Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

ART Pipes Installed - Review Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 11:08 AM
screener
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Last edited by screener; 05-30-2010 at 02:58 PM.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:54 AM
SniperHunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ahaha, wow, what a loser. Saving and sharing PMs? Pathetic, especially since you came to me asking me for help and I replied. And yeah, so how does that make me a liar? 5 months ago after my tune, I was able to stick to M3s. Sticking means I lost, but didn't get walked badly. Most people will tell you that. It's not even the same story. They were two completely different events and cars.

Good job and better luck next time, smart guy.

Last edited by SniperHunter; 04-12-2010 at 11:59 AM.
Old 04-12-2010, 12:37 PM
procustomize

I think beddow is taking too much account in machine vs machine.... and forgot the other side of the story where driver counts... In any extend, I respect Arnold for doing his work and show us what he thought on the ART. Thanks man sure made me clear that I want a pair of those sweet ART pipes
Old 04-12-2010, 02:52 PM
screener
Banned

Last edited by screener; 05-30-2010 at 02:59 PM.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:30 PM
onagao

And down goes yet another thread, transformed by Beddow into an off-topic, personal argument full of childish accusations and belligerence. I'm kind of surprised the mods are letting this guy continue this circus act.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:36 PM
SniperHunter

Originally Posted by beddow
Your full of BS, when people like myself look to the facts. Yeah, I can stick to a 10 second car to then, but I still lost, what is you logic? Please loser just go quietly.
There's no such thing as sticking to a 10 second car. You're exaggerating my words and you know it. Last year that M3 had about 2-3 car lengths on me, that's sticking. This time, I was neck and neck with it to 100.

I'm pathetic huh? lets see if you can prove that, because I do not clean out my indox frequently. You on the other hand have a butt dyno? Also stick to e92 m3's.
Wow, talk about moron. You've been using that butt dyno comment I made in jest all seriously? Are you kidding? You've tried using that against me numerous times all to no avail...wake up, idiot, I was kidding. But let me make it clear: no, I don't have a butt dyno. Just had to clarify in case you thought it was a real thing. What are you? Borat?

(procustomize) Drivers matter yes, but to believe his machine (350z) stuck to it is just plain ignorant. Tenths of a second matter in an accel competition, if that person was not ready to accel and he took off we could be talking over a second delay before M3 driver even started to go wot... Have a legitiment race with one then come back and tell us the outcome.
Ignorant? Are you under the impression that a stock E92 M3 is some sort of God's chariot? I've seen 6MT owners run low 13s on that car. That's bolt-on 350Z territory. What is the matter with you? They are not fast cars by any stretch. Hell, I've seen a youtube video with a HR-Z with less mods than my car run neck and neck with an M3 from a launch. Get over it.

You constantly overeact your stories after modding. Remember your review of Osiris? That was funny, you gave this huge praise and stated how incredibly fast your car now was. Then the Osiris people told you all you had was a base map. hahaha classic foot in mouth. Then all over again after you got an e tune, How super dooper fast your car was again, but I thought it was super dooper fast with the base map? What are you a fool?, Sounds like your butt dyno sucks Arnold and you may just have to start going to a real dyno before opening your mouth about power adding mods. Don't spread true ignorance as you do, then not expect logical people as myself to not get sickened and call you out.
Ahh, yes. That's where you're wrong. See, that base map actually did reset my ECU and it did give me power, but only for about a day or two, until the ECU just recalibrated itself and went back to its original settings and such. That's perfectly normal, in fact. So I actually did feel a change in power for that whole day, until my ECU relearned and made my car run poorly again the following night. But like I said, try again.

Just quit giving your amature stories and leave the reviews to people that actually use facts.
Not until you quit at life, sir.

Thanks for sh*tting up my thread too, btw. Your war against Motordyne seems to be in full effect. Never seen someone so vigilant to troll a product - it's like some sort of f-ing Jihad for you.
Old 04-12-2010, 05:27 PM
sfearl1

Originally Posted by onagao
And down goes yet another thread, transformed by Beddow into an off-topic, personal argument full of childish accusations and belligerence. I'm kind of surprised the mods are letting this guy continue this circus act.
x2 ...
Old 04-12-2010, 05:55 PM
o2sys

Alright Arnold, let me whip out my M5 and lets film the race and post it up to shut this beddow guy up....sounds like he is just jealous
Old 04-12-2010, 06:49 PM
SniperHunter

Haha, even though you're joking...my brother's M6 already crushed the sh*t out of me a few nights ago.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:29 PM
ashram

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

These art pipes sound pretty interesting , i'm looking fore about 20 more wheel horsepower. from motordynes website it looks like the art pipes come on the shockwave version 2 exhaust system, hopefully that and the motordyne 5/16 spacer will get me to my goal. As far as arnold k keeping up with an e92 m3 if it happened it happened. heck i was cruising at 90 today and there was a kia spectra keeping up with me lol
Old 04-12-2010, 08:24 PM
whitez33350ztt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah when i had full bolt ons and bc stage 2 cams on my car.. wich is a 2003 de 350z.. i was neck and neck with my friends e92 m3 from 40-100.. so idk what beddow is trying to say.. but back on to topic how are the smell going to go away after break in .. im confused?
Old 04-12-2010, 08:40 PM
onagao

Originally Posted by ashram
These art pipes sound pretty interesting , i'm looking fore about 20 more wheel horsepower. from motordynes website it looks like the art pipes come on the shockwave version 2 exhaust system, hopefully that and the motordyne 5/16 spacer will get me to my goal....
That's a big negatron, Ashram. What you're seeing on that exhaust is a set Helmholtz resonators like those on the ART Pipes. However, because of their location at the end of the exhaust stream, they are purely acoustic modifications to eliminate drone and that sort of thing. While the ART Pipes also have Helmoltz resonance chambers, because of their location and proximity to the exhaust manifold, they have a performance enhancing effect - not just an acoustic one like on the exhaust.

If you want the ART Pipes, you'll need to get the ART Pipes; they don't come on any exhaust. Sorry.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:46 PM
SniperHunter

Originally Posted by whitez33350ztt
yeah when i had full bolt ons and bc stage 2 cams on my car.. wich is a 2003 de 350z.. i was neck and neck with my friends e92 m3 from 40-100.. so idk what beddow is trying to say.. but back on to topic how are the smell going to go away after break in .. im confused?
You know, that's a good question and I recall reading an answer to it a while ago. But the smell from my ART Pipes has gotten a lot less strong over the course of 400+ miles. I never really minded in the first place, but I, along with others, have noted that the smell has gotten much better. It's especially noticeable when I park the car in the garage and come out - I don't smell it as much anymore. Either that or I'm used to it. Hahaha.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:06 AM
ashram

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by onagao
That's a big negatron, Ashram. What you're seeing on that exhaust is a set Helmholtz resonators like those on the ART Pipes. However, because of their location at the end of the exhaust stream, they are purely acoustic modifications to eliminate drone and that sort of thing. While the ART Pipes also have Helmoltz resonance chambers, because of their location and proximity to the exhaust manifold, they have a performance enhancing effect - not just an acoustic one like on the exhaust.

If you want the ART Pipes, you'll need to get the ART Pipes; they don't come on any exhaust. Sorry.
Oh ok thanks fore explaining that to me. So it looks like i may just be better off getting the art pipes and 5/16 spacer.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:37 AM
o2sys

That's just the smell of carbon monoxide lol, there are no cats so you are smelling the aftermath of the combustion. Windows down on a stop light will cause headache from the fumes...smells bad
Old 04-13-2010, 07:53 AM
SniperHunter

Haha, it's not that terrible. Nasty and headache inducing is an EvoX with downpipes...now that's nasty. I had the displeasure of being behind a friend's EvoX when he dumped it in front of me...yuck!
Old 04-13-2010, 08:02 AM
0jiggy0

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Arnold K.
You know, that's a good question and I recall reading an answer to it a while ago. But the smell from my ART Pipes has gotten a lot less strong over the course of 400+ miles. I never really minded in the first place, but I, along with others, have noted that the smell has gotten much better. It's especially noticeable when I park the car in the garage and come out - I don't smell it as much anymore. Either that or I'm used to it. Hahaha.
Thats ur nose becoming numb lol. Its still just as strong, have a new person sit in the car.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:07 AM
SniperHunter

Ahahaha. Did you smell it by any chance when I left on Sunday? Come out on Wednesday night and let me know if it's that noticeable or bad.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:11 AM
GT-ER

How are you guys keeping up with a car that goes mid to high 12's at over 111-113mph bone stock?
Old 04-13-2010, 08:24 AM
tsar

Originally Posted by GT-ER
How are you guys keeping up with a car that goes mid to high 12's at over 111-113mph bone stock?
People with HR's can run low 13's with no mods, there have been a few threads on here, I'm just too lazy to search right now.

Quick Reply: ART Pipes Installed - Review Thread