07-08's should ship out today and the 03-06 will be middle to end of the next week coming up...their shipment just came in yesterday or today
Old 04-18-2009, 07:14 AM
tylerxfire

Originally Posted by SOLO-350Z
You should have gotten it from Kyle at IPP. Trust me when I say no one can beat his price.
true dat 380 shipped cant be beat

Quick Reply: Berk Metallic HFC Pros and Cons